[OpenTTD] NuTracks - Dev Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [OpenTTD] NuTracks - Dev Thread

Post by Taschi »

Lukáš wrote: 25 Dec 2021 11:36 i use nutracks (tested v247 and v283) in openttd 12.1 and the graphics of the rails are changing under the train (dutch trainset also usset). Does anyone have a similar problem?
The darker parts of the track are currently reserved. You can turn this off in the settings. It has nothing to do with NuTracks, it's a general OpenTTD feature.
Lukáš
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lukáš »

Taschi wrote: 25 Dec 2021 18:48
Lukáš wrote: 25 Dec 2021 11:36 i use nutracks (tested v247 and v283) in openttd 12.1 and the graphics of the rails are changing under the train (dutch trainset also usset). Does anyone have a similar problem?
The darker parts of the track are currently reserved. You can turn this off in the settings. It has nothing to do with NuTracks, it's a general OpenTTD feature.
Thank you very much. It just proves that after 20 years of playing ttd and openttd he still has a lot to learn :)
happysmash27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by happysmash27 »

Upon switching from version 247 to 283, why are all the costs of the tracks so absurdly expensive?

At first I thought that all my maglev track sets were way to cheap, but upon loading an older savegame with the older NuTracks, the tracks are much cheaper, at hundreds of currency units instead of the current thousands!

Furthermore, is there a way to disable the message about metros being designed to run on isolated track instead of third rail? This message also did not exist on the older version. Why isn't Nutrack's third rail able to be classified as a third rail metro track?

Edit: I figured out a workaround to get the old version: Loading an old saved set of mods. From this I was also able to figure out, that the crazy costs are not from the new version! If I switch the loading around to more like I had it before, the costs are no longer so absurd.

Edit 2: I figured out the cost issue. It appears that if either the maglev track set or vactrain track set are after Nutracks, they make Nutracks very expensive, and maglev very cheap.

Edit 3: Upon even further testing I'm thinking this is probably an issue with Nutracks again. No matter which order I put the maglev/vactrain addons, at least one type of track makes no sense in terms of cost compared to the others, and it also varies a lot depending on which order I put it in.

Return to “Graphics Development”