TTD not running in fullscreen in Acer netbook

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

TTD not running in fullscreen in Acer netbook

Post by Andrex »

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I disappeared from the TT world, but I never completely left... :)

I'm trying to run TTDPatch 2.5 beta 9 on my Acer Aspire One 751h netbook, which has an Intel GMA 500 graphic adapter, but I'm totally unable to run it in fullscreen. I've tried setting different resolutions like 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, setting both desktop resolutions and using the resolutionwidth/resolutionheight switches with no luck, the game is always in windowed mode. I also tried all 3 fullscreen modes in the internal TTD registry settings.

The native display resolution is 1366x768 (not tried this with the switches, because 1366 is not a valid TTDP resolution) but it should have worked with the other ones... Is this a driver fault that cannot switch to fullscreen? I know there are plenty of complaints with the GMA drivers so I imagine it's not a TTDP problem.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: TTD not running in fullscreen in Acer netbook

Post by eis_os »

If the native image resolution doesn't fit TTDPatch you won't be able to run it in fullscreen...

(you can try to use a non native but TTDPatch friendly display resolution in windows and try again)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I've tried that, I set the screen res to 800x600 (in both centered and expanded video modes) but the game does not run in fullscreen. Setting the switches to 1366x768 didn't work either, it only caused the graphics to improperly align the horizontal pixels screwing all, and the game still was Windowed mode (attached pic)
Attachments
TTDP with Intel GMA 500
TTDP with Intel GMA 500
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Well I just found the problem, I'm totally out of luck. The only "Known Issue" with this Intel driver is that "TTDPatch won't run in fullscreen", can you believe that $%1t !!

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18472/e ... xp_gfx.htm

No DOS app will ever work in fullscreen with this XP driver.

I'll have migrate to Windows 7 to try another driver, I just hope that the good old 2.5 beta 9 version released 4 years ago will work under Seven... but with the bad luck I'm having lately I wouldn't count on that. Thanks
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Only that TTDPatch Windows for the Windows Version isn't using DOS.... anyway, you can't run TTDPatch on non-aligned screen sizes, so you can only use it in near full screen size... sorry there is no hope that this will be ever fixed...
Drakattd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Drakattd »

Anyone fixed this?
I have NVIDIA GTX680M...but still doesnt get fullscreen :/
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Mikaelft wrote:Anyone fixed this?
I have NVIDIA GTX680M...but still doesnt get fullscreen :/
I suggest you to try OpenTTD which does run in fullscreen mode properly on any resolution. You can use OpenTTD Manager in order to deploy and update it directly.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”