[WIP] Fyra

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

DingeZ
Engineer
Engineer

[WIP] Fyra

Post by DingeZ »

It has been released, see it HERE.

Would somebody make the fyra models for me, I'd really like to have them.

Specs V250:
Weight: 423t
Power: 5.500kW (all train, so 2.750kW per end)
Maximum Speed: 250km/h
Number of seats: 546
Total Lenght: 200,9m (8 cars, 27m for driving cars, 24,5m for the others)

Now the tricky part is the paintjob. Because it goes over multiple cars and each one is different.
As you can see in this pic the 3 cars on the end have multiple diagonal stripes, these are the same on the other side.
The middle 2 cars have the word 'FYRA' on it.

The idea is to have to sections:
-A power section containing the 3 cars with the diagonal red/pink stripes. This one has 2.000kW power and carries 200 passengers. It's 76m long and the panthograph is on the second car near the driver car.
-A middle section containing the 2 cars with 'FYRA' on it. This one has 1.500kW power and carries 146 passengers. It's 49m long.

The reason for a powered middle section is because the real V250 is also powered over all cars.

Here's another pic with a good view of the drivers car.

Thanks in advance. :wink:
Last edited by DingeZ on 16 Mar 2010 19:15, edited 2 times in total.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Re: [Request] Fyra

Post by Tattoo »

Where did you get the specs for this train? I found some info but not much. I'd like to try my hand at this.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Martin1990
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Martin1990 »

why not make it EMU-4+EMU-4

(1 front, 1 back, powercar and steering car)
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

the same way SQ's TEE was made would work me thinks.
Martin1990
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Martin1990 »

noofnoof wrote:the same way SQ's TEE was made would work me thinks.
exept for that the tee had 2 identical DMU's
this whould be more like strongbow's low floor trams, 1 front part, 1 back part...
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

I guess, but this has an equal number of carriages.

and the thing most likely to get this made is if there is an MSTS model out.
DingeZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DingeZ »

Well, a EMU4+EMU4 would be possible, but don't forget that the last cars are different on each side.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

One word: APT. Look at it and implent it that way. And voila done. (only 2 dats needed.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
DingeZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DingeZ »

Huh? Do you mean use the APT train as model? How (and why) would you do that?
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

After I read about this I looked for some pictures to work with. I found some decent one to work off of and I do like this train so I figured I'd give it a shot and after a couple days of messing with this I think I got a good shape going. There is still a real lot of work to do before I can think about textures. And for them I don't know what I'll do. I'm colorblind on red, yellow and green so I could use some help with textures if someone is willing to help with this. Let me know what ya thinkl...
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

DingeZ wrote:Huh? Do you mean use the APT train as model? How (and why) would you do that?
No, you know how the APT in Locomotion need to be bought dont you?

APT:

Code: Select all

Front: /___|
Midcar: |___|
Powercar: |[][]|
Will look like: /___||___||[][]||___||___\
3 dats required

Fyra:

Code: Select all

Front: /___||___||___|
Powercar: |[][]||[][]|
Will look like:  /___||___||___||[][]||[][]||___||___||___\

2 dats required.
(And only make the middle cars with power and voila working Fyra wich even the AI understands.)

Just trust me on this one.
Tattoo wrote:After I read about this I looked for some pictures to work with. I found some decent one to work off of and I do like this train so I figured I'd give it a shot and after a couple days of messing with this I think I got a good shape going. There is still a real lot of work to do before I can think about textures. And for them I don't know what I'll do. I'm colorblind on red, yellow and green so I could use some help with textures if someone is willing to help with this. Let me know what ya thinkl...
Build your model, and make it easy for me to make the skin.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
DingeZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DingeZ »

No that would ruin the paintjob. All the cars are differently coloured.
And btw, I don't mind want the AI thinks of it. I hate AI so I always turn it off.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

DingeZ wrote:No that would ruin the paintjob. All the cars are differently coloured.
And btw, I don't mind want the AI thinks of it. I hate AI so I always turn it off.
That doesnt ruin the paintjob, and i know it ;)
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

WTF. I posted these images last night and now they're not there. Here they are again. This is what I got done so far..
Last edited by Tattoo on 06 Apr 2010 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Tattoo, which program is that you're using?
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Gmax
Last edited by Tattoo on 27 Jun 2010 02:07, edited 2 times in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I hope you dont make the train too long. Seems to me a bit long.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

looking good tat. Nice work...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Last edited by Tattoo on 27 Jun 2010 02:25, edited 2 times in total.
DingeZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DingeZ »

oww, nice start. :D I can recognize the shape pretty good, so I say good job. And, don't forget the headlight on top. :P

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”