TTDn plus patch under Windows 7

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

TTDn plus patch under Windows 7

Post by Doclouis »

Hello,

after having found out, that ttd/patch doesn't work with vista, I got back to XP. Now I am trying Windows 7. Installing and running the the game is fine. But somehow in the middle of the game (twice after ufo bombing) the game hangs up. Any experiences out there with Windows 7?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: TTDn plus patch under Windows 7

Post by DaleStan »

Doclouis wrote:after having found out, that ttd/patch doesn't work with vista,
Actually, it does, but that's beside the point.
Doclouis wrote:Now I am trying Windows 7. Installing and running the the game is fine. But somehow in the middle of the game (twice after ufo bombing) the game hangs up.
If it's a hang, we need a substitute crashlog. (See my signature.) If it's a crash, we'd prefer a crashlog, but a substitute will do.

We'll also need a save from just before the hang, and your configs.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

DaleStan wrote:Actually, it does, but that's beside the point.
Aarg! Well, I don't like it anyway. And the TTDX problem was my no. 1 reason for trashing vista :lol:

Okay, I played the savegame for 2h now, but it didn't crash, even not after Ufo-bombig. Heck, I don't know why. If you wait for a crash, it runs fine :roll:

But I uploaded the last two crashlogs.
Attachments
CRASH002.TXT
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
CRASH001.TXT
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I have no problems playing TTDPatch under Windows 7 or Vista, make sure you have compatibility mode set to "Windows XP (SP3)" though, otherwise TTDPatch will hang (randomly) when not focussed or even sometimes when focussed.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Both crashes are in DeleteVehicleSchedule, but without a save that reproduces this crash, it's going to be very hard to debug.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

I will keep on playing & saving for a crash :lol:
toyotaskdz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by toyotaskdz »

hey guys ive just built a newpc for myselfrunning win 7 pro. i have ttd rnning ok graphically no hangs or crashes using standard xp patch, but i have no sound midi/sfx. any ideas greatly appreciated. thanx
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Have you tried the things suggested in this thread? (If so, what happened when you did?)
Have you tried replacing your keyboard with one that allows you to type capital letters, apostrophes, and other such things that everyone else here seems to manage to use?
The Coolest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Coolest »

I have the same issue as toyotaskdz.
I get sound but no music.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Assuming you are playing with no registry entries, check "registry.ini" and change the midi entry to something like "D1" and see if you get sound then.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
The Coolest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Coolest »

I've installed the game from the CD. I also used some kind of reg file I looked up online trying to get the game running before I discovered TTDPatch.
I do not have registry.ini in my game folder.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Try running the registry tool as administator and changing the settings?

~ Lakie
The Coolest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Coolest »

Thanks, I'll take a look tonight when I get off work.
The Coolest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Coolest »

Wow, so simple! How haven't I figured this one out?

Thanks!

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”