Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1553 posts ]  Go to page Previous 174 75 76 77 78
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:30 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Hello,

FIRSt of all I would like to thank you for this set. It is a really nice work!

It has been a while I didn't play Ottd and now that I've started, I had encountered a small bug. Sorry if it was already reported, but I couldn't found any sollutions.
I'm playing Europe v1.0 scenario. I edited it deleting all the (default) industries for using FIRS, but i found out that a couple of FIRS industries are having some graphic issues and I can't understand why.
I've attached some pics and the scn.

thank you.

Attachments:
File comment: The graphic issue bug. Left is Iron ore mine and Right is Oil Raffinery.
bug.PNG [334.85 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: The scenario that I've download and edited.
scn.PNG
scn.PNG [ 32.79 KiB | Viewed 4304 times ]
File comment: The edited scn.
EU_noIndustries.scn [4.5 MiB]
Downloaded 89 times

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:03 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Changing graphics is generally not recommended....viewtopic.php?f=29&t=53881&start=40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:10 am 

Sensation Lover wrote:
I edited it deleting all the (default) industries for using FIRS, but i found out that a couple of FIRS industries are having some graphic issues and I can't understand why.

Once a scenario is created, you cannot change the industries without corrupting the scenario, which is what ha happened in your case. Your only solution is to export the heightmap and re-create the scenario from scratch, loading all the NewGRFs you want to include first before starting the scenario editor and importing the heightmap.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:30 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Not just a kosher solution, but a more functional one is to start the game from the scenario and simply add FIRS .... Look, it also makes trouble. But you do not destroy the scenario :) I do not recommend changing the older FIRS for a new one, just making a mess and making it unplayable. The only truly functional solution is that written by Kamnet ....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:44 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I've taken notes... thank you guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Sensation Lover wrote:
I've taken notes... thank you guys!

It does suck to have to "remake" a scenario, especially if it has some nice rivers and lakes, but at least that lets you do things your way with your own GRF's. You could even make a larger version of the scenario like I did with the USA-Canada 4K Scenario. I still have yet to upload a North american Industries version of it (which is built on FIRS 3.0.10 code)

# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello! I already asked in Script theme but...

I have a question. How can I get familiar FIRS 30.0.10 & Goal Based City Growth script? I've read a lot, tried to fix cargo list by using cargo.nut and Debug mode, tried onother Renewed_City_Growth and Simple_City_Builder... Still "cargoes don't match the list etc.".
May be someone have the right cargo.nut and can upload it... It's my favorite way to play OTTD so far
Do I something wrong?

Anyway thank you for amazing work! I play OTTD & FIRS for years :bow:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hi, I'm trying to compile FIRS 3.0.10 but it spits out this error:

Code:
nmlc ERROR: nmlc: An internal error has occurred:
nmlc-version: 0.4.4
Error:    (IndexError) "pop from empty list".
Command:  ['/usr/bin/nmlc', '-c', '-l', 'generated/lang', '--grf=generated/firs.grf', 'generated/firs.nml']
Location: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/nml/actions/action4.py", line 168, in get_string_action4s

Makefile:93: recipe for target 'generated/firs.grf' failed
make: *** [generated/firs.grf] Error 1

Any clues as to what's wrong? :)

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

I'm pretty sure your NML is too old. You need NML 0.4.5 or newer.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:52 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

planetmaker wrote:
I'm pretty sure your NML is too old. You need NML 0.4.5 or newer.

Thanks, that worked :)

although in this case the documentation should be updated since it lists NML 0.4 or newer

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

lekkimsm2500 wrote:
Coming in here, to ask if it would be possible to have all cargo types and industries enabled, and just having read a handful of the last posts about a cargo limitation, am i then correctly understanding that wont be possible then?

SilverSurferZzZ wrote:
It's impossible today. 32 cargoes is the limit, nothing more.

Maybe in a distant future....

I am not going to lie. I find this update very pleasing.

Code:
OpenTTD 1.9.0-beta2

Some highlights are:

- Support for up to 64 simultaneous rail types and cargo types;

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:55 pm 

As deep and complex as FIRS already is, I don't have any expectation of a cargo free-for-all. You already have that with Extreme setting, and I can't even imagine trying to cram more cargo into that. As evidence, I'll point you down the road to the recent development in AuzInd trying to do just that, and it's hitting all sorts of issues.

Having cargo is one thing. Trying to figure out how to make it all flow into a game, how to make it all work together, that's a lot harder.

If anything were to change in FIRS, it might be using the existing cargo but taking advantage of the new feature that industries can accept or produce up to 16 items. It's still going to be a challenge to make that useful without it becoming unmanageable, it would definitely make a person thing about just how they're going to set up their network.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:49 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

FIRS 3.0.12 now released (bananas or http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/releases/)

* translations updated (thanks translators)
* note that nml 0.4.5 is needed for compiling FIRS (thanks planetmaker, Emperor Jake)

There was a 3.0.11, but for some reason I never put it on bananas. Water under the bridge eh? :)

Might be the last v3 release...

Road Hog (road vehicles, released)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1553 posts ]  Go to page Previous 174 75 76 77 78