European Roadset - discontinued

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Cool, I thought I included them :( . I'll see when I have time to fix it. Thanks for the reminder!

PS: maybe this is a good solution for Oskar's problem with pilars?!
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

are you planning to redraw some of the bridges ?
because the steel cages (cantiliever) are really ugly

thx for answer
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

There something wrong with the European Roadset: The barriers at railroad crossings are placed on the wrong side of the road: They should be on the right side in stead of the left side, because in most European countries people drive on the right side.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I think you've set the wrong drivers side. Everything is allright in my own version. Check the drivers side.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Does it work when you change the driving side if you've already started a game (I tested that and it didn't work, note that I didn't have any railroad crossings or road vehicles)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Change Drive Side (If you can)
Savegame
Loadgame
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Once you started a game it's too late :(.
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Hyronymus wrote:Once you started a game it's too late :(.
Why do you think so? Just do as eis_os says.. it works for me...
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

You can change driving side until you have build your first road vehicle :roll:
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Dinges wrote:You can change driving side until you have build your first road vehicle :roll:
Or the AI has done that for you. :wink:
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

Rob wrote:
Dinges wrote:You can change driving side until you have build your first road vehicle :roll:
Or the AI has done that for you. :wink:
I never play with AI's (their sooooooooooooo stupid)
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

Shouldn't the center line be continous aut of towns, well, i know there are no highways, but....
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I modeled them after the dutch roads and we don't necessairily have continuous lines outside towns here. They are only painted in the road on dangerous locations.
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Not to mention the yellow lines in towns, which I've seen in various countries. There are some outside my house here, I've seen them in Spain, I've seen them in Sweden, and I'm fairly certain I've seen them in France as well. Not only that, but I still think the roads look too flat.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Roads are to flat, I agree. I have to really dedicate time to fix that and, guess, I rather don't do that right now. Yellow lines are here too at some places but as you said yourself, not everywhere in town or in all countries. I'm trying to keep this set as general as possible and might release an American version later on. They you will have yellow as far as you can see
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Yeah, but their yellow lines are in the middle, which just isn't right ;)

As for not having yellow lines everywhere in town, you've never tried parking here, have you? :)
You could add them to just one type of urban roads, e.g. those used at the very centre, or if that's too yellow the tree-lined ones.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I'll see what I'll do with it. Making the road rounder is my first goal.
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

Oh man, there's nothing worse than restricted parking intown, I'm gonna draw a madrid roadset to reflect those damned blue lines. (just hope you never get caught by a police without having paid for the parking time), hehh. This will be jsut to reflect frustration....

Another thing, what about crossing lights?
I made a set but it is too flickering for me, I ended up half crazy WITH!!!!! those turning lights. I also found the problem of clipping so the lightpost(aree they called semaphores? oh, whaterever, those red yellow green) must be really really small. And thinking about a street Above the road.... impossible...
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Hyronymus wrote:I'm trying to keep this set as general as possible and might release an American version later on. They you will have yellow as far as you can see
If you wanted to do this, I'd have no problem with including it in the US set. Although, you don't want to have the yellow lines solid outside of town, you want to have them dotted (on the straightaways, not on corners.) That's so you can pass. Not that the solid lines generally actually stop people from attempting to pass, but you get horrible head-on collisions that way. Hey, there's an idea for another disaster, if we could code disasters - idiot driver tries to pass when he shouldn't and smashes into an oncoming vehicle. Yikes. Better hope he wasn't driving a petroleum tanker, or a chemical-products tanker.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

bug: after fiddling my dbset upwards in the grf-list the european roadset version 0.22 decided not to do the railway crossings correctly anymore. it looked horrible.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Graphics Development”