Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Introduction topic

Post by Hyronymus »

As suggested by Logistics_4_Fun the tt-forums hereby introduces the one and only official, but not mandatory, introduction topic.

What you tell about yourself is all up to yourself. From existing members who decide to reply we expect a kind welcome to new members. If you cannot produce a kind welcome we firmly advice you to skip this topic. In further pointing out the obvious, the forum rules apply to this topic.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Introduction topic

Post by orudge »

Well, I guess it's only appropriate that I reply first. Hello, I'm Owen, and I'm a TT addict. Well, when I have time to play it, that is. I also run these lovely forums, and a couple of other TT-related sites.

Have a nice day,
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Hi. (w00t! second!!)

My name is Benjamin (aka Benny), I am 13 years old and I live in Rogaland in Norway.
I am spending most of my day reading on TT-forums, playing OpenTTD or adding stuff to my website. I really like teaching/helping newcomers in OpenTTD, so just send me a PM if you have anything on your mind. :)
Last edited by Benny on 09 Apr 2009 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Let me be third then.

I'm Hyronymus, your friendly moderator for too long again. I'm from The Netherlands and work at a middle-sized construction company. With some other members I created the Dutch Trainset [shameless plug](see signature)[/shameless plug]. If you plan anything evil it's best to execute this during working hours as I'm less active on the forum then.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I'm Andel. I represent AMI Trains - one of the largest Locomotion websites and come from the Locomotion Section. My wife is also a member here and we have the offical TT-Forums Child.

I also organise the TT-Forums meets and will be retiring from that this year.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

Comm Cody calling in. Hi Everyone and nice to meet you. I'm Comm Cody and the nice guy well sometimes :roll: I' m hard of hearing so that explains my spelling and grammar mistakes. Calling ou to play some OTTD.
Something goes here, hell if I know.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Hi. I'm weirdy. Or is it SkeedR? I can never remember. Anyways, I'm 18, in the UK and am currently on a year out with Viz-a-Viz Ministries.
I've been a TTD addict since 2000 or so when i got my first 286. Might have been a 386 actually. Anyways, that's me.

Oh, and i'm the resident weirdo. Happy times.
Last known as: Weirdy
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I am Chrill, formerly known as ChrillDeVille. My name's Christopher, I'm from Sweden and have been a member of TT-Forums since 2004. I used to be a very prominent part of the Locomotion section, a game long awaited by me, ever since I lost the ability to play Transport Tycoon Original on my Windows back in the late 90s or so. This is where I found OpenTTD, and I've been playing it since. (You'll find my screenshots by clicking my signature picture).

I'm today mainly found in the Off-Topic scene, spamming you down with Formula 1 results. Every second year, I spam you with football. I guess, in a way, I'm the local sports nerd.

Also, I'm 17 years of age (turning 18 on April 25).

That'd be all. If you need me, PM me. I don't bite, unless you smell really good, like the bestest of food. In such a case, I might bite.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

I call myself Jonty, but my name's actually Jonathan. urbandictionary.com defines "Jonty" as follows:
A name used to describe a particularly popular, intelligent and admirable person. Often used as a term of endearment.
There is no better description. :P

I'm 17, I'm English and I have a website over at http://www.jontysewell.net - but it'll probably be broken half the time as my extremely inquisitive nature means I'm always messing about and trying to learn new stuff, normally involving breaking most of the things I lay my hands on. I became a moderator here after sweet-talking Owen while he was drunk one night and he has yet to realise that I'm completely rubbish at it. I've already taken the entire forums offline once!

In my spare time I help lead a Scout group and run a lot of the A/V stuff at my church and youth club. I work as an extremely terrible systems administrator at an online art gallery and a half-decent website developer for anyone who wants a website and has six months spare. I also enjoy the outdoors and stealing witty comments from Douglas Adams.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

jonty, you truly are a piece of s*** :P This is why we love you though :)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I'm Lakie, I live in the UK.
I'm one of the developers of TTDPatch, though I'm less active on that project these days with the increased workload of a university student.
I have also wrote a few GRF files for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, see my sig for more details.

You should also note that I'm one of the moderators for the TTDPatch section.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm Dave, and I'm - apparently - the clown of the forums.

I don't take well to being patronised and I don't really care much for being criticised, nor do I really rein in my language, and have taken a couple of gutshot warnings for it.

However, I do appreciate those who show a good knowledge of what they're talking about, those who excel at things and those who know how to speak to people in the right way.

I like TTDP and OTTD but I rarely get time to play them anymore - I run the BR Set for TTD but again, this is something that is on a backburner due to commitments. I'm 20 now, go to university in Preston, England and am originally from Stourbridge in the West Midlands. I've got a beautiful girlfriend who, unlike Andel's missus, isn't on this forum as she thinks we're all geeks. My main interests are football, poker, railways, music, eating out, yada, yada, yada, bulls***, yada.

Come and say hi, and as long as you do it properly and know what you're talking about, you'll do just fine. I'm known for some spectacular blowups on this forum so please don't annoy me as I don't want to have to sort that out. Again. I'm also known as one of the Jestering Four, along with Andel, Louie Armstrong and the sadly long departed r who occasionally pops in.

I've made a couple of friends for life on this forum and I hope it does the same for you. I had the pleasure of being Andel's best man at his wedding in 2008 and am his daughter's god(less)father which is a responsibility I'm extremely proud of. That's all because of this forum - so if it can happen for me, King Donk, then you can make friends for life here too.

Just do it right.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I'm Wile E. Coyote, I'm 40 years old, I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I play TTD allmost since when it was introduced, and I never left it, altough nowadays I'm too busy to play it often :cry: . I also like Sim games and driving anything, alotugh I prefer (I know I'm in minority here :wink: ) buses and trucks. I'm one of contributors for several GRFs you use in your (O)TTD games, so if you see my name in credits of some, be sure I've been involved there. :P I also like train sets, have some stuff and I'm planning to build a scenic layout in my basement.
I finished Chemical faculty, and now I'm working office job. Hmmm... what to say more?
Last edited by Wile E. Coyote on 10 Apr 2009 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

I'm AndersI, computer programmer, father of three kids, budding graphics artist (see my Swedish trains, link below). I'm older than most (but not all) on this forum, but I still like to play when time permits. Started with the demo for TTO when it came out, bought TTDLX, and went into 'dark ages' when I got Windows XP. Then I found TTDPatch and was up and running again, the current favorite is 128x128 maps in OpenTTD as it doesn't take so much time but is still fun (especially with the new AI:s that are beginning to build more and more 'humanlike').

TTD-oriented projects I'm (more or less) taking part in:

Swedish Train set - I'm slowly (very slowly) creating a set with Swedish trains.

TTDPC - configuration program for TTDPatch that never gets outdated as it reads the switch descriptions as written by TTDPatch itself.

GRFMaker - gl2's program for creating grf:s, I have fiddled a little with the sources now and then since they became open.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i am lobster, your friendly drunken crustacean of love and hot male-to-male action innuendos that reach the limits of our very cosmos. now bend over.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Greetings all. I'm JGR (Jonathan), a 19 year-old student currently in the first year of an engineering undergraduate degree.
I'm one of the TTDPatch developers (the most recent to join IIRC). These days I do not have much time to develop or play TTDP. (In fact, I haven't done much programming in a fair while, although I am involved in some other projects).
I've added a few miscellaneous and/or advanced-user features to TTDP and done a (very) small amount of GRF work.
I'm also known for having one of the most complicated/busy game networks (bar Rob) around </vanity> ;)
Feel free to get in touch if you have in issue/question/philosophical debate/whatever...
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

Well, I am Bob.

Ok, not really, I am Daan Timmer. I run my own websites(see link in sig) but I am quite busy with other things atm.
I am a Junior PHP Programmer in the company where I work. Though the Junior only means that well, I am somewhat lower in the ranks. Basicly I am the >only< one who can somewhat program *the right way* with PHP. The other two blokes that program are just, *lets grab a book that says LAERN PHP IN 4MINOTESS* (pun intended).

I do hope to get an other job soon though as I am ALMOST (yay) finished with college/school/whateveryouwannacallit (Bachelor degree)
Only have one more thing to do for school.

In my spare time I play games (EVE-online, used to play WoW) and basicly I try out anything that is a new game and is *supposed to be promising* Though. I stop playing most of them after 10minutes 'cause the bore the hell out of me. Nothing as good as good old C&C and TotalA -.o.
Also in my sparetime I work with electronics. I am busy making my own lichtbak, or loosely translated to english *light box*. So I will be able to produce my own PCB's (Printed Circuit Boards) I now have to do that at school and traveling a total of 1.5hour for 'bout 45minutes of work is just annoying :P And it is basicly not allowed either -.o
I am also busy desiging a remote controller and receiver to make my own custom robots with either Lego or other materials. I've recently gotten two quite nice (small) electro motors that are quite strong and they will be providing the horsepower for my own remote controlled lego car (with that same remote/receiver).

The remote will also be featuring a USB port so that I can hook it up to a computer and it will then function as a gamecontroller/joystick (not sure yet)

I used to play TTDPatch on my very old 166mhz laptop but I don't play it anymore.

Well, that was me -.o

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Alrighty then, my actual name is Benjamin Griffin.

I live in Peterborough in the United Kingdom, not Canada. For those who don't know where Peterborough is and have never been there consider yourself lucky.

During term time however I live in Liverpool where I attend the University of Liverpool. As you can see in my signature I have not updated it in a while as it should read Day 171. I started University doing Egyptology however at the beginning of semester two I transfered to Egyptian Archaeology.
After University the plan is that I'll join Merseyside Police and do my two years probation with them. Hopefully after that I can transfer to the British Transport Police, London Underground division.

I got into Transport Tycoon in 2005 when I joined the forums. My current Openttd game started on the 24th January 2008 and is still going. I don't get a lot of time to play regularly anymore.

I drink far too much Dr. Pepper, more than is healthy, my friends call it any addiction.. I don't. I was teetotal before University.
Last edited by Griff on 05 Mar 2010 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Hi there,

My Name is Toni Helm, 23 years old a.t.m. and living in Bonn, Germany for about 2.5 years now. I actually am from the Netherlands, thus will sometimes lead to confusions. I study Asian Sciences at Bonn University with Japanese and Japanese society as my main subject. After my study I want to return to the Netherlands and join up with some good friends and get creative at our studio.

I don't post as much as others and am not as reliable as might seem. I have drawn quite some graphics for the Japan Train Set and searched for correct data on almost all Japanese trains for the set as no-one else could understand Japanese on the team. It was really fun doing it and helped to improve my language skills a lot.

I haven't been playing for quite some time now as I'm waiting for a stable version of a cargo destination/distribution patch. In the meantime I draw freelance manga, produce music (maybe soon as a paid amateur soon), like to drink beer and cook. Ah, yes. I also am planning a model train layout where I try to display a fictive Japanese private company.

Well. That's all there is to say now.

Cheers!
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Vemarkis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vemarkis »

I am Vanessa. I got into Transport Tycoon right when it was released, at 1994, and have been a fan ever since.

I'll turn 20 August this year. I live in Finland, Helsinki to be more precise. I've studied Logistics & Driving at Vocational School, and currently I'm employed as a secondary driver on a furniture delivery business...well, this company does deliver more than just furniture, like mail since the company is a subcontractor of Itella Logistics which is Finlands national postal service. I've driven anything from smallest commercial vehicles to the bigger trucks.

I've also been active on the modding front. I was one of the developers on Freespace: A New Age total conversion for Homeworld 2, I have personally developed multiple modifications for Aliens Versus Predator 2 under many nicknames, and I've also beta-tested numerous. Such as X-Coop, AJL Mod. I also used to be a beta-tester of Troopers: Dawn of Destiny total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004. I've done numerous contributions to countless mods for many games ranging from sound work to 3d models. I used to lead a project for Transport Tycoon Deluxe, the Finnish Train Set which is now led by DanMacK. I've done some work on Locomotion mods too. I've also beta-tested many games, like World of Warcraft + Burning Crusade expansion, EVE Online, and Earth & Beyond.

I have interests in science fiction, and fantasy somewhat. I like Stargate SG-1/Atlantis + the movies, Babylon 5, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles + Terminator in general, Star Wars, Hex, Sanctuary, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. I'm looking to re-educate myself in the near future, possibly going to get a degree in computer sciences, or wait a few years and get a license to drive buses instead.
Last edited by Vemarkis on 09 Mar 2010 23:57, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”