Can you outsmart the AIs? AI test scenarios

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Zutty
Director
Director

Re: Can you outsmart the AIs? AI test scenarios

Post by Zutty »

If Convoy manages it then most AIs should too as Convoy uses the library pathfinder. PathZilla also works reasonably well in your scenario, and I think NoCAB, Admiral, Paxlink, etc... would work perfectly well if they only tried to use road vehicles.
PathZilla - A networking AI - Now with tram support.
defaultluser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by defaultluser »

fanioz wrote:First time I made this scenario is to test how Ai path finding work. In the hope that no one can servicing town or industry except human player. But I'm failed, because convoy does good job:). And NoCab does terraforming to build airport and build road on coast. Although it is unprofitable much.
Defaultuser, is it reasonable for ai to build depot along route? Imo, (and is implemented by fanai, which is build depot near source and destination) giving the vehicles an explicit goto depot order would prevent them search other depot. (Still needed to be proven:)) anyway thanks all for the feedback.
Hope to find an other test scenario. ;)
Yes, I would say estimate the distance your road vehicles can travel with a %10 drop in reliability, and space depots at these intervals. Make the servicing mandatory.

Thus, you get road vehicles with reduced breakdowns, and they don't get near the halfway point and turn-around because they hit 150 days since last service. Road vehicles are too slow to be doing such things and still remain profitable.

Of course, if that's too hard, you can just build one depot at each end, and force each vehicle to get repaired after it gets/drops cargo. Then set the vehicle's service interval to something impossibly large (max is 800). Yeah, your vehicles break down a little more, but they pass this scenario, and will be even more efficient in simpler scenarios.
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

defaultluser wrote: Yes, I would say estimate the distance your road vehicles can travel with a %10 drop in reliability, and space depots at these intervals. Make the servicing mandatory.

Thus, you get road vehicles with reduced breakdowns, and they don't get near the halfway point and turn-around because they hit 150 days since last service. Road vehicles are too slow to be doing such things and still remain profitable.

Of course, if that's too hard, you can just build one depot at each end, and force each vehicle to get repaired after it gets/drops cargo. Then set the vehicle's service interval to something impossibly large (max is 800). Yeah, your vehicles break down a little more, but they pass this scenario, and will be even more efficient in simpler scenarios.
Nice idea :wink: , but ... yes thank you for your idea :D
Zutty wrote:If Convoy manages it then most AIs should too as Convoy uses the library pathfinder. PathZilla also works reasonably well in your scenario, and I think NoCAB, Admiral, Paxlink, etc... would work perfectly well if they only tried to use road vehicles.
Yes, you are right. But I beleive, every AI writers "customize" their path finding, therefore we may seen one can build fast, one can build realistic, etc.. and maybe one can't build something because out of limit (max.length, max.cost,...) . CMIIW
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English was bad :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”