FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ignasigh
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development

Post by ignasigh »

Good work on creating this Set!

I would like to ask whether you are considering that the Fishing Grounds' industry would be added in the "In a hot country" option. I feel the sea is "under-used" if we don't have that industry.

Thanks!
Kresselack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kresselack »

hello there,
I use the 4.10 Version of FIRS 4 , but there is a building missing on hot country : the quarry that produce Stone & Clay ( no one can build it with the scénario éditor or ingame but if you create a new game some will spawn by itself with terrain generation )
without it , it is hard to produce good via glass work and building materials from cementry also
will you fix that in a future version ?

i really appreciate the mod , but sometimes the french translation is really bad or not here if you want me to help in juste message me i'll translate all the industries myself and station names correctly :)
Si c'est le mal que vous cherchez , n'allez pas plus loin. Je suis là !
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Hi guys,
Thanks for the fantastic work over the years creating this set - I LOVE it. :bow:
I've found what I think is a minor bug.
If two industries requiring Engineering Supplies (eg. a copper ore mine and a diamond mine) are being serviced by a single station, only one of the industries seems to get the Engineering Supplies to boost its production to enhanced or gung-ho, while the other languishes at normal level.
FIRS multiple industry production boost.png
FIRS multiple industry production boost.png (524.51 KiB) Viewed 4959 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

skc wrote: 17 Sep 2022 02:12 I've found what I think is a minor bug.
Nope, that's normal feature of the stock game. If two industries are in the cachement area of the same station, the station which the game determines is closest gets all the supplies.

Solution #1: Enable cargo distribution in the game settings, cargo/pax/mail will get divided up among industries that are on your connected routes. Andythenorth doesn't suggests enabling cargodist, though. This solution is simple and neat but you may not be satisfied with the results.

Solution #2: Move the station away from the industries to a more "neutral" location, build a truck route between the station and each industry so that supplies are more equally shared. Slightly more work but is reliable.
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

For your solution 1, does that mean setting the 'Distribution mode for...' settings to 'asymmetrical' (they are currently set to 'manual')?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yes, that is correct. I personally prefer enabling asymmetrical for cargoes. Lots of other people do, and lots of other people don't.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Bonjour Kresselack :)
Kresselack wrote: 10 Sep 2022 14:08 there is a building missing on hot country : the quarry that produce Stone & Clay ( no one can build it with the scénario éditor or ingame but if you create a new game some will spawn by itself with terrain generation
The quarry can't be built in desert, but can be built in rainforest (green areas). This was intended, but I can't remember why. I think perhaps the quarry looked strange in desert (because it shows water). :twisted:

I did a test, here's what it looks like if allowed in desert. Maybe FIRS should allow this?

quarry-desert.png
quarry-desert.png (160.54 KiB) Viewed 4778 times
i really appreciate the mod , but sometimes the french translation is really bad or not here if you want me to help in juste message me i'll translate all the industries myself and station names correctly :)
1. make a clone of FIRS
2. translate the .lng file, found at https://github.com/andythenorth/firs/tree/main/src/lang
3. make GitHub pull request, which I can check and merge back into FIRS

If you don't know how to use GitHub, there might be a tutorial for, or maybe someone will explain here :)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

andythenorth wrote: 19 Sep 2022 06:46 The quarry can't be built in desert, but can be built in rainforest (green areas). This was intended, but I can't remember why. I think perhaps the quarry looked strange in desert (because it shows water).
I did a test, here's what it looks like if allowed in desert. Maybe FIRS should allow this?
What if add some water pumps .. they could be part of the quarry or placed somewhere else and have Water as a cargo.
WaterPumps.png
WaterPumps.png (15.11 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
If you want psd format let me know.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Is it possible to change the industry's appearance depending on the surrounding terrain? I think I have seen somebody repaint the Quarry, but with a dry bottom. Maybe it was the Wasteland add-on. Perhaps you could take that version and use it in the deserts, while keeping the normal pit for other terrains.
eszeikial
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eszeikial »

Hi! I love this mod but I have a request, allows hotels to be turned off in the parameters.
I find hotels to be overpowered, and so does the AI. Many different AI will simply build connections between hotels.
I think its also weird how they "Supply" passengers as well as accept them, often many more than a large city at the start of the game.
TY for your consideration
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Why do I have a mini version of every factory?
Attachments
Allan & Co., 2. úno 1888.png
(1.26 MiB) Not downloaded yet
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

They are industry outposts, which add a bit of visual decoration and also give you more tiles for station coverage, for those multi-input and -output stations. (Source: Lots of discussion on the OpenTTD Discord server.)
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I told andy to do it just because it looks cool
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
mmtunligit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mmtunligit »

I'm playing a scenario with FIRS 3.0.12, and am trying to plan out my cargo network, ensuring everything gets adequate supplies, and I was wondering how the cargo generation worked. I looked into it, but couldn't figure out exactly what the rates would be, and if the cargo generation can upgrade the way it does in vanilla, with the enchanced/gung-ho production being bonuses on top of that. I was wondering if someone could supply me with the formulas used to calculate production (debug for one industry says last month's production was 56, but the industry panel says that one was 62, and i can't seem to figure out where the discrepancy comes from), and how much production increases when/if industries upgrade.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

FIRS industries don't change production, except via the enhanced/gung-ho mechanism. The initial level varies somewhat, but I believe it's just random and then remains fixed during the rest of the game.

The occasional discrepancy between production numbers is often due to some months having 8 production ticks and others 9 (just because of how ticks don't match up to months), or it could be due to FIRS not really using vanilla production mechanics so the game doesn't always understand what's going on (for example, the production level cheat doesn't work).
Rapha_339
Engineer
Engineer

FIRS industry's Fishing Grounds should accept farming supplies

Post by Rapha_339 »

Fishing Grounds need an update to increase production
AlphaCentauriBear
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlphaCentauriBear »

Great mod. Thank you, authors!

One question. What is the point of industries producing passengers (hotel) when towns are producing and consuming passengers for free?
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

More passengers. It doesn't cost you anything to transport them, you just make more money.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

AlphaCentauriBear wrote: 18 Jan 2024 20:13 Great mod. Thank you, authors!

One question. What is the point of industries producing passengers (hotel) when towns are producing and consuming passengers for free?
Another point is getting a nice start for a small town, normally it doesn't gives much pax (think sub 500 town), with a Hotel things get a good start. After it grows it's just another bonus.

Return to “Graphics Development”