TTD - The Timeline

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
Paranoid Android
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: lo:kay:shun - The site and/or situation of a settlement

TTD - The Timeline

Post by Paranoid Android »

1950-ish - Local authorities decide that walking is no longer an option and a thing called 'transport' is invented. Temperate Land discovers that by melting iron with carbon and a few other things you get steel. No-one else realises it, having totally by-passed the Industrial Revolution.

1952 - Toyland builds up a monopoly on the sweet industry, and buys Mayfair and Pall Mall. All other climates have to go straight to jail and not collect £200. Or something.

1966 - First train finally reaches its destination.

1975 - Earliest recorded dates of Tomberian transport systems.

1977 - Simultaneously, in Tundra and Tropical Land, the Turner Turbo is invented. In retrospect, it's crap, but everyone buys them anyway.

1992/1995 - TIM and Asiastar trains invented, blatant rip-offs of TGV and Eurostar respectively.

1998 - The monorail is invented. Presumably, the lack of the hindrance of a second rail allows trains to go bloody fast.

2001 - A plane that looks like a pair of geodesic knockers is invented. The world loses its grip on reality.

2002 - Another monorail invented. Two ends, same decor as the passenger cars. Fantastically swish and damn quick.

2023 - Maglev invented. Despite looking like something out of Star Trek, it is, at this stage, a lot more expensive and moderately faster than the monorail. Looks ace.

2038 - 'That train' from the title screen - the Lev 4 Leviathan. Goes like the clappers, outrunning the ground speed of the early planes. 400mph.

2042 - By this stage you get bored and try to use trains to sabotage opposing bus routes.

2050 - The World ends. People die. The Apocalypse happens. Mewling, puking babies mewl and puke. Everyone generally makes a panic.

2051 - Transport Tycoon 2 released.
r is a c***

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
RIP THE BETA BAND 1997-2004
Transport Empire's music-er.

So now I've closed my eyes, closing seconds of our time

My music
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

199X - (Year when TTDPatch was avabile) people lives was better than beofre ... trains and planes were faster, some new phisic law were applied and mysteriously some people get huge amounts of money and suddenly they lost everything and get very,very huge overdraft

(nice idea)
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Ah, we've missed you, Tombe. ;)
Paranoid Android
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: lo:kay:shun - The site and/or situation of a settlement

Post by Paranoid Android »

It'll probably end up as another temporary drop-in, but who knows.
r is a c***

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
RIP THE BETA BAND 1997-2004
Transport Empire's music-er.

So now I've closed my eyes, closing seconds of our time

My music
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

orudge wrote:Ah, we've missed you, Tombe. ;)
No kidding. Things like this make you a pleasure to have on the forums. Hope to hear more great things from you. :P
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

2 months :shock:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”