Graphic errors when trams are enabled

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Crackzlover
Engineer
Engineer

Graphic errors when trams are enabled

Post by Crackzlover »

Dear all,

I am currently using nightly build r2045. I have never tried to enable the tram function before thus I don't know whether it is a problem with the newest nightly or my settings (Too many GRF files? Wrong settings?).
I have attached some screenshots. There are of course a lot more graphic errors than in the screenshots, e.g. houses are built on streets or tram stations.
Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? The graphic problems disappear as soon as I disable the tram switch.
I've also attached my cfg files.

regards and thanks for any help in advance!

Crackzlover
Attachments
Screenshot #1: Really strange airport
Screenshot #1: Really strange airport
SCR1.png (54.5 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
Screenshot #2: MagLev is exchanged with rail road track
Screenshot #2: MagLev is exchanged with rail road track
SCR2.png (100.07 KiB) Viewed 4420 times
ttdpatch_newgrf.zip
My configurations
(11.41 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Graphic errors when trams are enabled

Post by Lakie »

Have you tried playing it with all grfs (apart from ttdpbase.grf) removed / off?
Can't say I've ever seen that happen before to be honest, I'll take a look at it around my study time.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Crackzlover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crackzlover »

Dear Lakie,

Thanks for your reply. I have just tried to start the game without any GRF files (apart from ttdpbasew.grf) but the problem is still there.
Maybe an additional detail: Just after I have loaded a game, the airports are fine. But the airport graphic gets weird after a short period. Regarding the exchanged platforms (MagLev -> Rail road track): When I build a new rail station, ALL the tracks/stations get fixed (converted back to MagLev) somehow...???

Disabling the tram function solves the problem for me currently but still it is a really strange behavior...

regards
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

With airports, you get graphical issues because you have newAirports on (but I assume not its dependancies).
You can turn newAirports off, or you can try turning on newstations.

Don't get the maglev stations issue though.

[Edit] Why do you have newstations off, when you clearly have a newstations grf in your active grf list?

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Lakie wrote:With airports, you get graphical issues because you have newAirports on (but I assume not its dependancies).
Please either break the dependency/ies or enforce it/them. The former modifies the appropriate procs files and the latter adds a couple lines somewhere around switches.c:1100.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Crackzlover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crackzlover »

Hi Lakie,

I guess I tried once something with this new station graphic but actually I don't need it anymore. OK what I did now:
- Deleted the newstatsw.grf line in my graphic config
- Turned newstations ON
- Left newairports ON

--> It seems to work now :D graphics look fine even after several minutes in game.

Thank you very much for your hint
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Lakie wrote: Why do you have newstations off, when you clearly have a newstations grf in your active grf list?
Crackzlover wrote: OK what I did now:
- Deleted the newstatsw.grf line in my graphic config
- Turned newstations ON
You seem to misunderstand. newstatsw.grf is a .grf containing stations and needs the Patch switch newstations set to "on" if being used. I.e., it makes no sense to have that switch set to "off" and include a station .grf file nor set this switch to "on" and have no station file loaded. If you understand what I mean ...

Else read the manual.

regards
Michael
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

michael blunck wrote:You seem to misunderstand. newstatsw.grf is a .grf containing stations and needs the Patch switch newstations set to "on" if being used. I.e., it makes no sense to have that switch set to "off" and include a station .grf file nor set this switch to "on" and have no station file loaded. If you understand what I mean ...

Else read the manual.
I which case why doesn't your grf code check if newstations is off, it was still loading when I had newstations off.
Don't blame the user for not noticing if you don't bother to add the nessary grf checks yourself.
DaleStan wrote:Please either break the dependency/ies or enforce it/them. The former modifies the appropriate procs files and the latter adds a couple lines somewhere around switches.c:1100.
I would look at it / do that, but currently I have no tools installed around TTDPatch thanks to a reload and a heap of study work to do.

~ Lakie
Crackzlover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crackzlover »

Dear Michael

No I did get that right. Of course I agree with you that it may not make sense to switch newstations ON without loading a corresponding GRF file. But it solves my problem for now thus I don't care. And if I load my newstations GRF (newstatsw.grf) nothing changes in game. I think that is also the reason why it was still loaded in my config. I tried this GRF file out once but it did not work for me and I just forgot to delete it. (I think it is intended for OpenTTD).

Actually I first switched on newstations and the problem with my graphics has gone. Then I deleted the newstatsw.grf line and nothing changed in game.

But thank you anyway :-)
Last edited by Crackzlover on 05 Oct 2008 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Crackzlover wrote:Dear Michael

No I did get that right. Of course I agree with you that it may not make sense to switch newstations ON without loading a corresponding GRF file. But it solves my problem for now thus I don't care. And if I load my newstations GRF (newstatsw.grf) nothing changes in game I think that is also the reason why it was still loaded in my config. I tried this GRF file out once but it did not work for me and I just forgot to delete it. (I think it ist intended for OpenTTD).

Actually I first switched on newstations and it the problem with my graphics has gone. Then I deleted the newstatsw.grf line and nothing changed in game. --> "Why shall I load newstatsw.grf despite the fact that nothing changes in game?"

But thank you anyway :-)
You don't quite understand how it works I guess.
On the build station gui you should have two drop downs, the top one is class and the second is station type.
Try exploring with those and then see if there is no difference!

If you don't see them, make sure you have enhancegui on.

~ Lakie
Crackzlover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crackzlover »

Sorry, sorry, yes you are both right, I have not noticed the drop down menu so far :oops:

I see I have to explore and learn a lot new functions 8) I haven't played the game for quite a while now
Last edited by Crackzlover on 05 Oct 2008 19:08, edited 2 times in total.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Lakie wrote: I which case why doesn't your grf code check if newstations is off, it was still loading when I had newstations off.
Well, firstly, that particular version of NewStations is quite old. I guess, it´s from a time when checking patch settings was not possible or at least "uncommon". In any way, loading a .grf shouldn´t destabilise TTDPatch, even if a particular switch hadn´t been set appropriately.
Don't blame the user for not noticing if you don't bother to add the nessary grf checks yourself.
I didn´t blame the user. I just pointed out that a certain setting of switches and corresponding entries in ttdpatch.cfg should match. In addition, I provided a link to the TTDPatch manual.

HTH

regards
Michael
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Lakie wrote:
DaleStan wrote:Please either break the dependency/ies or enforce it/them. The former modifies the appropriate procs files and the latter adds a couple lines somewhere around switches.c:1100.
I would look at it / do that, but currently I have no tools installed around TTDPatch thanks to a reload and a heap of study work to do.
If the only dependency is newstations, I think that is a reasonable dependency, and can do that relatively quickly. Any ideas what other dependencies there might be, and how I should check for them?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”