Resolution Problem

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Xaxa
Engineer
Engineer

Resolution Problem

Post by Xaxa »

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I'll keep it short though since it hasn't got anything to do with TTD. My user name is Xaxa, which ISN'T completely random. Secondly, I'm yet another TTD fan (I have had the original TTD on CD somewhere but unfortunately I lost it) finding its way to this forum. Thirdly, I'm Dutch as well and 16 years old. I'm from Zaanstad.
Oh, forgive me when I'm posting at the wrong places or that I'm posting things already answered, this is the biggest forum I've ever joined and the search engine finds stuff (whatever strings I try) that have nothing to do with my question.

Now to-the-point. I've had TTD now for a couple of months and I really enjoy it. But then I found out about Open TTD and decided I would like to try that out as well. Now I don't really see any problems with that, but apparently the both programs don't agree.
Anyway, you have this option to make change the in-game resolution to your computer configurations. Meaning that my TTD (Using TTD Patch) had a resolution of 1200x800 (that's possible right? Else way it would've been 1024x768). This changed though when I was done installing OpenTTD. I don't know how it happened, but now my resolution with OpenTTD is fine, but at TTD (using TTD Patch) it's the basix 640x... again! And that makes it quite ugly.
I've had this for awhile now, but I figured that now I've joined, I could be asking this. I'm looking forward to my stay! :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Resolution Problem

Post by ISA »

Hello and welcome to the forums!
I think Your problem is in file whats called ttdpatch.cfg in Your TTDPatch main folder! Open it with notepad an there is punch of "switches" about this game! Find two rows whats called resolutionheight and resolutionwidth! Add them Your desired resolution and it would work well!
Xaxa
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Resolution Problem

Post by Xaxa »

Aha thank you very much :) I don't know why all of a sudden I have to put the resolutions there, but it worked :)

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”