competitors tjip challenge

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Misha
Engineer
Engineer

competitors tjip challenge

Post by Misha »

I am curious who compete in the tjip challenge. I saw wilco_moerman and michiel have written that they compete, but I guess there are more competitors here.

Anyway, I will also write an AI for the tjip challenge and release it after the finals. :)
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: competitors tjip challenge

Post by Zhall »

Can we get some links?
Michiel
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Michiel »

*waves*

Good luck everyone, see you on the 20th!
Maninthebox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maninthebox »

*more waving*

And we were thinking about releasing it after the challenge as well and have it compete in the tournament here of course :)

@sapphire: link to challenge (warning: dutch)
Zutty
Director
Director

Post by Zutty »

WOAH! Is there a €2,500 prize??! :shock: Nice! Now I wish I was Dutch! :D

Good luck guys. Not long left now. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
PathZilla - A networking AI - Now with tram support.
wilco_moerman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wilco_moerman »

Zutty wrote:WOAH! Is there a €2,500 prize??! :shock: Nice! Now I wish I was Dutch! :D
but if you consider the time it takes to write a good AI, it is far more efficient to just take a job :)
Good luck guys. Not long left now. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
I took my own advice (about taking a job :) I'm a PhD student now, finally getting payed for studying and doing research! :D ) so I have little time right now :( Hopefully I can get my AI ready for the tournament, but if not, it still contains some interesting pieces of code, so I'll publish it after the tournament anyway.
Nunc dimittis servum tuum Domine secundum verbum tuum in pace
kuifware
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kuifware »

I'm also participating in the contest and will also release my AI afterwards. Good luck everyone!
wilco_moerman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wilco_moerman »

I am afraid I'll probably not be able to join the tjip challenge. The last few weeks I've been plagued by severe headaches and some sort of insomnia and I can't get my head to think clearly and logically -- or at least not enough to be able to program AI's :cry: :? :(

It might be that this week will finally be better, but I am afraid not. Maybe I'll still get the time to put my AI together, but for now it is only a mess of useful methods and ideas. Too bad because I had created a pathfinder that could do its job much faster than the library-pathfinder.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

wilco_moerman wrote:I am afraid I'll probably not be able to join the tjip challenge. The last few weeks I've been plagued by severe headaches and some sort of insomnia and I can't get my head to think clearly and logically -- or at least not enough to be able to program AI's :cry: :? :(

It might be that this week will finally be better, but I am afraid not. Maybe I'll still get the time to put my AI together, but for now it is only a mess of useful methods and ideas. Too bad because I had created a pathfinder that could do its job much faster than the library-pathfinder.
I hope you get better soon ...
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Michiel
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Michiel »

Wow, that sucks... Hope you get well soon!
Misha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Misha »

wilco_moerman wrote:It might be that this week will finally be better, but I am afraid not. Maybe I'll still get the time to put my AI together, but for now it is only a mess of useful methods and ideas. Too bad because I had created a pathfinder that could do its job much faster than the library-pathfinder.
Too bad, I hope you can recover quickly.
From the forum posts I got the impression your AI was finished and you only had to tweak it a bit. Apparently not... But still, I have only useful ideas instead of useful methods, the only transport line I have created so far was a hardcoded one. :roll: Given there is 1 week left, I think I have to make my AI more simple than in my initial plans.

I like to see your pathfinder. I think I will use the library one.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

wilco_moerman wrote:I am afraid I'll probably not be able to join the tjip challenge. The last few weeks I've been plagued by severe headaches and some sort of insomnia and I can't get my head to think clearly and logically -- or at least not enough to be able to program AI's :cry: :? :(
I hope you get better soon.
I am very interested in this, so I hope you'll release the code (complete AI or only improved pathfinder) after the contest.
wilco_moerman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wilco_moerman »

Yexo wrote: I hope you get better soon.
me too
I am very interested in this, so I hope you'll release the code (complete AI or only improved pathfinder) after the contest.
note that my pathfinder does not nescesarily finds the optimum (the shortest path) but it finds a very short path faster than the librarypathfinder finds the optimum. A trade-off between speed and accuracy.

I'll probably release my code after the competition, or discuss the idea that I used (or both).
wilco_moerman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wilco_moerman »

Misha wrote:From the forum posts I got the impression your AI was finished and you only had to tweak it a bit. (..)
no, it'll be a bit more work than that, I'm afraid.
Trucker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trucker »

I'll be joining too, but my AI is still some way from perfection..
Misha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Misha »

I have posted my AI, who's next?

Maybe you have already modified your AI, but please post the code as it was in the tjip-challenge. I like to watch what actually happened and what tactics were used. And I want to play a head-to-head-game against the winners. I think NAAI can beat them. :) BTW, I still don't know who on the forums are the winners.
Maninthebox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maninthebox »

Michiel and myself :) The other 2 teammates don't have an account here. And we will make a nice post with code, background and findings etc, but as we are all back to work and there's some girls that want attention again now that we've finished and won, this might take a few days :) I'll probably post our training AI's here today as there's less to tell about them, they're pretty clean and straigtforward. But: as Truebrain can testify: our passenger training AI can beat convoy in a head to head game :)
kuifware
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kuifware »

I will post my AI (YATTAI) somewhere this week.
wilco_moerman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wilco_moerman »

I'll first clean my code a bit before I post it. Might take some time because I'm very busy right now.

I'm also going to try to implement my more speculative idea of using neural networks and an evolutionary algorithm for tuning the parameters. I wanted to do this for the contest, but didn't have enough time :(
Corniel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Corniel »

See my report http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 60#p731160 (hopefully they will move it now)

Code: Select all

while(Me.Alive()){
    Me.KickAss();
    try{
        Me.LearnLanguage(Language.EN);
        Me.dyslectic = false;
    }
    catch{ /*nice try :( */}
}

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”