All RV Bridges are MagLev (TTDPatch 2.6 alpha 0 r1986)

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

All RV Bridges are MagLev (TTDPatch 2.6 alpha 0 r1986)

Post by SkeedR »

Attached is my Savegame/Config/NewGRF.
All my Road Bridges are built with Maglec track. Please say if you would like/need a screenie.
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(477 Bytes) Downloaded 183 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(37.14 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
TRP37.SV1
(262.9 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Last known as: Weirdy
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: All RV Bridges are MagLev (TTDPatch 2.6 alpha 0 r1986)

Post by eis_os »

At least road bridges work again, trams seems to have some problems...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

I've got a similar problem: I just found out I couldn't built any road bridges anymore - they turn into maglev, or somtimes rail bridges. It doesn't make a difference if I start a new game; I also tried renewing the OVL but that didn't help. This is a new problem: in the beginning of the game it was no problem; probably it started with the introduction of maglev?

The strange thing, like I already said, is that road bridges turn into rail/maglev bridges even in a new game.

(I also use r1986)

EDIT: I didn't read the last post carefully, does the reply of Eis_os mean I have to download a new nightly?
Attachments
grfdebug.txt
(6.64 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
TRP04.SV1
(421.97 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(38.36 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

1) ALWAYS download the latest nightly first.
2) Do the bridges behave like rail bridges, or just look like rail bridges? (Can trains drive over them? What does the the query tool say?)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

1) I DID download the latest nightly last week, but only when r1986 was the latest, and it did work fine until today (no offence ;))
2) As you can see in the added screenshot, the query land block tool says 'rail bridge'. Neither trains (maglev, or normal trains) nor road vehicles can cross this bridge. Also, note the 'wrong' style of the entrance ramp, this is red where it should have been grey like the rest of the bridge. The bridgehead on the other side shows a junction I didn't create.
Attachments
road-maglev-bridge.png
road-maglev-bridge.png (28.67 KiB) Viewed 4811 times
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I believe like Oskar (eis_os) said, it had been solved for normal road bridges, please update to revision 1987 or newer.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/latest/changes.log ->r1987

The junction creation is odd, hmm
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

Hello, I need a little help with a problem slightly related.

In r1975 some of the EMUs/DMUs first cars get a huge capacity (24 986 passengers). I noticed it with the VT-08 of DBSetXL, but I have seen another report of this bug with the 2cc set as well (on the 45th page of its topic in the graphics section). Has this been fixed since then? (I can't seem to find the changelog for the 1975-1985 interval.) And if yes is there a nightly version where this bug is not present anymore but neither is the road (or tram) bridge bug?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Edit: Does the fix in r1985 cover this? And is it free of the road bridge bug?

(r1985, minime: Call CB36 to update property 14 of trains more frequently (as part of consist callbacks update). If the callback fails don't change anything. This means that the callback runs after refit and after purchase when the vehicle structure exists and can set the capacities of individual parts of articulated vehicles correctly. This should make the behaviour (at least from the point of GRF) more consistent with OTTD as well.)
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Please don't jump around in the timeline, the bridge problem started in r1986 and should be fixed since r1987. And note, the tram bridge code was broken before too, so it works in my test the same as the versions before... If not, fill a bug report ...

The Callback may help, but without a proper bug report grf (a simple grf showing the problem) the problem may still be somewhere in the code. It could be a broken grf too.

A general note: We need more people to test TTDPatch trunk more often and generally identify problems more directly
Otherwise a developer or a player have to try to find the change that reproduce the problem -> not a nice job really.

Timeline can be found here:
http://svn.ttdpatch.net/

Old versions are here:
http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

eis_os wrote:Please don't jump around in the timeline, the bridge problem started in r1986 and should be fixed since r1987. And note, the tram bridge code was broken before too, so it works in my test the same as the versions before... If not, fill a bug report ...
Sorry, I thought that tram bridges had this same turning into maglev thing. With r1975 all I noticed is that there are some minor graphical glitches with some of them. (Most notably with Pikka's viaduct.) Though I'm only in 1954 with my current game. Will there be greater problems later on?
The Callback may help, but without a proper bug report grf (a simple grf showing the problem) the problem may still be somewhere in the code. It could be a broken grf too.
So this bug was not reported yet? Sorry, I thought so. If you need it I can give you a savegame and the config files. Or a screenshot. Whatever you need. (Though I don't know what bug report grfs are.) Or should I upgrade to r1987 first and see whether the problem is gone? Btw I don't think that the problem is with the DBSet as someone else had the same problem with the 2cc set.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

trams/bridges: I had graphical glitches before (I used an older nightly version to be sure) so I don't think the building code of newbridges changed this. The drawing code isn't yet touched, so any graphical problems you currently see should be in an older version too, if you get a wrong bridge it's my fault and a bug report is nice, but as I said, I am very confident of that the fixed code works right.

Capacity problems:
It would be good if the author of the 2cc set would reduce the test case. Preferable with a TTDPatch savegame showing the problem. Using nforenum on the source of the grf may a good idea too.

The only problem I found currently is this here:
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-view_trac ... Modif_desc

But it should only double the capacity.
You may want to try a pre r1966 version, it seems to be a change in the capacity... (one month ago)

As usually, make a backup of the savegame, try to reduce the grfs you use...
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

eis_os wrote:Capacity problems:
It would be good if the author of the 2cc set would reduce the test case. Preferable with a TTDPatch savegame showing the problem. Using nforenum on the source of the grf may a good idea too.
Well, I'm just a n00b but I don't think that the problem is with the 2cc set specially. I had the same problem with the DBSetXL. I haven't even downloaded the 2cc set yet. It's also a bit suspicious that I got the exact same wrong capacity (24 986) as the other poster did although using different train sets.

The only problem I found currently is this here:
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-view_trac ... Modif_desc

But it should only double the capacity.
The test version of the German RV set suffers from a similar problem with articulated road vehicles. It's mentioned in their readme.

But back to my real capacity problem. Here is what I can help you out with:
My ttdpatch.cfg, newgrfw.cfg and a save game with r1975. Just build a VT-08 DMU in any of the depots and you'll see the problem!
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(38.46 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
newgrfw.cfg
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
TRT14.SV1
(347.91 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

And I have also started a test game with r1975 with not a single grf except for DBSetXL and its ECS Extension. I have built a VT-08 and a VT-11. Both vehicles suffer from the same problem here as well. The first part has a huge capacity while the second the normal.

(Sorry for the double post, it was needed for the 4th attachment.)

I'll try the newest nightly and one from before r1966 soon to see whether the problem exists in them.

Edit: Sorry, I was using r1966 and not r1975. Anyway I'll start a new thread for this problem.
Attachments
TRT00.SV1
(181.38 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

eis_os wrote:trams/bridges: I had graphical glitches before (I used an older nightly version to be sure) so I don't think the building code of newbridges changed this. The drawing code isn't yet touched, so any graphical problems you currently see should be in an older version too, if you get a wrong bridge it's my fault and a bug report is nice, but as I said, I am very confident of that the fixed code works right.
Is this the graphical glitch, you are referring to? Probably this is the known problem but as I wasn't sure about this I thought it's better to report it anyway. As seen on the first picture tram bridges in the \ direction look fine but ones in the / direction don't display tram tracks in the middle unless I build custom bridgeheads for them. (Like for the upper left bridge.) Trams can still cross though.

The funny thing is that I have a correctly looking (except for a minor glitch*) bridge in the / direction in this game as seen on the 2nd screenshot but that came with the scenario, I just laid tram tracks on it. But I can't get bridges built ingame show tram track in the middle.

I have used r1966, r1963 during this game, and just upgraded to r2043 and the bug was present in all versions. The bridges are from TTRS.

*This one seems to affect only Pikka's brick viaduct but in both directions. (At the bridgeheads the tram track is placed on top of the outer brick wall of the bridge.)
Attachments
Tram bridges.png
Tram bridges.png (265.29 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Tram bridges 2.png
Tram bridges 2.png (54 KiB) Viewed 4347 times

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”