How to install an AI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

vedur
Engineer
Engineer

How to install an AI

Post by vedur »

Im very sorry for this question. I think it has been questioned before. I want to install *****AI but i dont know how. I didnt find any information in the wiki.

Thanks!
If your computer has a problem then its located between the chair and the keyboard. :)
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How to install an AI

Post by GeekToo »

copy the tar to the bin/ai directory ( no need to untar ).
-Start openttd.
-To set up a battle load a scenario, or a new game
-Press the ` key (left of 1), and enter start_ai WrightAI <enter>, start_ai Convoy <enter> (or any ai you want to start)
-Press the ` again to close the console
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

You first need to install a nightly version from NoAI. (see wiki or http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=37956 for more about that.). You then download a tar file with an AI in it (you can find these in this forum). Put the tar file inside the directory bin/ai inside the folder you installed in and you are done.
vedur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vedur »

Thanks!

By the way sorry about the double posting must have been playing with the back button. :rolleyes:
If your computer has a problem then its located between the chair and the keyboard. :)
vedur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vedur »

Downloaded everything and when i want to start openttd.exe it says that my graphics are missing. I put my original graphics from TTD, but it still says:
openttdw.grf is missing or corrupt. The file exist in data and the main folder. ?(
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

vedur wrote:Downloaded everything and when i want to start openttd.exe it says that my graphics are missing. I put my original graphics from TTD, but it still says:
openttdw.grf is missing or corrupt. The file exist in data and the main folder. ?(
Assuming you are using windows you need to download this zip http://nightly.openttd.org/noai/files/O ... 6-noai.zip , extract that zip and put the original graphics in the data folder. Then starting openttd.exe in the extracted directory should work.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”