I was extremely inspired by the large African map and therefore started off creating a map of equal magnitude. The South East Asian map is based on the following data:
1) Height map from Google Earth
2) Cities and Rivers, National Parks and Oil Wells from National Geographic maps
3) Coal and Iron Ore from USGS
4) Oil Refineries from Google Earth
5) Power Plants from Industcards
6) Forest and Farms from FAO (UN) and TREES (c)
7) Saw Mills, Steel Mills and Factories from various other sources
Do enjoy this map as I enjoyed making it.
P.S. Feel free to upload the scenario into wiki. I messed up the wiki the previous time i did it so I'm leaving it here
- SEA screenshot.png
- (31.98 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
- (56.44 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
- South East Asia v1.1.scn
- (2.18 MiB) Downloaded 735 times
After sitting on this for quite a while, here is version 1.1 of South East Asia.
Major changes include:
1) Added more towns
2) Added more landmarks (lakes, etc)
3) Balanced Oil producing industries to make it more advantages to build Oil networks
Do let me know if there are any feedback so that I can improve on this.
P.S. Just for the counter, v1.0 was downloaded 183 times before v1.1 was uploaded.
Try my scenario (in my signature) for a game with more cities (and no bridges on the sea )leonard1369 wrote:This is not exactly my best play but shows how much potential there is in a extra large map
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests