Gonozal_VIII patchpack r12180

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Gonozal_VIII patchpack r12134

Post by PhilSophus »

Gonozal_VIII wrote:savegame compatibility: i didn't know much about that until yesterday, but it should work much better from now on (able to load trunk, beta and older games, possibly not earlier versions of my patchpack)
If I'm not mistaken and understand the savegame handling correctly, it is actually impossible to keep the patch save-game compatible with current and previous trunk and previous patch versions at the same time.
"The bigger the island of our knowledge, the longer the shore of our ignorance" - John A. Wheeler, Physicist, 1911-2008
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

PhilSophus wrote:
Gonozal_VIII wrote:savegame compatibility: i didn't know much about that until yesterday, but it should work much better from now on (able to load trunk, beta and older games, possibly not earlier versions of my patchpack)
If I'm not mistaken and understand the savegame handling correctly, it is actually impossible to keep the patch save-game compatible with current and previous trunk and previous patch versions at the same time.
That's true. Id might be possible with a lot of effort, but that's definitely not worth it. Most simple is to keep it compatible with trunk/older builds and leave older versions for what they are.
Kamerat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamerat »

When a road vehicle tries to cross a rail track the game crashes and I get this message:

Code: Select all

openttd: /home/xxx/trunk/src/road_map.h:162: DisallowedRoadDirections GetDisallowedRoadDirections(TileIndex): Assertion `GetRoadTileType(t) == ROAD_TILE_NORMAL' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
Happens with all versions of the patchpack I have tested (r12096, r12106 and r12134).
Kamerat on EFnet
satosphere
Engineer
Engineer

Post by satosphere »

Yes - I have had that happening.
I changed all my level crossings to bridges after that. It seems to be because of the level crossing road type being different.
Talent does what it can.
Genius What it must
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Gonozal_VIII patchpack r12141

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

new version up, newgrf should work correctly again, game shouldn't crash anymore with rvs on rail crossings and if you select timetable in days you get timetable in days, no matter what daylength (lots of travel for 0 days, stop for 0 days and so on with higher daylength... use ticks ;-))
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Yexo wrote:
PhilSophus wrote:
That's true. Id might be possible with a lot of effort, but that's definitely not worth it. Most simple is to keep it compatible with trunk/older builds and leave older versions for what they are.
The MiniIN solved that problem by using $NIGHTLY_SAVEGAME_VERSION + 10, and reading versions 1..$NIGHTLY_SAVEGAME_VERSION as nightly saves and $NIGHTLY_SAVEGAME_VERSION + 1 .. $NIGHTLY_SAVEGAME_VERSION + 10 as MiniIN saves.

So old savegames would eventually expire, but not instantly.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

sounds good dalestan, i think i will try that system, thanks :-)
Forked
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Forked »

was sleeping.. but win32 binary compiled now :)

http://www.skagset.no/openttd/r12141.gonozal.win32.rar
Indiana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Indiana »

I have patched and compiled r12141 without problems on my debian box.
But if I start it with -D it starts but stay (and don't accept any commands) after:

Code: Select all

openttd@sv8:~/ottd1$ ~/OTTD-source-nightly-r12141/bin/openttd -D
dbg: [net] [core] starting network...
dbg: [net] [core] network online, multiplayer available
dbg: [net] Detected broadcast addresses:
dbg: [net] 0) 192.168.0.255
dbg: [net] 1) 192.168.246.71
dbg: [net] 2) 192.168.246.71
dbg: [net] 3) 192.168.246.71
dbg: [net] 4) 192.168.246.71
dbg: [net] 5) 192.168.246.71
Of cause I have tested the nighlty r12141 without patch wich works great.
Have a N.I.C.E. day!
Indiana
tijnttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tijnttd »

Soo a question:
I copied the patchpack bin over the latest beta 3, and now I get the message: error in array "diff_custom".
Saw it before here in the posts, but in my case it doesnt seem to be solving the problem itself.
Am I missing something?
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

what do you mean with not solving itself? the game doesn't work? you can't save custom difficulty settings?
tijnttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tijnttd »

The game starts, and all I get is that error message plus a white screen, and a verrrrryyyyyyy slow computer ;)
So I dont know what the problem exactly is...
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

could be completely unrelated to that error message, white screen? everything white?
tijnttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tijnttd »

Just OTTD. Has it something to do with copypaste.grf
Cause I just renamed the copypaste_grf_v7.7z file I downloaded from youre first post!
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

ouch... thats should be unpacked... 7zip is a packing program like winzip and winrar... http://sevenzip.sourceforge.net/
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
tijnttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tijnttd »

Haha indeed, ouch! That solves the problem instantly.

Thanks a lot!!!!
Indiana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Indiana »

Have somebody got it running on Linux?
Have a N.I.C.E. day!
Indiana
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

r12106 runs flawless on my Ubuntu-machine, but I haven't got 12141 up yet. Will do that somewhere this weekend (just need something to transfer data between my PC and my Parents', for I don't have Internet on my PC). Just have to download the Patches-file, apply it to the source, and make the Bundle.

For those Linux-I386-users: I'll start building the Linux-binaries for those who are interested, if you allow that, Gonozal.

r12141-Linux-bundle will be released here then. Just be advised, that I change the Revision when ./configure-ing. It'll be r12141-Gonozal or so, so there will be no way to connect to servers not using this build, which are incompatible with those builds using these patches... Also, other Rev-numbers will be possible, when necessary. Just let me know what you want, Gonozal.
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

of course i have nothing against you releasing linux binaries with my patchpack, it's good if people can use it more easily and also it's all open source ;-) i will put the link to your build in the first post then too. about the revision number change... i don't think it really matters, as long as it's not just the same number as trunk binaries... multiplayer with trunk wouldn't work...
Indiana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Indiana »

Paffy Duck, the important thing is that the win32 binary should be able to play with your linux binary.
Have a N.I.C.E. day!
Indiana

Return to “OpenTTD Development”