S60v3 port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Re: S60v3 port

Post by wolf »

New build has been uploaded.

Changes:
- Updated to revision 12583 (includes on screen keyboard).
- Disabled MD5 check of required game files. Startup time is faster now.
- Splash image is shown on game startup.
- SDL has been updated.

Due to SDL upgrade, new SDL sisx needs to be installed. Download from http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian ... 2.2.0.sisx and replace the old version.
TimShi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TimShi »

Hi, wolf:
I am a Chinese student and I like playing OTTD very well. I have a Nokia E50 phone. I think it can support your S60 OTTD. I've got to try copy all the files from the PC Edition to my meromy card, but there's no react when I choose this application.
Could you help me?
:bow: Thanks a lot.

(Maybe there is some mistake in this replay, please forgive me.)
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

E50 has symbian 9.1, so it does support OpenTTD. No visible reaction after selecting the game's icon can be caused by missing libraries. Please check if you have followed the instalation instructions carefully.
Kotkatte
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kotkatte »

Hi. I have Nokia 6120C mobile, and I can run openTTD but i can't change resolution. Only have 240x340 resolution. :( and i dont know, how can i install patches for openTTD. Please somebody help me!!
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Kotkatte wrote:Hi. I have Nokia 6120C mobile, and I can run openTTD but i can't change resolution. Only have 240x340 resolution.
No, you can't. I've made request to S60 SDL port author some time ago for being able to switch between landscape and portrait orientation using standard SDL mechanisms (ie. by changing resolution), but no such feature is available yet.
and i dont know, how can i install patches for openTTD. Please somebody help me!!
Help yourself by reading the topic before asking questions. In short: you don't need to install any patches.
Kotkatte
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kotkatte »

Thanks your help.:P :)
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

New build uploaded.

Changes:
- Updated to revision 12911.
- Nicer looking file system paths ("e:/openttd/save" instead of "e:\openttd\/save/").
- Enabled network support as the problems (crash and blocking) were resolved.
C-Funky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by C-Funky »

hmm, i got the game working on my n95 8gb nd i do use ubuntu 7.10 on my day to day use on the pc, but i don't understand how to apply the patches :/

btw great work, it's really nice, i wish N95 had a better screen resolution like the e70 whould be so much better, nokia are somewhat slacking in some points, also why it took them so long to start working on a touchscreen ui.
:P
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

To apply the patches you need to do the following:

Code: Select all

git clone git://git.openttd.org/svn/trunk.git/ openttd
cd openttd
mkdir patches
cd patches
wget http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian/openttd-s60v3-patches-12911.tar.gz
tar zxvf openttd-s60v3-patches-12911.tar.gz
rm openttd-s60v3-patches-12911.tar.gz
cd ..
cat patches/* | git-am
Keep in mind that:
1. If you don't know what these patches are for, then you don't need them.
2. The most recent patchset doesn't apply cleanly on the current trunk/HEAD/master branch.
3. Even if you manage to obtain correct sources, you still need working symbian toolchain to build the package.
4. The development is done on Linux and I don't care about Windows too much, so you will most certainly run into trouble if you'd try to work on the latter platform.
C-Funky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by C-Funky »

hmm too complicated for now, i'm a bit busy, can you upload an update version in sisx file every now and then? so far you only realesed the first version in sisx. it whould be nice for those who can't patch.
:P
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

The openttd.sisx file is always up-to-date with the latest released patchset. I only announce the patchset download URL on updates, because the binary package URL remains the same. So, if you downloaded the sisx file recently, you already have the latest version :)
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

New build has been uploaded. As always, the address is http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian/openttd.sisx.

Patchset: http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian ... 119.tar.gz

Changes:
- Updated to revision 13119.
- Executable compression has been enabled, resulting in smaller disk space requirements.
- Startup splash should appear faster.
- ZZZ cursor is shown when user selects some of the long, blocking operations (like loading a game).
- SVN revision number is now extracted from git log and shown during installation and in-game.
- Automatic generation of language file list has been implemented, which should resolve problems with obsolete/missing languages.
- Stack size has been reduced, which frees almost 3MB of memory.
- Startup progress bar has been added.
anotherguest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by anotherguest »

I think the S60v3 port looks promising. I have taken the virtual view code from the Gp2X and PocketPC versions and applied to a Symbian SDL backend, so you can toggle between a zoomed out 320x240 viewing the whole VGA screen (good for landscaping) and then you can zoom in and pan around when you want to read menus etc.

So given it works, taking the S60v3 port, and then combining that with this graphics view, it should have everything from both worlds.

I have tried compiling the 0.6.0 version for UIQ3, but it usually crashes in the music handling sometime after the game has just begun. Also I have had it compiling for WINSCW, something you don't do when running in linux.

Now I only have to apply 124 patches in my Windows environment. :-D

Edit:
Hmm Would it be possible to get the patches in any other format than GIT-AM? Or I'll just have to setup a machine running linux to get the correct sources. :-)
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

The patches should be compatible with standard patch utility. There is one (AFAIR) git specific binary patch that creates splash.bmp, but the image can be easily recreated from svg files.
If you want to get unix-like environment on windows, install cygwin. It's certainly easier to just do "for i in patches/* ; do patch -p1 < $i ; done" than to use some GUI patcher on every file ;) Of course you could've just use git then. Unix environment would also be helpful to run scripts generating mmp and pkg files, though these are fairly simple.
anotherguest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by anotherguest »

Good suggestion. I tried Tortoise SVN patch that did not work, so I found a different patch utility which hopefully is more standard. :-)

Nice to see all these improvements a Symbian version, I will build an UIQ version using PIPS and my own SDL version. Hopefully I won't have to patch it to much to get all the controls working. Mouse/Pen support helps control A LOT I think.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

wolf wrote:It's certainly easier to just do "for i in patches/* ; do patch -p1 < $i ; done"
And it's even easier to "cat patches/* | patch -p1".
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
anotherguest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by anotherguest »

Well I got all patches except two in there, so now I compare this and the other version I have been compiling. Reduced stack usage for example, and world creation stack buffer are some really neat features which I guess have been crashing me before. :-)
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

The two patches you are referring to are probably related to static usage in driver.*. It that's true, you can just ignore them, these will be removed from future patchsets.
canseco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by canseco »

Anyone can post timidity.cfg file to make music working on this release?

Thanks
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Try this one: http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb ... xt%2Fplain. Remember to replace /usr/share/GUSpatches with the directory name where you put the patches (e:/openttd/gus for me). This file will probably only work with GUS patches. If you can find some other patches on the net, the appropriate timidity.cfg should be distributed with them.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”