pikkarail industries set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: pikkarail industries set

Post by DaleStan »

Raichase wrote:
I suggest a poll.
Good. That'll achieve nothing, but good for you.
You seem to have missed this. Even the question "Are you personally volunteering to re-code PBI so that it has a parameter that controls stockpiling?" with the answers "Yes" and "No", probably won't achieve anything, but the answer set might vaguely resemble useful.

Actually, splitting "No" into "No, I could but I won't," and "No, I refuse to learn how," might be more instructive.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

All this talking about altering GRF which is made by Pikka? Anybody asked him to do that, or for approval to do that? I don't like to quote myself, but I have to do that:
Me, Myself and I wrote:I think it's best way to obtain changed version to ask Pikka and suggest to him what you want to be changed.
Only to add this: if he says: "I don't want to do that, but if you want, do it and I'll include it in my GRF" than do that, in other case, if he says: "Don't mess with my GRF", you can use it only for your personal. Of course, if he says: "OK, I'll do it", it's best sollution.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

If anyone wants to modify PBI, they should feel free, as long as credit is given.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:All this talking about altering GRF which is made by Pikka? Anybody asked him to do that, or for approval to do that? I don't like to quote myself, but I have to do that:
Me, Myself and I wrote:I think it's best way to obtain changed version to ask Pikka and suggest to him what you want to be changed.
Only to add this: if he says: "I don't want to do that, but if you want, do it and I'll include it in my GRF" than do that, in other case, if he says: "Don't mess with my GRF", you can use it only for your personal. Of course, if he says: "OK, I'll do it", it's best sollution.
Always respect your wisdom Wile E., but I believe the original poster already asked Pikka, and got the answer "I won't do it, but feel free to alter it yourself". Obviously with appropriate credit given to Pikka if released. He's normally really good about sharing his work, which the community always appreciates.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

PikkaBird wrote:If anyone wants to modify PBI, they should feel free, as long as credit is given.
If anyone wants to modify ECS/LV, they should feel free, as long as credit is given.
Image Image Image Image
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

OK, I'm glad basic things are solved. I know Pikka is very flexible about sharing his work, but I just wanted to be convinced he gave approval to do it. :)
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

So is any one going to take the time to change it now that pikka has giveon the go a head?
Last edited by 2007Alain2007 on 05 Dec 2007 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I think the general concensus here is. No.

You've got to ask yourself, are you "going to take the time to change it now that pikka has giveon the go a head" oh with a ? of course, since that makes it a question.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

2007Alain2007 wrote:So is any one going to take the time to change it now that pikka has giveon the go a head?
I doubt any one not answering to Alain will answer "Yes" to this question. I could be wrong, of course.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

I Am Hopeing So I am getting bored of the defult industries
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

If you are bored, then there is this really useful thing called NFO you could go and learn... (and stop pestering in here - the more you ask/grumble the less likely anyone is to do anything about it).
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

2007Alain2007 wrote:I Am Hopeing So I am getting bored of the defult industries
Did you try any of the alternatives that were suggested to you? It's not like this is the only new industries grf, you know...
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

yer i am trying them out now i have all the esc using now :)

Return to “Graphics Development”