Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Post by bvoice360 »

As I have only just returned to ECS from FIRS, a number of other problems are returning, one of which (I won't bother you with the rest) is that I can't seem to find the latest version of the various vectors. In alluke's screenshot on the main dev thread, it marks ECS Basic Vector II as the Feb 2012 version, but bananas and your website only display the June 2011 version. Where do I find the latest version?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

bvoice360 wrote:As I have only just returned to ECS from FIRS, a number of other problems are returning, one of which (I won't bother you with the rest) is that I can't seem to find the latest version of the various vectors. In alluke's screenshot on the main dev thread, it marks ECS Basic Vector II as the Feb 2012 version, but bananas and your website only display the June 2011 version. Where do I find the latest version?
http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ECS1.2/
Image Image Image Image
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

Thanks-is this not on bananas because it is unfinished or something?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

bvoice360 wrote:Thanks-is this not on bananas because it is unfinished or something?
There is no reason for that, just nobody did it
Image Image Image Image
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

I'm trying to play this set, but Im havin a problem, that is - the production is too low to actually anything to happen.

Keep in mind that this is a new game started with only ECS BASIC VECTOR II enabled.

I even tried to connect to a coal mine and run a train but it stayed few month loading nothing (and yes, it was a coal train).

EDIT: Problem solved, the production grown when I've refitted the train to actually carry coal (it wasn't doing that).
Attachments
low prod.png
low prod.png (111.31 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Glad to see new 1.2 vectors online.
One question - where should build materials be shipped? Did not found any houses accepting it.

EDIT: solved - special BDMT shop building can accept that, but seems that it appear only in large towns.
SpecialAgent45954
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SpecialAgent45954 »

Hi All,

I am long-time fan and player of TTO (first), then TTD Patch and finally OpenTTD.
I played several games with all Industries Set, but ECS Vectors is my favorite one so far.

Still, I have some questions:

- Current version of ECS Vector is 1.2: are there plans for future updates? Will Banks and Shipyards be used?
- There are some missing translations in italian in 1.2 version for some industries and cargo (i.e. Aluminium Plant, tonnes, of, Building Materials). I can help with providing missing translation, but how can I do that?
- I always used Total Town Replacement Set to complete the cargo acceptance in town, but I see we now have two additional NewGRFs (ECS Industry Add-on and ECSext). Can they be combined with TTRS, or even each other? Which one do you suggest?
- I see ECS Basic vector and ECS Construction Vector are still available for download, even though they are outdated and can create conflicts with existing ones. Wouldn't be better to remove them from in-game download (just a curiosity here)?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

SpecialAgent45954 wrote:Hi All,
I am long-time fan and player of TTO (first), then TTD Patch and finally OpenTTD.
I played several games with all Industries Set, but ECS Vectors is my favorite one so far.
Still, I have some questions:
- Current version of ECS Vector is 1.2: are there plans for future updates? Will Banks and Shipyards be used?
- There are some missing translations in italian in 1.2 version for some industries and cargo (i.e. Aluminium Plant, tonnes, of, Building Materials). I can help with providing missing translation, but how can I do that?
- I always used Total Town Replacement Set to complete the cargo acceptance in town, but I see we now have two additional NewGRFs (ECS Industry Add-on and ECSext). Can they be combined with TTRS, or even each other? Which one do you suggest?
- I see ECS Basic vector and ECS Construction Vector are still available for download, even though they are outdated and can create conflicts with existing ones. Wouldn't be better to remove them from in-game download (just a curiosity here)?
https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/ecs
Image Image Image Image
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I tried building the Bulk Terminal and no matter which way I try to built it along a coast it still wont build.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
SpecialAgent45954
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SpecialAgent45954 »

Mmmm... I see that the translations in the link you provided are all ok, still I got the missing translations in game for the items I mentioned above.

I also checked that the texts stay in English, for these items, even if I change the language in French or Spanish during the game.

Should I provide a savegame?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

SpecialAgent45954 wrote:
Mmmm... I see that the translations in the link you provided are all ok, still I got the missing translations in game for the items I mentioned above.
I also checked that the texts stay in English, for these items, even if I change the language in French or Spanish during the game.
Should I provide a savegame?
no, these translations would be applied in the NML version of the set, that is not available yet
Image Image Image Image
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

How do i disable stockpile limits on a running game considering there is no "hard" difficulty anymore?
I would assume it's relates to action 0x22 where code now returns a value of 3 where a value of 2 would be "hard" before. Does the NewGRF check for a value less than 2 to enable General Behavior change parameters?

EDIT: I meant parameter A2 for difficulty setting. I forgot to read the docs and add 0x80 to the value. Either way, i checked the GRF and it only checks for a difficulty setting of 2 so i guess it doesn't reset the params.
But still, stockpile limit is on regardless of what i set the option to.

EDIT #2: Ok, a slight correction on my part... Seems stockpile limit works BUT fishing grounds still limits passengers. Or rather treats them differently.
Solutions?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Cadde wrote:How do i disable stockpile limits on a running game considering there is no "hard" difficulty anymore?
I would assume it's relates to action 0x22 where code now returns a value of 3 where a value of 2 would be "hard" before. Does the NewGRF check for a value less than 2 to enable General Behavior change parameters?

EDIT: I meant parameter A2 for difficulty setting. I forgot to read the docs and add 0x80 to the value. Either way, i checked the GRF and it only checks for a difficulty setting of 2 so i guess it doesn't reset the params.
But still, stockpile limit is on regardless of what i set the option to.

EDIT #2: Ok, a slight correction on my part... Seems stockpile limit works BUT fishing grounds still limits passengers. Or rather treats them differently.
Solutions?
General behaviour change parameter does not affect passengers / tourists (yes, that is not documented on the wiki).
Image Image Image Image
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

That's what i found out yea, now i am looking for a way to increase the number of passengers the Fishing Grounds and Oil Rig will accept before rejecting them.
NFO is a crazy language, so pointers would be highly appreciated!
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

What pointer do you expect?
Attachments
ECSAgri Fishing grounds.zip
Fishing grounds NFO
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Image Image Image Image
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

Thank you so much for the .inc file. It's going to be helpful.

I would like to change the amount of passengers accepted by the Fishing Grounds (and later the Oil Rig) because CargoDist insists on sending more passengers down the link than the industry can handle.
208 passengers just isn't doable no matter how much i try and force CargoDist to send them elsewhere.
So where and what do i change to have it accept more or even completely disable passenger limits just like the storage parameter does for all other cargoes?
And yes, i do realize that there can be overflows by doing it the same was as for other industries because of the 3 slots and summation. In that case, i would set the limit to something like 20,000 passengers (per slot)

As you can see from the below CODE block, i have barely any idea of what i am doing. Or even if i am looking in the right place...

Code: Select all

// Am i even in the right place to increase number of passengers acceptance before they are being discarded?
// What bytes do i change to change the amount of acceptance?
// NB: I decompiled with grfcodec and tried to discern but failed, this helped a lot for me to understand where the separation between command and data is though.
// Still, i do not really understand what i am looking at or what i need to change to have thousands more passengers accepted by this industry.
// - amount of acceptance (F2) (CB 2B) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 * 39	 02 09 F2 82 7C 00 00 07 07  // VARIATIONAL ACTION 2, INDUSTRY TILE, ID = F2, ACCESS LOWEST BYTE OF RELATED OBJECT, 60+x (what?) variable in PSTO, ??? x 4 OR ??? x 2 OR "7C 00 00 00" referring to PSTO zero?, ???
                 08 80 01 01	// (128 OR 112 ?)
                 80 80 02 02	// (144 OR 128 ?)
                 88 80 03 03	// (160 OR 144 ?)
                 00 88 04 04 	// (176 OR 160 ?)
                 08 88 05 05	// (192 OR 176 ?)
                 80 88 06 06	// (208 OR 192 ?)
                 88 88 07 07	// (???)
                 00 80			// (???)
And that's what i meant with "pointers would be highly appreciated".

NB: Of course this is for private use. I am playing a solo game.
EDIT: And yes, this is the first time ever that i've looked at NFO's seriously. I spent no more than 6 hours in total understanding it to even some degree. I have searched a lot for examples and explanations but i've gotten none the wiser.
Meanwhile, i am going to try and figure out what it is i am looking at and how it ties together with the help of your neatly formatted .inc file.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Cadde wrote:Thank you so much for the .inc file. It's going to be helpful.
I would like to change the amount of passengers accepted by the Fishing Grounds (and later the Oil Rig) because CargoDist insists on sending more passengers down the link than the industry can handle.

// IR0[0] bits 0-2 - acceptance (bit 0 - cargo 1) bit = 1 - accept, bit = 0 - not

// - calculate acceptance -----------------------------
// set bit 0 to 0
    1 * 31	 02 0A 66 89
                 7C 00 20 FE FF FF FF \2psto
                 1A 00 00 00 00 00
                 01 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 70 00
// set bit 0 to 1
    1 * 38	 02 0A 6E 89
                 7C 00 20 FE FF FF FF \2+
                 1A 20 01 00 00 00 \2psto
                 1A 00 00 00 00 00
    1 * 31	 02 0A 70 89
                 40 20 FF FF 00 00 \2ucmp
                 7C 04 00 FF FF 00 00
                 01 6E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 00
all you need is to change the conditions so the code always goes to 6E branch. Like this

1 * 38	 02 0A 70 89
                 7C 00 20 FE FF FF FF \2+
                 1A 20 01 00 00 00 \2psto
                 1A 00 00 00 00 00
(line 70 is replaced with 6E, 66 is removed)
Image Image Image Image
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

Ahh thank you so much!
I was thinking of changing the acceptance bit but that was in an earlier state when i didn't even know where to start. And even without your explanation i don't think i would have figured it out. But now it makes sense. (as much sense as i can get out of NFO ;) )

LATE EDIT: Yes, indeed it works (so far) and it took me a while to do it because i was occupied with other things.
Thank you so much!
Chico008
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Chico008 »

Hi

I have a strange issue

i'm using the ECS 1.2 for all + Ecsext + Ecs Construction beta (5 or 6 don't remeber)

i'm using these for several times and everything works fine.

But yesterday i wanted to create a scenario for a multiplayer server, and i fugured out that Bauxite was excluded from the chain in machinery vector.

i placed manually bauxite mine, then aluminium plant, but aluminium plant only accet Coal.
tried to launch a new random game, same, bauxite mine or not lpaced on map, and aluminium plant only accept coal, like bauxite never existed

For all the grf i set the aprameters to 30 (No appereance, no closure, additionnal closure protection)

First time ever that i have this

Any idea ?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ECS Construction Vectors (both George & Pikkabird's) are no longer supported, they were rolled into ECS Basic Vector II. It's probably causing conflicts and mismatched IDs.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”