Countdown - They're Here!

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Countdown - They're Here!

Post by Ameecher »

Well there aren't that many NatEx franchises although this livery is meant to be a house livery so the coaches will have this as well. I doubt Gatwick Express will take the livery but I'm not sure if c2c will have it. Could look good on a 357.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Its just very grey. Silver can sometimes look classy, but I think that livery looks kinda dull, like the old Railfrieght. And yes once those Class 43s start smoking it'll be very grimy down the side!
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

It looks a bit "washed-out" to me.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Parkey
Director
Director

Post by Parkey »

I've just been on the NXEC website to check ticket prices for a trip to Scotland. I think the ticketing pages on their website are absolutely superb. Gives you loads of information, well laid out, and you don't even need to register to see the prices.

~£40 for a first class single isn't bad either. Same as I paid last year in fact.

Shame about loosing the GNER paint scheme, but as that's invisible from the train interior I really don't care. At least there won't be any pastel rainbows.
Confusious say "Man with one altimeter always know height. Man with two altimeters never certain."
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

C2C will be taking the livery too... GatEx is not going to bother - it's going to be going Southern soon.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Surely they should rebrand c2c as 'Travel LTS' or something as that would be more in tune with their local bus branding policy - as c2c can hardly be considered 'National' or 'Express'? Or are we soon going to see National Express London, National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry and National Express Dundee? :D
Parkey
Director
Director

Post by Parkey »

I'd like to see this written along the length of side of the train:

Take the National Express when your life's in a mess, It'll make you smile, All human life is here, From the feeble old dear to the screaming child, From the student who knows that to have one of those, Would be suicide, To the family man, Manhandling the pram with paternal pride, And everybody sings, ba ba ba da... We're going where the air is free, On the National Express there's a jolly hostess, Selling crisps and tea, She'll provide you with drinks and theatrical winks, For a sky-high fee, Mini-Skirts were in style when she danced down the aisle, Back in '63, But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size, Of a small country, And everybody sings, ba ba ba da... We're going where the air is free, Tomorrow belongs to me, When you're sad and feeling blue, With nothing better to do, Don't just sit there feeling stressed, Take a trip on the National Express...

In fact, I can't think of anything better that could be written along those white stripes they've added on top of the old GNER livery. Can someone lend me a marker pen? :wink:
Confusious say "Man with one altimeter always know height. Man with two altimeters never certain."
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Off you go with your permenant marker then. I'm sure you can right two words before someone collars you. Perhaps if you sit at KX for long enough you'll be able to do a whole train. ;)
Parkey
Director
Director

Post by Parkey »

Don't they have a station cat at KX to defend against this sort of thing?

That and the recorded "weleath wodger" voice that keeps reminding us that "thecurity thaff patrol thith thation" and "thkateboarding and thycling are prohibited on theeth premethes"

I'm scared of the cat.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Thats a quality song. Perhaps you could also go to Euston and write the lyrics to Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' up the side of a 390 :D

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”