#wwottdgd calles grf authors / gfx'ers for help - (UPDATE)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: #wwottdgd calles grf authors / gfx'ers for help - (UPDATE)

Post by DaleStan »

They're in the file. Why do you need them on the console too? And, assuming you have a decent answer for that, why aren't you discussing this in the NFORenum thread?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

I've posted my suggestion in your NFORenum thread DaleStan.

Anyhow, progress update.
Problem 1:

Code: Select all

[...]
    2 * 4	 01 07 01 01
    3 sprites/partysquare.pcx 0 0 01 40 64 -20 -32 
[...]
   15 * 17	 02 07 01 00 00 00 8C 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 16 28
   16 * 7	 03 07 01 01 00 01 00
//!!Warning (97): Set 00 defined by the previous Action 1 (sprite 2) has not been used.
From what I can tell, Action1 is right and there's a problem in Action2.

Also,

11 * 7	 00 07 01 01 01 0F FD
//!!Warning (99): Offset 8: No more data was expected.
   12 * 19	 00 07 01 01 01 12 50 61 72 74 79 20 53 71 75 61 72 65 00
Assuming that's referring to sprite 11, could somebody point out the problem please, the acceptance should be 3/8 food.
There's also a level 2 warning on sprite 12 if that means anything to anyone. :)
Rasing Awareness: Aspergers Syndrome 1 (NAS UK)2 (BBC)3 (YaleDDC)

Something is driving you insane... It is me.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You seem to be either remarkably clueless or remarkably insistent on not reading the documentation.

//!!Warning (97): Set 00 defined by the previous Action 1 (sprite 2) has not been used.
So, you're saying that there might be a problem with one or more of potentially hundreds of action 2s? And that I'm supposed to complain about every single one of them? Including the one(s) that you may have forgotten to write? I don't think so.
If you prefer, read that as "There's a problem somewhere between sprite 2 and here."
If there was one sprite which was obviously at fault, I'd (*gasp*) complain about that sprite.

//!!Warning (99): Offset 8: No more data was expected.
The documentation is quite clear on what "Offset" means, and I suspect it's something other than what you think it means.
You might also consider looking up the suggested fixes for message 99, which can be found in the same file as the definition of "Offset".
Furthermore, try comparing the console output with the location of the comments. You might notice something interesting. Like that every sprite with a number one lower than the numbers seen on the console seems to have a message following it, and that no other sprite does.

Any one of these three should clue you into what the level 2 warning on sprite 12 is, and why there's a message after sprite 11.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

I will admit to being remarkably clueless, as we can't all be mines of knowledge and have remarkable learning abilities, I for one often find learning new things difficult. And I had noticed the link between in file comments and console outputs.

I shall look at what you've pointed out and thank you for your help.
Rasing Awareness: Aspergers Syndrome 1 (NAS UK)2 (BBC)3 (YaleDDC)

Something is driving you insane... It is me.

Return to “Graphics Development”