[OTTD] The Cindini Map Project

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Niek
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] The Cindini Map Project

Post by Niek »

Cool map, it's just a shame those cities have so little variation. It's all the same buildings, makes it look a bit plain.
yoyo1505
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yoyo1505 »

:bow:
When this is finished it surely MUST be one of the bundled scenarios in OpenTTD. It's looks just too good for anyone to miss out on!
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Coxx »

How do you actually put it together?
Is one working around bit his share, saves it and than hands it over to next or can parts of the map combined later?

Ok, I´ve read the wiki, now I know.

Sorry for the question, but are you planing to play that map and how?
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Ofcourse we are planning to play that map :). You can download the beta version already, check this forum threath here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... it=cindini.

You should play the map with the city growth rates on zero, then the Cities will stay the way they are. Somebody was also working on a patch for the industries to stay at their current locations but don't know any e.t.a on it.
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

There is a GRF for it
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Coxx »

Sorry, I didn´t saw it. And I didn´t saw a map like this before, just incredible.
Those arid areas to the north I like the most. These dry valleys are especially impressive. These strait-to-the-horizon-highways are less convincing.
One just feels so small in that map.

I think you should try Qayyum's w2w Building Set. These houses are quite a nice addition in the tropical climate.
Attachments
screenshot#3.png
screenshot#3.png (159.26 KiB) Viewed 471 times
hempa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hempa »

Hello,

Edit: I'll use the search function better next time, will try on trunk OpenTTD

First I'd like to salute you for a very impressive creation. I have been watching screenshots and maps for Cindini and I've grown more curious and eager to try the complete map.

I finally downloaded the beta version from the topic http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... it=cindini but when I try to load it in OpenTTD (Tib's Pack, haven't tried on vanilla OpenTTD yet, I must admit) using "play scenario" I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Game Load Failed
Broken savegame - Invalid chunk size
Keep up the good work, and I hope to see a full release soon!

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”