Problem with trains that won't load

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with trains that won't load

Post by kombi »

Hi!

I have a problem with trains that will not load and just stand there, see picture. How may I fix this problem?

-Kombi
Attachments
SCR1.png
SCR1.png (64.51 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Problem with trains that won't load

Post by DaleStan »

You give us more information.

Like version numbers. Configs. Savegames from before the trains arrive at the station. And the like.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

Ok :)

Version of TTDX configurator 2.8.8 2.5 beta 9

Configs that might affect it:
First in first out loading option

Hmm.. not sure what you mean by savegames, but i have had the problem since i started the game, it goes up and down, sometime its works and sometime not. But it's often at som station no mather if i load the game again...
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

can you:
- check the detail of the train to be sure that wagons are for wood (despite graphics they can say to carry something other)
- try using Cht: ResetStation over that station and see if it will fix the problem
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

Hi again, and sorry for the late answer.

I checked the wagons and they where alright, + that the problems are in more stations. I also tried to use the cheat, but it didn't work :(
Any other sugestions?

-Kombi
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Try "cht: resetfifo"
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

Thanks Rob, but it didn't work :(

It's allways some station that dosent work, but if i turn off "full load" they work.. hmm.. I also tried different configurations in TTDXC.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Define "didn't work". What happened? What did you expect to have happen?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

I'd expekt the trains to start loading, but they didn't. But i kinda fixed the problem when i turn of FiFo, so i think i'll just stick with that :)

Thanks for all the help guys!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

What else did or didn't happen? Specifically, did a checkmark or an X appear in the sign? If not, then either you mistyped the cheat, or you have signcheats off.
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

The checkmark did apear so i must have typed it the right way, some stations strated to work again, but still there was allways some that didn't :(
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Well then, your problem is that you've got trains leaving to go to the depot and then they can't get back into the station to finish loading. Add go to or service at depot orders, or make your stations wider.
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

I see, but what do you meen by make the station wider? like more tracks?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Yes. As opposed to "longer", which would mean to make the platforms, well, longer, so you can get a ... longer train into the station.

Sorry, I can't find my thesaurus today.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

kombi wrote:The checkmark did apear so i must have typed it the right way, some stations strated to work again, but still there was allways some that didn't :(
kombi wrote:I'd expekt the trains to start loading, but they didn't. But i kinda fixed the problem when i turn of FiFo, so i think i'll just stick with that :)

Thanks for all the help guys!
To fully understand why this happens and how to deal with it, there are a few things you need to know...

FiFo stands for 'First in, First out'. It makes sure that trains are loaded in the order they arrive at the station. If train 1 arrives first, train 2 second, and train 3 third, then they will be loaded in that order. For more information, see http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... ifoLoading
Note the paragraph about glitches. If train 1 leaves the station before it's fully loaded, none of the other two trains will be loaded, because the station is still waiting for train 1. The wiki page doesn't mention it, but everything will be restored to normalcy once train 1 again returns to the same station. With a large station and many trains, however, it's hard to know which train is which.

The 'cure' for this problem is cht: resetfifo. The 'prevention' is to not allow any trains to leave before they're fully loaded. Since FiFo is very useful (and IMO a desirable in a game), it's best to know how to prevent FiFo problems, rather than sweep the feature neatly away under the carpet and never think of it again.

There are two ways a train (that has full load orders) can leave without being fully loaded. The first is manual intervention by the player, and the second is a need to get serviced in the middle of the loading process. To prevent trains from doing the latter, you need either 'service at' or 'go to' orders. It's very simple. Usually, the depot order is placed last: Station A -> Station B -> depot
Station A is the loading station, and station B is the unloading station. With depot orders, FiFo loading becomes practically foolproof.
kombi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kombi »

Aha, i understand 8)

Thank you all for the help guys, you have been most helpful!

Cya, Kombi
bolle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bolle »

hey i have got the same problem and i use ttd patch 2.5 beta 3
excuse me for my bad english
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I'm assuming you read through the whole thread, and did all of the suggested debugging?

What happened after you did each of the items suggested in this thread, and where are your saves and configs?

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”