Dutch Tram Set Release Candidate 1 released 2008/08/12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Tramset Set (RC1... enjoy!)

Post by Purno »

Familiar situation :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Lenny
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Start Dutch Tramset

Post by Lenny »

Purno wrote:
The whole Dutch Trainset's website needs a massive update. I've asked Hyronymus several times and he (still) didn't do it. Not to blame Hyronymus, but it seems Hyronymus doesn't really like to do it. Perhaps you, FooBar, are interested to give the website a massive update? (Only say yes if you'd actually like to do it).
if you want i can update the website of the dutch train set,
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

How old is that quote? :?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Lenny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lenny »

Purno wrote:How old is that quote? :?
to be precise: 390 days 6 hours and 8 minuts :lol: :oops:
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Dutch Tram Set Release Candidate 1 released 2008/08/12

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

You're too late with that quote, Lenny,
I'm already working on the overhaul, and it's almost finished for the technical part...

Just have to finish off the Stationset-parts and getting the images for the Tramset VehList and it's done...

Also, did someone notice the update of this week? Check out the downloads page at http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/ne ... nloads.php. Make sure you have Flash and JavaScript enabled, though...
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:Make sure you have Flash and JavaScript enabled, though...
I like, but why have you created a seperate flash thing for every download? I would have just created one and passed on the variable texts through the url (like: download.swf?file=trainset.zip&head=Dutch%20Train%20Set&version=alpha).
Maybe something for the future?

I noticed a bug in the download counter...
It counts as soon as the download.php?platform=... page is accessed rather than when the actual downloadable file is being requested. Counts should be done only when dlnow is true. Right now the counter is vulnerable to exploits. Just open the page and put something heavy on the F5 key...

Just my 2 cents.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

I feel honoured at being thanked in the credits for the Dutch Tram set on the website, but I don't recall doing anything useful, really...
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

FooBar wrote:
BlueEagle_nl wrote:Make sure you have Flash and JavaScript enabled, though...
I like, but why have you created a seperate flash thing for every download? I would have just created one and passed on the variable texts through the url (like: download.swf?file=trainset.zip&head=Dutch%20Train%20Set&version=alpha).
Maybe something for the future?
That was my intention, but I'm kinda newbie when it comes to Flash and ActionScript, and I don't know how to pull data from the URL into the movie. In first instance, I wanted to do it through the <param>-tags, but, like I mentioned, I don't know how to pull external data into the movie...
Do you have an idea?
FooBar wrote: I noticed a bug in the download counter...
It counts as soon as the download.php?platform=... page is accessed rather than when the actual downloadable file is being requested. Counts should be done only when dlnow is true. Right now the counter is vulnerable to exploits. Just open the page and put something heavy on the F5 key...

Just my 2 cents.
'm Working on it
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

BlueEagle_nl wrote: Do you have an idea?
Unfortunately not. I've used flash once for creating a website, but didn't really like it for that purpose. Expanding the website was a real pain in the youknowwhat.
I just recommended using these url parameters because I've seen it before in some music player. I wanted to download the particular piece of music, so opened the sourcecode of the webpage and came across something like player.swf?url=folder/song.mp3. From there on things were a piece of cake :mrgreen:
BlueEagle_nl wrote:
FooBar wrote: ...download counter...
'm Working on it
If you're having troubles on that, let me know. I have a script floating around which does exactly what you need (well, sort of, as I used a database, but that part can be easily replaced by your current counter script).
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

FooBar wrote:
BlueEagle_nl wrote: Do you have an idea?
Unfortunately not. I've used flash once for creating a website, but didn't really like it for that purpose. Expanding the website was a real pain in the youknowwhat.
I just recommended using these url parameters because I've seen it before in some music player. I wanted to download the particular piece of music, so opened the sourcecode of the webpage and came across something like player.swf?url=folder/song.mp3. From there on things were a piece of cake :mrgreen:
BlueEagle_nl wrote:
FooBar wrote: ...download counter...
'm Working on it
If you're having troubles on that, let me know. I have a script floating around which does exactly what you need (well, sort of, as I used a database, but that part can be easily replaced by your current counter script).
Just have to move some lines of code (those which increase the counter) downwards (to the if($_GET['dlnow'] === 1)-section), so it's not such a problem.

Further, I got some info from the Flash Site (googled to flash accepting params) on how to import URL variables, so I'll try to fix things up for the movies...
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

i've downloaded the latest version from the website, and it seems to me that the NBM 50 of 1941 first part (the engine?) isnt shortened as it perhaps is supposed to be?

The version i got is RC1 (r26)
Member of the
ImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I didn't shorten any first part of a consist because it resulted in all sorts of errors in Patch (which might be solved by now) and moving the sprite to the end of the bouding box was easier anyways.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Update of the Dutch Sets Website made my previously placed links break. Here are the new links to the Dutch Sets Website and the Tramset Downloads:

Downloads:

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Thanks!

Also congrats on the new website, looks good!
Download counter still counts before downloading though ;)

I'll make some tramset screenshots for inclusion with the website today, both the vehicle specific and general kind of screenshot (if I can find a save somewhere).
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Great!

Indeed, I'm still working on the counter... It's kinda irritating that it counts before downloading... Think I've got an idea, will try it out later today (haven't got much time, have to do the dishes, and the laundry :roll: ; that's the other side of living on your own...)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

you working on it right now? the site's down atm.

also, laundry can be a b****, but at least you got a washing machine. :roll:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Well, for one or another reason there are HTTP 500:Internal Server Errors. I don't know what did it. There were no problems at the old location of the site, so I truly have no idea what caused it.

Owen, do you have any idea what's wrong with the server?

[EDIT]31-10-2008 19:10 GMT+1
I've got a major bug about the website posted to the bugtracker:
It's about the Download Counter. It increments each time you visit the Credits Page (and actually start the download), while it should count only when the file is actually downloaded, and not when the Download is cancelled.

Somebody got an idea? Please post them at the Bugtracker.
Direct Link to Bug: http://blueeagle.byethost32.com/dutchse ... w.php?id=2
Bugtracker: http://blueeagle.byethost32.com/dutchset/bugs/
[/EDIT]

[EDIT]07-11-2008 19:10 GMT+1
Bug fixed.
[/EDIT]
Last edited by BlueEagle_nl on 07 Nov 2008 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Hmm, could be me of course but when using this set I seem to run into some problems. Placing "dutchtrams" to load after George's LV4 gives me no trams at all, and placing them before takes away the LV4 trucks! Odd indeed!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Placing Tramset after LV4 gives no trams: weird... Does the GRF-window show any errors for the Tramset/LV4 GRFs?

Placing Tramset before replaces trucks in LV4: even weirder... this behaviour should be happening when you place the Tramset after LV4, not when it's before LV4...

Are there any other vehicle sets you are using, SAC? Perhaps one of them could give problems...
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:Placing Tramset after LV4 gives no trams: weird... Does the GRF-window show any errors for the Tramset/LV4 GRFs?

Placing Tramset before replaces trucks in LV4: even weirder... this behaviour should be happening when you place the Tramset after LV4, not when it's before LV4...

Are there any other vehicle sets you are using, SAC? Perhaps one of them could give problems...
Well, it could have been the opposite way around though, (loaded before or after I mean), can't remember... and don't have the time to test right now! And no, I don't receive an error whatsoever! And the same result applies when using the "ModernTramSet" and the "SerbianTramSet". The only set I seem to be able to use is the "old" Serbian Tramset, v616 something. Not much variety there, and of course no articulated vehicles, so an extensive tram traffic in Vasa is out of the question... :mrgreen:
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own

Return to “Graphics Development”