Dutch Tram Set Release Candidate 1 released 2008/08/12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Dutch Tramset [WIP]

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Just to get a bit back to topic,

I've released a Teaser for the Dutch Sets Website today. It's kinda the old style, but with full pages for the Tram-, Stations and Trainsets. You can find the teaser at https://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/.

Be aware, some things won't work so well ATM... For example, the download counter isn't working (there's one online, but it doesn't really count...)
Also, I need some information to fill the About Us and To Do pages for the Dutch Tramset. The Vehicles and Screenshots pages will be filled (unless you send me some shots, I'll make them myself)

The Download Section is already filled and (partially, see above) working. The Dutch Tramset has been placed op Platform 3, see the CTAs below for the download.

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Please note that the DOS version can also be used with OpenTTD. Whatever version you would need depends on the original graphics used. OpenTTD does not necessarily mean that one would need the Windows version. Platform 3b is kinda misleading now.

I also would appreciate for the set being distributed in it's original package, as that's part of the license. If you rather like a seperate dos and a seperate windows version, I can provide two seperate packages with adapted EULAs. In all cases the readme should be distributed with the grf files, because it contains answers to the most common questions users might have in case of troubles with the grf, and other valuable information.

As for the about and todo pages I am probably able to have something typed up by the end of the week. I don't have any screenshots laying around, so please be my guest if you like to make some yourself.

The website itself is starting to look good! The menu in IE7 is still a problem. Looks like something with a bad left margin.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

FooBar wrote:The website itself is starting to look good! The menu in IE7 is still a problem. Looks like something with a bad left margin.
Yeah I noticed that while having a nosey, you only get the end of words down the left side.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:I've released a Teaser for the Dutch Sets Website today. It's kinda the old style, but with full pages for the Tram-, Stations and Trainsets. You can find the teaser at http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/.
For some reason the website doesn't work at all in my FireFox 2.0.0.14. The arrows are 'missing picture' and all the links lead to 404. Looking at the page with IE-Tab in FireFox works.

orudge is spelt wrong on the Credits page, but maybe that's intentional?
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

AndersI wrote:For some reason the website doesn't work at all in my FireFox 2.0.0.14. The arrows are 'missing picture' and all the links lead to 404. Looking at the page with IE-Tab in FireFox works.
All the slashes are wrong... using '\' instead of the typical '/' for HTTP addresses...
(%5C is '\' HTTP-Encoded)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:Also, I need some information to fill the About Us and To Do pages for the Dutch Tramset.
Here you go. I've put everything in a plain and simple text file, as I didn't know what format you'd like.
Attachments
dutramsetabout.txt
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I'm working on the Menu-problem. Also, I'll check the links for incorrect slashes. I'd have to say, that FF3 has no problems at all rendering these slashes...
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I just released Dutch Tram Set Release Candidate 1.

I consider the set finished right now, but because I haven't tested it thoroughly, I'm releasing it as RC. If no bugs will be reported, I'll release this very same version as the final version. Otherwise, those bugs will be fixed and a new version will be released as version 1.0.

New in the RC is one extra tram, a solution for the previous issues with TTDPatch, the possibility to refit all trams to tourists, mail, goods, food or valuables and a whole new range bell sounds. Unfortunately this version is not compatible with the previous beta 2 and therefore I bumped the GRF-ID.

Another change is the license. The set is from now on available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike Netherlands license.

Downloads are available in the usual third post.
If you encounter any bugs or problems, please report 'em asap, so that they can be fixed.

Changelog since Beta 2.1

Code: Select all

r026 [2008/08/12] Release Candidate 1
- Added more different bell sound effects.
- Added 'newrvs' patch setting check.

r025 [2008/08/11]
- Fixed alignments of a couple of vehicles.
- Removed ID 43 for full RV-ID recommendation compliance.
- Bumped GRF-ID to FB FB 01 02.
- Added TTDP version check.
- Added 'shortrvs' patch setting check.
- Fixed issue with HTM 'GTL-8' 3001-3147 BN livery stuff.
- Changed license.

r024 [2008/04/13]
- Added refit options (PASS, TOUR, MAIL, GOOD, FOOD, VALU).

r023 [2008/04/13]
- Fixed GVBA 'Luchtwagens' 725-779 LHB for TTDP.
- Fixed GVBA 'Trapwagens' 817-841 BN for TTDP.
- Fixed GVBA 'Combino' 2001-2151 SIE for TTDP.
- Fixed RET 'Citadis' 2001-2060 ALS for TTDP.
- Fixed DTTM 'Flexity Outlook' BMB for TTDP.
- Added 'trams' patch setting check.
- Added 'articulatedrvs' patch setting check.

r022 [2008/04/12]
- Created replacement TTDP sprites.
- Fixed RET 'Düwags' 351-386 DWG for TTDP.
- Fixed HTM 'GTL-8' 3001-3147 BN for TTDP.
- Moved Action 0 and Action 4 to end of code.

r021 [2008/03/28]
- Added 'luchtwagens'
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well just looking at that screenshot the purple tram looks slightly misaligned, the back part looks a bit out.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Yes indeed. Glad you noticed, because I didn't before. It even looks like it's clipping at the end, so that might also be the problem here.

You can expect an edit asap.

EDIT:
The pointy shape might be misleading, but if I remove the last part, it indeed needs to be placed one pixel down. Well, so much for releasing the RC as final :P but thanks anyway.
Attachments
Naamloos-1.png
Naamloos-1.png (4.75 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

FooBar wrote:I just released Dutch Tram Set Release Candidate 1.
I've uploaded the zip to the Dutch Sets Website (http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/new_blueeagle) directly after posting this here, and made it available for download there. I haven't altered the CTAs though, that'll happen next Friday.

Someone got some pictures of the Trams available in the set, which may be released on the Dutch Sets Website like in the Trainset Vehicle Lists? Also, I'm missing stats and the Infosheet for the Tramset (last one if available, else I can fix one as soon as I get the stats)

The zip is slightly renamed, and copied, to suit the file namings at our site (The downloads from our site, dtrams.zip (DOS) and dutchtrams.zip (WIN/OTTD), contain the same files as the zip in post #3 of this topic). When Foobar and Rendall allow, I can also split the zip up and remove the Dos GRF from the Windows-zip and vice versa.

Download Information for r23 (Beta 2.2):
GRFs have been downloaded from our website (http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/new_blueeagle):
Windows Version: 122 times
DOS Version: 27 times
Last edited by BlueEagle_nl on 13 Aug 2008 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Tramset Set (RC1... enjoy!)

Post by FooBar »

I have one of these infosheet thingies incorporated in the tracking table. It's a bit of a mess, but I think you should be able to extract the useful information. The "game stats" sheet is the one you need I guess.

By 'pictures', you mean screenshots or photographs of the real things? Screenshots shouldn't be too much of a problem and I can make those if you like. As for photographs, I have enough of those available, but do not own the copyright.
Attachments
TrackingTable_v016.xls
(232.5 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:As for photographs, I have enough of those available, but do not own the copyright.
Which means you can't put them online unless you got permission from the author. We actually mangaged to do that for the Dutch Trainset.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

FooBar wrote:... By 'pictures', you mean screenshots or photographs of the real things? Screenshots shouldn't be too much of a problem and I can make those if you like. As for photographs, I have enough of those available, but do not own the copyright.
I need both for the Vehicle List, but the Screenshots are not necessary. When I don't get them from someone, I'll make them myself somewhere before the end of the month (kinda busy with moving out and a new job, so can't shout a date when I can get them finished, and I'm not allowed to install stuff on dad's PC...)

For the Photos, it's just like Purno says, it's OK if we're allowed to publish them on our website, by the copyright owners. Copyright will be remained and shown on the photos themselves, see http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/ne ... php?list=1 for example. The blue box on each picture will be copied to the photos.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Problem is often you just grab some photographs from Google Images and later cannot retrieve who the author is.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:Problem is often you just grab some photographs from Google Images and later cannot retrieve who the author is.
That's a problem I've got with some new pics on te Trainset VehList... Some of them (TRAXX, 1600p, BR232, GTW and HSA) don't have a copyright notice on them... You might have noticed that some pics (IRM and Mat'64) have my copyright under them, where Leon has been mentioned at least...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Pictures we don't got permission to put online, should not be online!
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:Pictures we don't got permission to put online, should not be online!
Now pulled offline...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thank you. Sorry for my 'rudeness', but we got some problems with these kinds of situations a while ago.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:Thank you. Sorry for my 'rudeness', but we got some problems with these kinds of situations a while ago.
My fault, I forgot to ask for permission... I just googled them and put them online...

Return to “Graphics Development”