Huge traincrash

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Huge traincrash

Post by Bilbo »

Well, I was pondering how many dead can arise from single accident ..., so I took 2 maglev trains loaded with maximal number of people ... and this is result of it.

Also note the day ... it accidentally happened on 31st december, end of the year ... so this have done some fireworks for that day ...

Anybody want to beat it? :)
Attachments
9310 deaths
9310 deaths
crash9310.png (40.71 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Thats just mean!!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Unfortunately the aim of the game is to get as much stuff as possible from A to B as quickly as possible without it getting lost or reduced to smithereens...

But hey, whatever floats your boat :wink:

JGR
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

There is a topic about this somewhere. :)

Your timing is only a bit off, in the general transport section of the forum there are talks of a train accident in real life. This might ofcourse not be your intention but just to inform you. :wink:
RainierWatcher
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RainierWatcher »

Well If you were to crash 2 48 square long sets of full maglevs from UKRS (the transrapid) I think you could get 9,600. Why you would want to though, I have no idea.
Ways of Preventing Death:
* Don't breathe air. Seriously. Everyone born before 1870 breathed the substance at some point in their life and every one of them is dead today. A coincidence? I think not.
Taken from uncyclopedia
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

why 2? crash 4!
RainierWatcher
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RainierWatcher »

M4rek wrote:why 2? crash 4!
I don't think it will count as the same crash unless you were very careful about timing.
Ways of Preventing Death:
* Don't breathe air. Seriously. Everyone born before 1870 breathed the substance at some point in their life and every one of them is dead today. A coincidence? I think not.
Taken from uncyclopedia
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Using DB-set you should -in theory- be able to crash 24240, using two Transrapid 09s, both with 99 wagons. Train drivers not included :mrgreen:

I don't feel like trying it out myself. Takes way too long to get those trains filled. People have to walk all the way to the back of the train, 50 squares away.

EDIT:
I mean get 24240 people killed, not 24240 trains crashed in one time :D
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

FooBar wrote:Using DB-set you should -in theory- be able to crash 24240, using two Transrapid 09s, both with 99 wagons. Train drivers not included :mrgreen:

I don't feel like trying it out myself. Takes way too long to get those trains filled. People have to walk all the way to the back of the train, 50 squares away.

EDIT:
I mean get 24240 people killed, not 24240 trains crashed in one time :D
Well, I used 12 tiles long trains (server setting for max. spread), then I sent all those trains into depot after loading. I completed the trains into larger ones (approx four 12 tile trains into large one) before sending them to the tracjk to crash. One train (~1100 people) got filled quite quickly, since I build the loading platfiorm next to a busy intercontinental airport (from which I had quite trouble picking up all the passengers that appeared there .... those large magklevs were good for that :)

Also, there is bug in 0.5.2 that disallow to crash more than 2 trains at once, though in trunk it was fixed, so with some good timing and placing you may crash 3 trains at once. 4 may be quite difficult, maybe even not possible (one train will need to crash 3 other trains in the exactly same moment. I am not sure if it is possible to arrange the trains in such way).
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)

Return to “Screenshots”