Integrated Version ChrisIN-Final-1 [2008/03/12] *r11485*

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

I am currently working on a new Advanced Town Handling Patch and when I am already at it and do town stuff I can check out your patch too Skidd13 :)
2: The Waypoints don’t contain the information of how many trains that passed that certain point, I used this feature to see if a certain line is used or not.
To know if a track is used or not I want to implement the grass growth on unused tracks feature, then you wouldn't even need to click something or build waypoints just to check track usage :)
6: The option to consult more years in your finance menu doesn’t seem to be working with me. (This could be my fault?)
By default the setting is set to 3, so there's not more displayed. Go to patch options > interface and then change the amount of years you want to see the finance history for (up to 30)
7: The option Copy/paste has some errors in it, when I tried to copy a piece of maglev track and the paste it, it was in regular railway tracks.
I can confirm that bug :) put on the to do schedule :D

I will see if I can find a working base for the other things and implement them when possible :)

P.S. For now I leave the "old" signal autocomplete in the IN before I replace it with peters trunk version.
matryx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matryx »

Don't forget this isn't MiniIN - it's a completely different "project"!
Sir A. Boey wrote:3: The stations don’t contain the option menu no more, in that option you could chose how long the trains are allowed to wait and so on.
Isn't this already in Trunk - although it has moved. On your vehicle, click on the orders window, and in the top right you'll see "Timetable". Click on that, then select the station stop in the list and change the time with the button near the bottom left.
5: And what happened to the option of daughter companies? I’m used to divide my work in to several daughter companies. One company for my trains, one for my trucks/coaches,…
As I understood this, it was full of bugs in the last miniIN (although is a much requested feature). In order for chrissicom to integrate it he'd need a patch to work from and I have a hunch that the old subsidiaries patch would be too far out of date.
devah
Engineer
Engineer

Post by devah »

Is the track sharing between companies (in multiplayer) a part of buggy subsidary patch? If it's not, I would like to request it. I don't need subsidaries, but lending a track for usage for other companies (for some money) in multiplayer game would be nice...

Will there ever be a custom names limit patch (>512)?
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

I have created patch that add keyboard shortcuts for spawning map (M), new viewport (V) and more convenient shortcuts for zooming in and out (plus and minus keys). This may be useful for people who use these functions frequently.

Info at http://bugs.openttd.org/task/970

Patch at http://bugs.openttd.org/?getfile=1181

Consider adding it to ChrisIN, so it can be properly tested :)
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Hello Matryx,

I know this isn't MiniIN, but I just wanted to let Chrissicom know what I would like to see implemented in his project. I think one of the bugs in the daughtercompany patch was that when 2 companies merged that the cash from the merged company wasn't added to the cash from the original company (if you know what I mean) The money was just gone.
But that feature could also be a "smart"/other way of cheating.
for example: when you wanted to destroy a certain part of a town and you got caught briding the local authority you could create a new company and then transfer some money to them and start to destroy and bribing the local authorities and if that company was also caught in the action then you could start an other new company and so on...
When all 7 of the companies where caught then you merged a few companies and started a few new ones again... So to me this is an other way of cheating.
_____________# If you believe in it, you can achieve it" # ____________
__________________# Check out My Closed Platform #___________________
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Sir A. Boey wrote:for example: when you wanted to destroy a certain part of a town and you got caught briding the local authority you could create a new company
Simple. Just merge the failed bribe statuses too...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
matryx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matryx »

Oh yes, I enjoyed what there was of the subsidiaries patch and it would be great if he could merge it, I'm just not certain it would be possible given how far the code has developed in the last 6 months.
Track sharing sounds simpler, but I don't think I've seen a patch for that floating around but I tend to browse here while I'm at work so I might have missed it!

I like the sound of Bilbo's patch - and Devah's request for a >512 custom names limit patch would also be good - it's a shame when I run out of names all the time!
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Hello Peter1138,

Exactly like I said before: "When all 7 of the companies where caught then you merged a few companies and started a few new ones again..."

As for Chrissicom,

I've made a little game to show you why I like the waypoints to have the data of how many trains are passing at a certain point.
With that info I could make a more efficient railwaysystem with lesser queues. And I could see where I made to many crossings and so on...

greetz
Attachments
ChrisIN r10417 Waypoint test.sav
This is an example to show you (Chrissicom) why I want the waypoints to contain the info of how many trains that pass a certain line.
(230.75 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikeel »

can you post a file with all the new strings included in the .lng file?
so we can translate to our language
thanks
Last edited by mikeel on 07 Jul 2007 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Sir A. Boey wrote:When all 7 of the companies where caught then you merged a few companies and started a few new ones again... So to me this is an other way of cheating.
Why should this be removed from game? It just happens in real life!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

you should learn to read my original post better I said: "5: And what happened to the option of daughter companies? I’m used to divide my work in to several daughter companies. One company for my trains, one for my trucks/coaches,… " So When I use this feature I won't ask chrissicom to remove it ok?

greetz
Smoovious
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoovious »

Welp... was gonna play the ChrisIN, but all of the network games are passworded... :(

oh well...

-- Smoovious
____________________________________________ _/azz /|/|aster _____
µTorrent Support Team
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Just posted the promised update for this weekend with peter1138's trunk signal autocomplete version. When dragging signals simply keep Ctrl pressed to autofill the track. Besides that it works pretty much the same way than the old patch except that it doesn't need an extra patch option.

I also added the idea of Advanced Town Handling back to the game with the newly written Increase Town Costs patch. It is deactivated by default and needs to be activated in Patch Options > Construction.

Also an update to the Chat Patch was implemented since the old version made chat messages stay on screen forever when the game is paused. Also another nice patch by Smoovious adding Mail subsidies to the game has been built in.

From today onwards I also have a public ChrisIN server with no GRFs :) Runtime is 1940-2020.

Stay tuned :)
devah
Engineer
Engineer

Post by devah »

Yeah, great!

Just only the subsidaries/track sharing patch and custom names limit :P

Staying tuned :P
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Sir A. Boey: I didn't say that you wanted-said to remove it. Some people may want to, as they consider it cheating, and they don't want to have such things in the trunk, and I expressed my disagreement with them.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
devah
Engineer
Engineer

Post by devah »

There is a nice switch in Patches Configuration screen -> those who don't like the subsidaries patch can always switch it off :F... uhm... is the ChrisIN release a trunk release?!
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Tom0004 »

:( nope, such the patchs chris likes, and i guess he decided to share with the world, his CRG file
Smoovious
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoovious »

devah wrote:There is a nice switch in Patches Configuration screen -> those who don't like the subsidaries patch can always switch it off
Um, no. I never made any such patch config option in my patch, and as far as I can see, none was added in.

The patch was intended to bring back something that should have been there all along, but was overlooked. Therefore, it being optional wouldn't be appropriate.
uhm... is the ChrisIN release a trunk release?!
It is based on the trunk sources, so if it is in the Nightly, it should be in ChrisIN.

-- Smoovious
____________________________________________ _/azz /|/|aster _____
µTorrent Support Team
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Copy & Paste is fixed now and I also added the latest version of the Town Construction Cost patch with tweaked values. It will not be so difficult in the beginning of the game to build tracks anymore since small towns have no effect. Be aware that starting with very large cities on a map prices will still be high from the beginning.

I will also update the public server for ChrisIN now :)
tt-estland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tt-estland »

Daylength patch seems to be broken here. I can't get it working with values over 3. With 7 it starts even running like fast forward mode.

Tried both r10462 & r10486 with same success..

Return to “OpenTTD Development”