Integrated Version ChrisIN-Final-1 [2008/03/12] *r11485*

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

The Build Under Slopes (a.k.a. Autoslope) is still under consideration - has anyone tried Kaan's new patch which he posted in the now locked Build Under Slopes thread, near the end?
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Thanks for letting me know about the daylength bug, I just posted a new build of ChrisIN where the problem is fixed. The inline function calculating the daylength was only uint8 which only works correctly up to a multiplier of 3. It's uint16 now and there should be no more problems now :)

The build under slopes patch was not tested by me with the other patches yet, but it might be in one of the next builds :) no timeframe or schedule tho!
tt-estland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tt-estland »

Thanks for quick reply. I'll continue testing :)
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Hello Chrissicom,

I’ve taken a look at the ChrisIN r10486 and I found a missing Item.
When you what to place signals on the tracks the AUTO-COMPLETION
is gone, and I think I’m not the only one who thinks that was a brilliant
feature. This is no comment, I’m just trying to help you created the best ChrisIN version ever so everyone’s talking about it.

Greetz

(PS: Maybe it's allready altered in your r10488 version, if so sorry then)
_____________# If you believe in it, you can achieve it" # ____________
__________________# Check out My Closed Platform #___________________
RainierWatcher
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RainierWatcher »

I think there is a proper in trunk thing for it now, rather than the included one, hold ctrl down and drag a little way with signals.
Ways of Preventing Death:
* Don't breathe air. Seriously. Everyone born before 1870 breathed the substance at some point in their life and every one of them is dead today. A coincidence? I think not.
Taken from uncyclopedia
mamuf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mamuf »

I was wondering why the autocompletion is missing, too. Thanks fo the tip, it works fine :P
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

RainierWatcher wrote:I think there is a proper in trunk thing for it now, rather than the included one, hold ctrl down and drag a little way with signals.
That's correct, since peter1138's (lead dev) trunk version of signal autocomplete is working flawlessly with ChrisIN I have removed the old version of Signal Autocomplete which required a whole lot more of code. Also the new autocomplete is there by default and doesn't need a patch option.

So as you've figured out already drag singals as usually but hold Ctrl pressed while doing so and it will autocomplete like expected :-) Signal GUI is still there as before, just without the button.

The next build will probably contain Bilbo's console commands and additional key shortcuts making the game a lot easier for mouse lazy people :D
mamuf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mamuf »

chrissicom wrote:The next build will probably contain Bilbo's console commands and additional key shortcuts making the game a lot easier for mouse lazy people :D
I agree that the need of clicking a button to switch the autocompletion on/off was really annoying :?. And yet I found out there are shortcuts for building train stations, depots, waypoints and others. I really appreciate that 8).
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Don't forget to add the waypoint options lol

I'd love them... :lol:
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Sir A. Boey wrote:Don't forget to add the waypoint options lol

I'd love them... :lol:
I think you mean the Route Markers patch which is added now :)
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Tom0004 »

how about adding this patch to you release chris ?
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikeel »

why have you removed the llist of patch that will be included in future? you plan don't add more patch to the chris-in?
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

0004tom wrote:how about adding this patch to you release chris ?
Well, last release of that patch is for r3076 which is ... rather old :)
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

mikeel wrote:why have you removed the llist of patch that will be included in future? you plan don't add more patch to the chris-in?
I will add patches in the future, but which ones is top secret *jk*. No it was just a useless waste of time to maintain this list because I actually didn't add some patches from the list but added others in the meantime. I will continue adding useful patches but a big part of the current work is also keeping the current build in sync with trunk and maintain savegame compatibility :)

@0004tom

I'll check out that patch :) Adding a patch from a very old build is not necessarily a problem, the oldest patch I converted for ChrisIN is from r1xxx times ;)
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Hey Chrissicom,

I didn't mean the routemarkers I meant the information you get with the
waypoints... see attachement...

Hope to see this integrated and thanks allready for the GREAT work you're doing with this "IN" :!: 8) 8)
Attachments
Waypoint INFO.PNG
Waypoint INFO.PNG (13.52 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
triple7pilot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by triple7pilot »

The thing i would like to see is grass growth on unused tracks.
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

triple7pilot wrote:The thing i would like to see is grass growth on unused tracks.
I really like that patch too, but I think there is still no complete grf file available iirc.
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Tom0004 »

Bilbo wrote:Well, last release of that patch is for r3076 which is ... rather old :)
sorry, didn't think about that, just thought about making it that little bit more realistic ! :oops:
RainierWatcher
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RainierWatcher »

0004tom wrote:
Bilbo wrote:Well, last release of that patch is for r3076 which is ... rather old :)
sorry, didn't think about that, just thought about making it that little bit more realistic ! :oops:
I don't think that one would be too hard to update, it isn't that big a thing really considering the way industries/tunnels work can't change much over time.
Ways of Preventing Death:
* Don't breathe air. Seriously. Everyone born before 1870 breathed the substance at some point in their life and every one of them is dead today. A coincidence? I think not.
Taken from uncyclopedia
Smoovious
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoovious »

RainierWatcher wrote:... considering the way industries/tunnels work can't change much over time.
You'd be suprised... tunnels/bridges have had work on them, and industries is going through a lot of changes to be newindustries/cargotypes compatable for the GRF's that add new types. :)

ps> c'mon guys... play network! :) got available servers just waitin'

-- Smoovious
____________________________________________ _/azz /|/|aster _____
µTorrent Support Team

Return to “OpenTTD Development”