[OTTD] Marshy's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Marshy
Director
Director

[OTTD] Marshy's Screenshots

Post by Marshy »

Helloooo

I've finally managed to get TTDP working, so i though I'd immediatly take action by starting a new game and showing you some candy of the eyes.

So heres the deal, the new Canadian Station set has just been released..so i thought i'd play a game with these wonderful stations. I'm going to go with the Canadian flow and use the Canadian train set too.

The game is on the temperate climate, currently the network is partly under-construction, although a few local trains are running, as well as a wood train.

So i'll start with a nice peaceful (for now) trip with a local service.

EDIT:AHH the order has totally gone apart, read from the last attachment of each post. it gets me everytime hehe
Attachments
We begin our short journey at Ledston Luck.  Our train sets off from platform 5, the other platforms are currently not in use yet, as the mainline is still being worked on.
We begin our short journey at Ledston Luck. Our train sets off from platform 5, the other platforms are currently not in use yet, as the mainline is still being worked on.
Marshy1.PNG (70.48 KiB) Viewed 9803 times
Alberworth is the second stop.  Another local service can be seen on the lower line..the line above the station is the current mainline, but currently under-construction.
Alberworth is the second stop. Another local service can be seen on the lower line..the line above the station is the current mainline, but currently under-construction.
Marshy2.PNG (60.75 KiB) Viewed 9806 times
Cafingway, used by local service trains, but a few goods trains occasionally 'roll' through
Cafingway, used by local service trains, but a few goods trains occasionally 'roll' through
Marshy3.PNG (90.13 KiB) Viewed 9809 times
Last edited by Marshy on 27 Feb 2011 00:53, edited 2 times in total.
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Attachments
Ooh i love this part.  Our train passes under the mainline, but has to stand at the lines while its 'partner' passes.  The local bus service can be seen too.
Ooh i love this part. Our train passes under the mainline, but has to stand at the lines while its 'partner' passes. The local bus service can be seen too.
Marshy4.PNG (102.64 KiB) Viewed 9799 times
Probably my favourite station, simply because its so peaceful.  Our train terminates here (obviously), and then begins its return train to Ledston Luck.
Probably my favourite station, simply because its so peaceful. Our train terminates here (obviously), and then begins its return train to Ledston Luck.
Marshy5.PNG (72.06 KiB) Viewed 9806 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Do you use PBS because certainly some of your junctions could benefit from PBS if you don't ;)

Nice picturesque scenes, not sure about the Japanese landscape in the depths of Canada but each to their own :)

Keep 'em up ;)
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Yah i kinda forgot to turn on PBS, i guess i havn't really noticed it as there aren't enough trains to take advantage of it yet.

The japanese landscape just looks better than the original grass, its not meant to look like canadian terrain lol.
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

i guess the lack of comments mean you either want more screens or the ones i originally posted were not all good.

more? mmk. 5 shots coming up, starting with.....
Attachments
Little Aberworth, big trains!  (well, sort of big)
Little Aberworth, big trains! (well, sort of big)
Aberworth.PNG (445.71 KiB) Viewed 9664 times
Couple of 4-6-0 'Ten Wheelers' pass at Tratown West junction
Couple of 4-6-0 'Ten Wheelers' pass at Tratown West junction
Tratown West Junction.PNG (338.88 KiB) Viewed 9670 times
U1 4-8-2 'Mountain' rests on platform 4, while an EMC Doodlebug pulls into the local platform 1.
U1 4-8-2 'Mountain' rests on platform 4, while an EMC Doodlebug pulls into the local platform 1.
Predingwell.PNG (432.66 KiB) Viewed 9671 times
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

sorry for the quality, i uploaded originally as jpegs but then resaved them as png's, but the quality had already dropped.
Attachments
Network Map.PNG (340.6 KiB) Viewed 9658 times
Peaceful
Peaceful
Rardingham.PNG (409.12 KiB) Viewed 9663 times
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Mmm, lovely jpeg artifacts without the benefit of jpeg compression...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Marshy wrote:i guess the lack of comments mean you either want more screens or the ones i originally posted were not all good.
Getting no replies does NOT imply that your screenshots aren't good. In fact, I like them quite much.

And I believe the screenshots section has a very high read-only quota (i.e. many users read, but only few respond). So don't let them stop coming, you might have many more readers than you expect.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
zero1000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: Munich area, Bavaria, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by zero1000 »

Rardingham - peaceful ? with all trains rumbling trough the tunnels under the houses ? :shock: :wink:
zero1000
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Nice shots, gotto love steamers through small villages. But later on... i would love to see how these villages progress...
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Hey guys.

As i said in another topic, i've kinda got 2 games going at once. I guess i just had an urge to play 'in snow'. So anyway, yeah, these shots are of a DIFFERENT game, before anyone points that out. don't worry though, i'm still playing the other game (although i getting pissed because all the trains keep going the wrong way)..

Ok, this game uses the CanSet again, with the glorious new Canadian Stations. My network so far is based in the mountains, as there was good industrial content up here...3 forests, a paper mill and a printing works!
This isn't all i've built though, as i've more or less covered every town in the mountains as well as set up a food service too (which has just started [1 train so far])

I'll start with the 'wood' service first, then.

Currently, 3 X10a 4-6-4T engines run the wood service. The forests arn't too far from the paper mill, so shorter trains are more suitable. In the above screen one of the engines heads south to the paper mill. The line heading off to the north leads to one of the other forests.

The paper mill, at which our wood train pulls into the lower platforms to unload its wood. In the upper platform two T1 2-10-4 'Selkirk' engines load paper, you can tell that I build one a few years after the other due to the different liveries.

Now i'll show you the journey the paper-service takes.

The paper service sets off, passing two of the X10a's.

After a short while, the train joins the 'main line'. The printing works is just round the corner, as you can see a small goods road service that runs to the town south of this shot, Hunthill City. As for the tracks, as i said the line that train is currently travelling on runs to the printing works (the line above this one is for trains loading), the south line runs to Hunthill City station. A coal mine station is also there, but currently not used as the line to the distant power station is still under construction.

Our train arrives at the printing works. Currently only one goods train runs, as some of the surrounding towns havn't 'developed' enough to accept goods yet...this train is headed by another 'Selkirk'.

Seeing as though this is the end of the line for the paper train, i'll follow the goods train now.

The train has just rejoined the main line. Not really much to say about this shot, only that the line on the right is the passenger line that leads to Hunthill City.

Our train crosses the four-way junction above Dafingley. The north-west line runs to the remote town of Aberhead, while the line that runs to the East goes to Sunston, which is a local-only station. The West line is where the goods train is headed, this line is the main line that eventually descends down the mountain.

The destination, Flenwell (god the town names suck). The outer platforms are for express trains, while the terminus platforms are for local services. The line that runs under the town is the goods bypass, which currently only has a food train and a 'farm' train using it (the food processing plant isn't in the mountains). A small bus service runs between here and Dafingley too.

Ok, thats it for now. I'm going to take out some of my anger on my punchbag and put on some loud music (yeah, i realise its nearly midnight..oh well).
I'll get some more shots up tommorrow of the local passenger/express passenger services, and maybe of the current food service.

Bye
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Excellent use of the station set. Reminds me that I need to start posting some screens too.

May I ask what bus set you are using?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

It is great to see the CanStn set in action.

There are a few graphics glitches (snow bars) at Flenwell station. What platform are you playing, 2.5 beta or 2.6 alpha ?
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

lifeblood wrote: May I ask what bus set you are using?
I think its pb_hovs.grf.
OzTransLtd wrote:It is great to see the CanStn set in action.

There are a few graphics glitches (snow bars) at Flenwell station. What platform are you playing, 2.5 beta or 2.6 alpha ?
Hm. I don't see any glitches, i'm using 2.6 alpha.

Thanks for the comments. I'm gonna post a few more shots now because i'm really enjoying this game, meaning i'm playing it A LOT too. If i don't keep you up to date with the game then i'll end up posting pics in a few days time of the game in year 2000 or something lol (yeah im playing it that much, i have A LOT of free time).

Right, these arn't as much story shots as the last ones were...instead these are just random shots of the network, plus a network shot at the end.

Aberhead is quite a way away from the rest of the network, along with its neighbouring town of 'Little Ronpool Bridge'. In the screen, you can see the first diesel locomotive to be purchase; a 3-car Budd /CC&F RDC. The train leaving the station is the express service that runs around the towns in the mountains, headed by a U2a 4-8-4 'Confederation'. On the road at the top edge of the screen is the fast bus service that runs between here and Little Ronpool, the descent down to this town is a little too steep for a rail service, and the towns are a bit too close anyway so it would most probably be a waste of money.

This is the mainline that leads down the side of the mountain. The track is split into two to prevent congestion in future years (passengers bottom & goods top). A brand new GMD FP7 leads a train of empty coal wagons down the goods line.

The town of Senston, i would call it peacefull but that would be a lie due to the large farm train headed by a U1 4-8-2 'Mountain' that rolls under the town. The same Budd RDC is currently in the station, the only service that stops at this town in fact. Damn how cool is that bank.

Ah, the food processing plant. There is only one food train running at the moment, to Aberhead. Two farm trains currently service the plant, one of them is leaving the screen at the bottom, which is headed for one of the many farms at the south of the map. The FP7 we saw earlier is on the mainline, about to pass through Grufingley Heights...then to the power station.

Yep, after Grufingley the train heads to the power station. Here we can see it passing the small village of Mofingway; soon to have a station built here (the plan is to have the tracks to this town running under the bridge).

Remember Flenwell? Here it is again, it hasn't changed much itself, but the trains running through certainly have. At the moment its quite a rare sight to see 3 trains here at once. Leaving the shot on the right is the mountain express, the Budd RDC is loading on the terminus platform, while one of two FP7's rumble through the 'through' platforms. There are talks of adding a couple of more terminus platforms on the end of the station, but this time facing the opposite way to the current terminus platforms, so i can have a couple of local services making the journey up the mountain to here.

The first shot showed the town of Aberhead, for trains to get here they have to cross a large valley. On the bridge is the FP7 headed to Aberhead Coal Mine, passing the mountain express.

Finally, a screen of the current network. Most of the network on the right, on the 'lighter' terrain is in the mountains. At the top you can see Aberhead and Little Ronpool Bridge, connected by a small bus service; there are no towns to the left or above these two, so no more building work will take place up there.

More to come in the near future.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Some very nice screenies here indeed. Great use of the "eyecandy" stations.

Keep them coming, please.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Marshy wrote: ... I don't see any glitches, ...
But, I do ... I'll investigate those ...
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

oh, duh. i see them now (obviously), the glitches in the 4 yellow circles at the bottom are because the catwalk ends when the next platform doesnt have a catwalk, and i guess the top glitch may have something to do with the station building.

Thanks for pointing them out, and The Irish; thanks.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Marshy wrote: ... because the catwalk ends when the next platform doesnt have a catwalk, and i guess the top glitch may have something to do with the station building. ...
Yes, the snowbar should be closed, if there is no 'access' across the adjacent platform. The other one, is probably a simple sprite sorter problem, because of Midland station.

Sometimes, things get a bit tricky. You may want to try overbuilding some of the crosswalks and see whether things get corrected.

BTW, if you build a crosswalk across the entire station, and then build over some tiles (with benches). The remaining crosswalks may still think there is an adjacent one and leave the bar open.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

:shock: Very nice screenies indeed, keep this sort of thing coming please Marshy :)
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

More? Fine :)

At the foot of the mountain lies Flardwood; originally a 3 platforms through station untill 2 terminus platforms were added for local and food purposes.

"Little" Ronpool Bridge. Was a quite a small town, but suddenly the population boomed, because of this i built a single platform station for an express and food service.

The food processing plant platforms below, and Grufingley at the top. The are actually quite a few steamers still remaining on the network, but they are slowly being replaced.

Sunnville is the most southern town on the map, currently a couple of FP7 express's stop here as well as the foodage.

The next station up from Sunnville is Flondworth (remind me to rename my towns next time), there are A LOT of farms in this area...so the livestock/wheat services are quite a common sight. Before anyone asks, im waiting for the authority to like me before i remove that statue (for realistic purposes (not that this is a 100% realistic game =P))

Finally, we return to Flenwell. In an earlier post i told you guys that i was planning on adding a couple more platforms...well..i have. Just a food train stops at this new terminus at the mo, although i'll probably get a passenger service using it too.

Marshy

Return to “Screenshots”