Bridges over Diagonal railways

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Soccerito
Engineer
Engineer

Bridges over Diagonal railways

Post by Soccerito »

Hello. I've seen that it is not possible to build bridges over diagonal rails and i'm thinking that, is there any way to code the thing in TTD?

Soccerito
Attachments
Screenshot about it also.
Screenshot about it also.
SCR1.png (73.61 KiB) Viewed 3440 times
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

It's not possible to build bridges over diagonal rails in TTD/TTDPatch.
It's probably OTTD feature.

It was discused before. Altough it could be done (probably) in TTDPatch, it's very unlikely we will see it anytime in future. This thing requires a lot of work and coding to make it ready.
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Dave

Post by Dave »

There may possibly be a change with the new handling that eis_os has in development, but that won't be finished even in the near distant future.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The reason it is "not possible" is because it messes up the pathfinder something fierce. However, one of the devs has shown remarkable acuity at beating brains into the pathfinder, so the impossibility of this has been somewhat reduced.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

DaleStan, if you're refering to my ugly hacks with the pathfinder for enhanced tunnels, I will say now that they aren't actually z-aware, they are direction based. This means that it *might* be possible to hack a method of diagonal track over bridges, but there is no chance of track under a bridge in the same direction as it. Also there is the issue of finding enough bits to store extra track data...
Really this will probably end up waiting for Oskar's new map array and his associated pathfinder, sometime in the future.

JGR
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just for a minute...

I got excited :)

No worries JGR, just keep working nice and hard :P
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Soccerito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Soccerito »

Thanks for the answers everyone. Now i know that it takes a looooooong time to wait until somebody does it, or if it will be done for TTDP Anyway.

Soccerito
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Well the last things I did are mostly internals you don't see, like memory guard, dropdownext or now a macro system for faster creating of gui windows... Not things you really can directly interact with or has the wow factor...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
VIPStephan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VIPStephan »

eis_os wrote:[…]memory guard, dropdownext or now a macro system for faster creating of gui windows...
WOW!

:P
Whatever happens, don't click this link!!

Return to “Suggestions”