Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14914 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1742 743 744 745 746
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

The place where I live is naturally colder than the rest of the country.

Attachment:
20180509_221450.png [167.37 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

ALEXbr wrote:
I know you don't know Romanian...

That's miles harder than the maths XD

YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Redirect Left wrote:
As some of you may know. I volunteer at a rail station.
Today, I was told one of the staff had filed a grievance against me.

A few week ago, whilst there was a strike on, that affected the drivers, conductors and cleaners (for some reason, i don't know why they got involved). The station got pretty messy, so I helped myself to a set of rubbish bags, totally cleaned up the station, litter picking, emptied full bins and generally improved the stations appearance. It gets pretty messy after even a few hours of cleaners doing jack all. I did it all in the correct manner, and put on a hi-vis with the logo for the volunteer group. I in no way appeared or attempted to come across as an actual cleaner, just wearing my normal volunteer uniform.

Apparently one of them was super offended that I demonstrated their job could be taken over and done almost as well by someone who isn't paid and doing it out of concern for the passengers opinion of the company who runs the station, which isn't even the one that took part in the main strike action.

That'll be a fun meeting next time i'm in. Got called up about it this evening, shall be given a meeting with someone from the company soon. Hopefully its for sake of appearances due to it being an official complaint, rather than anything serious.
As a general piece of employment advice, I would advise not posting things like this. This type of thing would be in contravention of most employers social media policies and there you get yourself into another potential grievance situation.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ameecher wrote:
This type of thing would be in contravention of most employers social media policies and there you get yourself into another potential grievance situation.

Good for all I care :p I have nothing but disdain for the entire rules and regulations people are expected to follow these days. Plus I have the advantage of more than likely being unemployed for medical reasons all of my natural life, so I can afford to do things off the cuff, considering everything I do is entirely for free and out of the goodness of my heart :p

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:35 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Redirect Left wrote:
Ameecher wrote:
This type of thing would be in contravention of most employers social media policies and there you get yourself into another potential grievance situation.

Good for all I care :p I have nothing but disdain for the entire rules and regulations people are expected to follow these days. Plus I have the advantage of more than likely being unemployed for medical reasons all of my natural life, so I can afford to do things off the cuff, considering everything I do is entirely for free and out of the goodness of my heart :p

Hear, hear!

I'm currently trying to raise some money for my youngest son to be able to travel to a prestigious academic competition later this summer. The school principal rang me up and asked if I included the name of the school or the program. I said I did, because, of course, my son goes to the school and is part of the program. She told me that I had to remove that because it requires written permission from the school board to do anything like this on social media.

What? :shock: Get outta here...

I'm not going to change a thing. It would be one thing if the issue was I was trying to pass myself off as representing the school or the program and attempting to raise funds for either. I'm raising funds for my son, and factually pointing out his membership, which is common knowledge. If she wants to be a snot about it, then I've got a solid claim of a government attack on my First Amendment rights, but I'm just flat out shocked that when the school principal hears that one student is having to struggle to raise money to go to an expensive event thei first thought isn't "What can we do to help?" but "You didn't ask our permission."

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:01 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Probably afraid of bad PR ("we don't support our students if they have/want to go to some expensive event").

The problem with helping is, that now they help your son, but then the next parent comes around, who also claims help, and so on and so on. Of course, this is the complete opposite and also not helping, but it also depends on how you posted it.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:08 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

How's Dave Worley been doing? I haven't seen the bugger in years! He might have a different name now. I didn't keep up. :p

Edit: By the way, let's not make it all about him. How are all you guys doing?! :D

Closet troll that got locked inside and accidentally left the keys outside.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:34 am 

Mr. X wrote:
How's Dave Worley been doing? I haven't seen the bugger in years! He might have a different name now. I didn't keep up. :p

Edit: By the way, let's not make it all about him. How are all you guys doing?! :D

Well now, this name I haven't seen in pretty much a year or so. Right?

We're doing fine, forums are slower than these days but there's still some OTTD development brewing and things happening around here.

Dave is frequently kicking a ball around on various fields, the dear boy.

(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91) 2016-06-23

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:37 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well, a slow forum is part of the times as they are a changing. But glad to hear this one is still unstoppable! :D
And it seems I can update my copy of OTTD as well then. Good news!

Also good to know you guys are doing great. ;) Keep on kicking Dave! :p

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

I might end up losing my job because the facility has terrible air quality and I can't work with my asthma, even with a mask. Time to go job hunting again... I don't want to lose it, I really enjoy it.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:24 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Nathanxbox20 wrote:
I might end up losing my job because the facility has terrible air quality and I can't work with my asthma, even with a mask. Time to go job hunting again... I don't want to lose it, I really enjoy it.

Maybe an obvious question, but would it be possible to find something similar but with better air quality? Or is it some kind of a more exclusive job?
Anyway, good luck! Hope you find something else soon!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:45 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

So for the first time in my adult life, I got very intoxicated last weekend.
I was in Wembley to watch a Counter Strike competition, although after day 1 (of 2), we ended up in Soho instead of doing the sensible thing of going to bed ready for the morning after.

In the space of 4 hours, it went from Wembley to hugely drunk in Soho. At 4am we headed back to his and to bed, and regretted it when after 3 hours sleep we needed to be back at Leatherhead station to go back to Wembley for day 2.

I've been told i did a lot of dodgy singing and dancing in varying gay clubs. Probably because where I live in yorkshire, everyone knows each other so i feel too shy to do anything too bad, whereas in London I just went all out. Somehow beetween me and my friend, we spent £220 in Soho, over 7 hours, not including the Uber back to Leatherhead...

Fun and interesting experience, but hugely expensive. I'll be back in London & Wembley for another CSGO tournament in September, i'm trying to decide if i want go all out again, or be more respectful of my liver and wallet...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 am 

It's good to liven it up sometimes. £220 sounds steep for two, but the occasional drunken foray is nothing bad as long as you are still able to behave yourself if something were to happen! :)

(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91) 2016-06-23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I think a lot of the £220 (€250) was one of the waiters constantly walking past with jägerbombs and offering tequila shots (which are... interesting on the mouth as it turns out), it also didn't help the waiter in the gay bar was rather attractive so i bought more to have a reason to talk to him and his lovely eastern europe accent, at a guess Romanian or Serbian. Friend I was with was a bit displeased I kept chatting to waiter and not him, but eh, he had a boring London accent soooo.... I also managed to barter a jägerbombs down to half price once, after we'd bought like five beforehand. So that's something :p

It was a fun night, but not something I can repeat often for financial reasons, which is a huge shame as it's a bundle f fun in Soho, plus nearby Chinatown has lots of amazing food!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:50 am 

Mr. X wrote:

WAIT A MINUTE!

Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14914 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1742 743 744 745 746