[OTTD] Hoenderkerk Transport pictures

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Papegaaij
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Hoenderkerk Transport pictures

Post by Papegaaij »

I've been playing with this game for ages now. I think I started over 2 years ago, when OpenTTD was just released. Over time, the network gradually grew until what it is today: 1181 trains, 378 aircraft and 129 road vehicles. According to the game date, it is the year 2202, but I was stuck at 2090 for some time, until the patch got included in the MiniIN.

Hoenderkerk Transport manages the transport on a 512x512 mountainous map. The mountains force the use of custom created junctions, because large cloverleafs just don't fit between the mountains.

The screenshots are snapshots of the busiest parts of my network. Most screenshots only capture a part of a junction, as with this many tracks, almost everything can be called a junction. I did not include the savegame, because it is not compatible with any 'official' OpenTTD or MiniIN release. The network is based on the old acceleration behaviour of trains, which is no longer available in the latest versions. I'm using a slightly patched version of MiniIN 8928.
Attachments
Hoenderkerk Transport, 1st Apr 2202 1.png
The main goods line. The waypoints show the number of trains passing every month/year: 107/1213. This part of the line also rearranges the trains so they take the right turnoff a few screens further down the line.
(480.2 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Hoenderkerk Transport, 1st Apr 2202.png
This shows one of the two factories. This one producing over 13k goods per month. A very busy line passes just north of the station.
(390.27 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Hoenderkerk Transport, 26th Mar 2202.png
This is an overview of the map. The large number of trains and aircraft are clearly visible. As can be seen, all buses serve only a single airport.
(101.71 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Last edited by Papegaaij on 28 Mar 2007 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Papegaaij
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Papegaaij »

And here are some more screenshots.
Attachments
Hoenderkerk Transport, 1st Apr 2202 4.png
Al combination of the oil refinery and steel mill. The oil refinery has currently reached its limit. I probably will need to start delivering some of the oil to another refinery.
(381.5 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Hoenderkerk Transport, 1st Apr 2202 3.png
This is where most goods head to: a station with 31 tracks, 27 dedicated to goods. Trains are picked from the main line one-by-one, reducing the load on the end of the station. This greatly increases the capacity of the station.
(450.45 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Hoenderkerk Transport, 1st Apr 2202 2.png
This is where all coals gets delivered. The power station produces 55GWh of electricity. Part of the main goods line can be seen in the lower right corner.
(393.08 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Papegaaij
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Papegaaij »

And here is the last.
Attachments
Hoenderkerk Transport, 1st Apr 2202 5.png
This shows the wood mill. Unfortunately, the wood mill is situated just south of the factory, and the station is surrounded by crowded lines and cities, making it almost impossible to guarantee a steady flow for all trains. The current layout seems to do
(423.8 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sorry... How many!?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Screenshots”