Things to worry about.....

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Things to worry about.....

Post by Lilman424 »

I'm going to post some thing I think we need to think about....

1.) Advertising: Are we going to try to attract a larger fanbase than just the TT-forummers? If so, make sure to have someone advertising.....whether it's a banner or a fullpage ad in Rolling Stone
(:roll:)

2.) Programmers: 2 programmers is not enough to do a full project, at least not if you want to get done in less than about 15 years... I'm learning programming but it'll 2-4 years until I can do anything.....

3.) Researchers and Petitioners: People who will look up info and ask if we can use stuff, like the real names for planes and trains.....

4.) Money: Sponsors.......Sponsors........we may need to pay a bit royalties, I would give a bit to out programmers, if I wasn't so paranoid about sending money 500 miles overseas......

That's all....for now....BTW:this is my last post tonight, I was supposed to be in bed 3 hours ago :oops:

GOOD NIGHT! TT-FORUMS!!!!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Things to worry about.....

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Lilman424 wrote:1.) Advertising: Are we going to try to attract a larger fanbase than just the TT-forummers? If so, make sure to have someone advertising.....whether it's a banner or a fullpage ad in Rolling Stone
I think we will advertise it ... but it is to early to do this
Lilman424 wrote: 2.) Programmers: 2 programmers is not enough to do a full project, at least not if you want to get done in less than about 15 years... I'm learning programming but it'll 2-4 years until I can do anything.....
at first we must create game engine ... rein work on it with help other advenced programmists, then if engine will be created rest people will create objects , improve engine if neccessary, add other part of code, etc[/quote]
Lilman424 wrote: 3.) Researchers and Petitioners: People who will look up info and ask if we can use stuff, like the real names for planes and trains.....
4.) Money: Sponsors.......Sponsors........we may need to pay a bit royalties, I would give a bit to out programmers, if I wasn't so paranoid about sending money 500 miles overseas......
I think we won't have any sponsors ... first why , just we don't want wo owe him anything, second why, if we have sponsors then it is a bit pressure rein and other people in project , last one to 3) we don't have money and they don't allow us to use real names for free ... (anyway someone wil realese orginall names :wink: )
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Most concerns are for a later date. I thought that if the engine was working like it should other programmers would start implementing features and graphic designers would start making graphics.
And of course we don't want sponsors because they would only annoy us and espescially the programmers.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Arathorn wrote:Most concerns are for a later date. I thought that if the engine was working like it should other programmers would start implementing features and graphic designers would start making graphics.
And of course we don't want sponsors because they would only annoy us and espescially the programmers.
I agree, the game will be open for everyone to add his part
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
mikeya
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by mikeya »

Yup, first we need a engine and then others can begin with adding stuff.
Mike,
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

Ok....Anyway:

5.) Getting to work: I know hellfire and rein are working hard but I don't see any progress in the aduio deartment or in graphics. The website's coming along great, but that one of the least important things.....and the Design Docs topic has died, obviously.

BTW: rein,hellfire: could you guys post your progress please? Not the program, just what your doing/what you've done. Thank in advance!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I might want to join as a coder. Ihaven't used C++ before, but I have around 4-5 years of experience in Delphi and already know a bit of C++ syntax, so I won't feel totally lost. :) I hope I can make this my opportunity to get started with C++.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Oh that will be good. I hope hellfire releases the engine soon.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Arathorn wrote:Oh that will be good. I hope hellfire releases the engine soon.
rein release :roll:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Ah yes, my fault. :)
I always forget wich of the two is making it. :?
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:
Arathorn wrote:Oh that will be good. I hope hellfire releases the engine soon.
rein release :roll:
idd, rein.

Topic locked, really old moot (12112006).
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”