US company headquarters

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Finished the basic set. :D

Now I need to know if 2 diffrent HQ's for each (arctic and tropic) are supported via grf. If not is there maybe a random possibility, or is only one possible?
Did 1st HQ as preview. ;)

Any comments for improvement?

I need a coder!! Thanks.

EDIT: got one :)
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (58.73 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
Last edited by skidd13 on 05 May 2007 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

skidd13 wrote:Finished the basic set. :D
Awesome :) Kudos to you.
Any comments for improvement?
Maybe you could add some windows in the roof of the 3rd HQ. Maybe it is just me, but the replacement for the temperate bank and the 5th HQ look still too bright imho.

Anyway keep it up and I hope you find someone to code it soon :)
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Shouldn't the buildings be cut in pieces if you want to code them..?
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Sleepie wrote:Awesome :) Kudos to you.
Thanks
Sleepie wrote:Maybe you could add some windows in the roof of the 3rd HQ. Maybe it is just me, but the replacement for the temperate bank and the 5th HQ look still too bright imho.
Windows will be added.
About the hue I'll check that in game.
Darkmast49 wrote:Shouldn't the buildings be cut in pieces if you want to code them..?
Sure, but I'm not sure how to cut them cause of the possible z-alignment bugs and 2CC. If a coder responses, I'll modify the images to his needs.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Very nice headquarters, especially the last three - how about adding more detail to grass/desert under the last headquarters?
Soccerito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Soccerito »

I'm wondering that, on the 1st HQ, there is a road but will it be able to drive on it?

Soccerito
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

MeusH wrote:Very nice headquarters, especially the last three - how about adding more detail to grass/desert under the last headquarters?
What about a few shrubs or a flowerbed?
Soccerito wrote:I'm wondering that, on the 1st HQ, there is a road but will it be able to drive on it?
Skidd13 wrote:
Desolator wrote:Is it possible to have road vehs drive on the road tiles?
I'm not so deep into NFO. But I think they'll be only fake.
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

UPDATE!
I decided to do a bit more pixel randomness instead of adding more objects to the ground of the 5th HQ.
Added windows to the roof of the 3rd HQ.
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (11.83 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
---
---
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Much better! Seems you do not get bored to improve your work.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

In the right opposite of me.. :roll:
Skidd13 wrote:
Desolator wrote:Is it possible to have road vehs drive on the road tiles?
I'm not so deep into NFO. But I think they'll be only fake.
I'm a bit more deep in NFO, and IIRC, it's not possible for vehicles to drive on, as it's part of the HQ. (See it as one building.)
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

skidd13 wrote:UPDATE!
I decided to do a bit more pixel randomness instead of adding more objects to the ground of the 5th HQ.
Added windows to the roof of the 3rd HQ.
Excellent :) You're really not lazy in improving your graphics!
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

skidd13 I love your work, it's very nice.. :)

But theres something i dislike...

Your HQ 1 / 2 / 3 look great, really love them..

But 4 HQ and 5, look strange..

I mean, the 4 HQ is beautiful, and the 5 HQ doesn't match it.. I mean in 4 HQ you have a big building, and the 5 HQ compared to 4 is small...
5 HQ looks like the US White House..

It would be better to switch there position, 4 passes to 5 and 5 passes to 4?

This is just my opinion, and even if it's coded like this it stills is a great set :)

Keep the good work skidd13 :)
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

develpoing on your point.
I would say HQ 4 should be HQ 5
and there should be a new HQ 4, as there is a massive jump in between HQ 3 & 4
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Dropzone
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dropzone »

I'll have a go at coding it, if you want. In fact, I've already got HQ 3 done (see the screenshot). There's no real need for you to cut the buildings up - it's probably easier if I do that myself.

...and I just noticed that I used the old version of that HQ instead of the one with the windows in the roof. I'll fix that.
Attachments
scr3.png
scr3.png (14.55 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

I am very pleased to hear that the sprites are well received. :D

To the point of changeing the US White House from the place of the 5th HQ I'd say no untill I've a nice usage for the sprites. To solve the problems for people who don't like it as HQ I'd suggest a parameter to switch to an optional HQ. I'll think over a nice one, or are there suggestions (real US buildings of cause). :)
DropZone wrote:I'll have a go at coding it, if you want. In fact, I've already got HQ 3 done (see the screenshot). There's no real need for you to cut the buildings up - it's probably easier if I do that myself.

...and I just noticed that I used the old version of that HQ instead of the one with the windows in the roof. I'll fix that.
Looks fine in game. It would be nice if you'd go on with coding. ... and sent me a copy for betatesting ;)
Is it possible to have two HQ's in arctic and tropic. I could draw a djungle and a snow variant too.
---
---
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

skidd13 wrote:I am very pleased to hear that the sprites are well received. :D

To the point of changeing the US White House from the place of the 5th HQ I'd say no untill I've a nice usage for the sprites. To solve the problems for people who don't like it as HQ I'd suggest a parameter to switch to an optional HQ. I'll think over a nice one, or are there suggestions (real US buildings of cause). :)
Your US White House is excellent and you are right ... it should not be wasted. That said, it does seem rather out of place as the 5th HQ. It would make an excellent tourist attraction though, perhaps as part of a set of US tourist attractions ... a little something for you to do when the banks and HQs are done. :wink:

My rational for the HQs is that as our companies grow, we need more space for all those people we must hire to run them. Your 4th HQ, with its modern looks, fits this need beautifully. Another building that would look good as an HQ would be the United Nations building in New York City.
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

I'd say World Trade Center towers as the 5th HQ. They were the biggest buildings in the world.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

I vote for the Chrysler Building ;)
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

wallyweb wrote:... It would make an excellent tourist attraction though, perhaps as part of a set of US tourist attractions ... a little something for you to do when the banks and HQs are done. :wink:
Nice idea. I still like it as HQ, but if it is a tourist attraction, it should be turned off (aka second choise via parameter).

Comments to the suggested buildings (Don't take them personal):
wallyweb wrote:Another building that would look good as an HQ would be the United Nations building in New York City.
Quite simple -> Not challenging. Again NYC.
Desolator wrote:I'd say World Trade Center towers as the 5th HQ.
Nice idea, but I don't dare to draw them respective to the small space I have. Very high. Again NYC. Already drawn before.
Sleepie wrote:I vote for the Chrysler Building ;)
Nice architecture. Very high. Again NYC. Already drawn before.
N8king wrote:The Standard Oil Building, NY
Nice architecture. Hard to find photos from another side (Most are from Liberty Island direction). Again NYC.

I thought over a building with around 25-40 floors, nice architecture and located not in NYC, cause the Flat Iron one is also from there.
---
---
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

How about the Sears tower? You like a challenge :P

Return to “Graphics Development”