[OTTD] Darkmast49's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Darkmast49's Screenshots

Post by Samwise »

Good morning to you all! :) This morning I've started a new game in OpenTTD, Using:

- Canadian Station Set
- Harbour Station Set
- US Train Set (May be an old version, from the time I left in December)

Only three screenshots right now, but that'll increase soon! ;)
Attachments
03.png
And the complete network in one screenshot. As you can see, it's not that big. But hey, I started this game 30 minutes ago! :)
(315.13 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
02.png
The huge passenger service, close-up! On the east you can just see a coal station, heading through a tunnel to the north.
(309.73 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
01.png
First things first. This is the main capital, Sanway. As you can see it has grown a lot in just less than 2 years! Up north is the coal deposit station, and in the south there is the main passenger station of Sanway, the rails is heading SW.
(296.89 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Nice shots! :D

You're missing a buffer at Sanway East ;) Oh, and how do the passengers get to the station at Sanway central, there are no access roads ;)
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

I knew about that buffer, but there was no room left :cry: And the passengers? They just have to walk through the grass, those buggers :P
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Hmmm... we need a 'muddy doormat' grf then... ;) :lol:
Darkmast49 wrote:I knew about that buffer, but there was no room left :cry:
Build an extra platform tile where the fenced rail is, then overwrite a buffer to the Northwest corner! :D
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

There you go :P
Attachments
Sanway Transport, 22nd Dec 1951.png
(336.18 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Sanway Transport, 15th Nov 1951.png
(285.02 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

hehehe! Superb!

(Although, this is what I was thinking for the Central...)
photoshop edit:
Attachments
Sanway Central edit.png
Sanway Central edit.png (161.4 KiB) Viewed 4042 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Meh, I would need an other roadset then :P

Anyways, these screenshots are taken from my latest game on Kirk's server. I only display one station, but next to this there is a hell of a big coal complex which makes 800k a year! :D

Picture 001, Ledtown, 1955.

The local authority has granted me the permission to start two single railways to make some money in this area. One's heading for the eastern section, one going southwards.

What they didn't do, is to grant me the permission to make normal platforms, so these grass terrains will have to do..

Picture 002, Ledtown, 1959.

Things have surely changed here! Ledtown realised that two single railways weren't enough to support te large amount of passenger waiting at Ledtown Central, so I had the permission to make one (Indeed, just ONE) railway with dual rails. Though, I did got the permission to electrify the other one, so I could run faster trains on this track.

Also, I have been granted some platforms from the local authority, and a bus service has been established to another city.

Picture 003, Ledtown, 1960.

When my architects heard the news, they couldn't believe it! They were allowed to build an airport next to the station! Trains and Buses weren't able to handle the massive amount of passengers (While there were running two buses and four trains), so Ledtown decided to start Aircraft servicing.

Meanwhile, you can also see a glimp of my coal network. Up north is the local drop off point for coal.

Hope you'll enjoy them, stay tuned! :D
Attachments
003.png
(348.15 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
002.png
(351.07 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
001.png
(354.29 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Nice! And Im liking the stories too! :)
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Thanks, and here's the fourth screenshot :wink:

Picture 004, Ledtown, 1966.

The local authority is really thrilled with the excellent passenger service, so I was allowed to make the electrified railway partly double railway, so that more trains can run on it! :D

Also, a small wood service has started near Ledtown, transporting some wood with trucks. It's really funny to view all those vehicles running around like ants :D

Oh and on an other note, the coal mine in the far south suddently started producing twice as more! (It's producing 720 tonnes of coal right now!) So there's big boom of income increase, and the amount of trains running on that track has doubled also.
Attachments
004.png
(324.7 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Coby Transport, January 28th, 1990.

Some new secret development, on a secret airport in a secrect place, testing some secret airplanes which has yet to be released..
Attachments
The French Concorde
The French Concorde
Airplane.PNG (165.12 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Some screenshots of my last game again :)
Attachments
... and to the right.
... and to the right.
Ludy3.PNG (292.8 KiB) Viewed 3564 times
To the left..
To the left..
Ludy2.PNG (154.52 KiB) Viewed 3569 times
Main station.
Main station.
Ludy1.PNG (223.14 KiB) Viewed 3570 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

continued.
Attachments
And the final destination!
And the final destination!
Ludy5.PNG (139.67 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
We go further on the right track.
We go further on the right track.
Ludy4.PNG (140.77 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Same game as above, but added some grf's to make it look nicer :)
Attachments
Ludingstoke Transport, 19th Jan 2004.png
(370.43 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Right, started over again on a new game, and I SWEAR that I'll finish off this map! :lol: I'll post screenshots of every update in the game, so you can see nicely how I made up my networks 8)

I'll use the following NewGRF's (in OpenTTD version 0.5.0):

-DB Set V0.82 XL
-Planeset V1.5.3 (I've never used this one before, so I'll be testing it quite a bit :) )
-Container freight station and harbour
-NewShips

I may add some more station newgrfs for nicer stations, but for now it isn't needed..
Attachments
And the second line, a dual-line passenger service between 2 slightly large cities.
And the second line, a dual-line passenger service between 2 slightly large cities.
SCR0003.PNG (127.16 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
And the first train. A nice V140 Diesel Engine hauling some iron wagons to the nearest steel mill.
And the first train. A nice V140 Diesel Engine hauling some iron wagons to the nearest steel mill.
SCR0002.PNG (157.15 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
The map, for now. You can see my first rail already running, and you can see the reason why I'll use ships ^^
The map, for now. You can see my first rail already running, and you can see the reason why I'll use ships ^^
SCR0001.PNG (24.81 KiB) Viewed 623 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

And the next bunch.. I expanded only a little bit, as my max loan is 500k, and those ships are costing some loads of cash! Though, the profit of it is very good :)
Attachments
.. Tratchester! It's the closest city from the island, with a nice bay where ships are able to drop off their goods.
.. Tratchester! It's the closest city from the island, with a nice bay where ships are able to drop off their goods.
SCR0006.PNG (116.8 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
And the wood drop off bay. I've set up a small line to serve the goods from the sawmill to the ship. Ship? You might ask. Well, since this is an island without cities, it has to go to..
And the wood drop off bay. I've set up a small line to serve the goods from the sawmill to the ship. Ship? You might ask. Well, since this is an island without cities, it has to go to..
SCR0005.PNG (187.75 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Citizens celebrate! etc.. First wood train build =)
Citizens celebrate! etc.. First wood train build =)
SCR0004.PNG (104.85 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

4 years later, everything just seems to explode! :D Good for me, loads more profit!
Attachments
And there is Tratchester again! With a new trainline to transport the grain and livestock to the nearest factory, not far away.
And there is Tratchester again! With a new trainline to transport the grain and livestock to the nearest factory, not far away.
SCR0009.PNG (219.06 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
Some loads of goods waiting at the station to be transferred by ship. Perhaps I should build more ships..
Some loads of goods waiting at the station to be transferred by ship. Perhaps I should build more ships..
SCR0008.PNG (101.46 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
There were also two farms on the island, so their goods have to be taken to the nearest factory.. And you bet so, by ship!
There were also two farms on the island, so their goods have to be taken to the nearest factory.. And you bet so, by ship!
SCR0007.PNG (116.87 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

And the next bunch.
Attachments
The current overview of the map. I connected some industries, but not all yet ;-)
The current overview of the map. I connected some industries, but not all yet ;-)
SCR0012.PNG (25.6 KiB) Viewed 596 times
That is what I was talking about.. I hope this lasts long ^^
That is what I was talking about.. I hope this lasts long ^^
SCR0011.PNG (223.46 KiB) Viewed 2967 times
The factory where the grain and livestock are taken to.
The factory where the grain and livestock are taken to.
SCR0010.PNG (101.35 KiB) Viewed 2966 times

Return to “Screenshots”