[TTDP] TransFlex

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

As I need to update my rolling stock soon, I added some new info to the details:

PS: Michael, I need more newstation stuff!
Attachments
extradetails.png
extradetails.png (11.29 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

it says beware the parentheses.
Yeah, for some reason (or the other) this forum doesn´t like parentheses and/or other special symbols in URLs. Anyway, a "wye" (am.) or a "triangle" (brit.) is used to turn whole trains, instead of just the engine (usually done on a turntable).

BTW, another relic from the steam age would be the "Wendestern" (lit. "turning star"), which is a five-pointed "star" allowing to turn an engine without using a turntable in a much smaller space than a "triangle" would allow to.

The only one left that I know of is in Italy, on the Vintschgau Railway (Meran-Mals):

http://www.bahnbilder.de/name/einzelbil ... set/0.html

PS: Michael, I need more newstation stuff!
Oskar, from your screenshot it seems you´d need more (newer) steamers instead of stations. :P

regards
Michael
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Sorry for the OT, I have seen one of those Triangles to turn whole trains on the Wengernalpbahn at Kleine Scheidegg, Bernese Oberland in Switzerland. The trains have a power coach which is always facing down hill and as Kleine Scheidegg is the summit of the line the power unit would end up facing up hill so if the coupling should break the carraiges can whizz off down the hill! ok a bit extreme... The interesting thing about the Triangle at KS is that it is in a tunnel, the entrance of it can be seen on the left of this picture:
you can also make out the other entrance (it's where there is a train sitting perpendicular to the rest)
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Well the main coal line from north east to south west was updated already:
Attachments
transflex_1978.png
(417.87 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Return to “Screenshots”