moderators please... come and close this flaming thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

ppl in this section are too stupid for me, I give up
Last edited by MagicBuzz on 22 Dec 2006 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2215
Joined: 06 May 2004 09:10
Location: Sydney

Post by BobDendry »

ppl hu started this topic are too stupid for me, I give up
Last edited by BobDendry on 22 Dec 2006 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Lachie
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

ppl in this section are too stupid for me, I give up
Last edited by MagicBuzz on 22 Dec 2006 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2215
Joined: 06 May 2004 09:10
Location: Sydney

Post by BobDendry »

ppl hu started this topic are too stupid for me, I give up
Last edited by BobDendry on 22 Dec 2006 09:58, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as Lachie
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

ppl in this section are too stupid for me, I give up
Last edited by MagicBuzz on 22 Dec 2006 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2215
Joined: 06 May 2004 09:10
Location: Sydney

Post by BobDendry »

ppl hu started this topic are too stupid for me, I give up
Last edited by BobDendry on 22 Dec 2006 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Lachie
User avatar
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2845
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 10:02
Contact:

Post by Aegir »

And while he's an idiot, he's our idiot. Abusing him is a priveledge that must be earned by contributions towards the community :twisted:.
Former NewGRF Coder and Sprite Artist.

Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, IRC and Discord.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
User avatar
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2566
Joined: 15 Oct 2003 22:00
Location: Jarrow, UK
Contact:

Post by Brianetta »

I just love the way we can enjoy reasoned debate here, without people really spitting out their dummies.

MagicBuzz, I'm sorry to say that my opinion of you has tumbled some.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
User avatar
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3053
Joined: 24 Feb 2003 18:45
Location: Hong Kong

Post by Darkvater »

*grmbl*

There is absolutely no need to flame this poor chap, just cause he hasn't gotten onto the 'realism brandwagon', and just wanting to play as he has always played. A few years back, every TTDP user, including me, was hauling coal with the turbotrain and that was perfectly acceptable.

*grmbl #2*
Last edited by Darkvater on 22 Dec 2006 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
User avatar
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 8515
Joined: 08 Jul 2004 22:14
Skype: wile.e.coyote2
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

:roll:

(I know this is against forum rules, but that's my only comment on this)
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.


Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
User avatar
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Posts: 11509
Joined: 15 Dec 2002 00:58
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...
Contact:

Post by Raichase »

MagicBuzz wrote:ppl in this section are too stupid for me, I give up
Good to see you are able to participate in discussions in the big boy forums. Honestly, what have you achieved with this? Yeah, sure some people crtiqued your screenshots.

The CORRECT response was to respond to them in a civil and polite way, instead of stooping to their level.

Instead, you chose to (not only) take your bat and ball and go home, but you also chose to throw sand at people you were playing with. Hell, with that topic title, you also managed to drop a nuke on the whole damned playground. Because, you're tarring people like myself, with the same brush, by saying that "people in this section are too stupid for me".

So, you bet your bottom dollar that I'm offended. I don't take kindly to people offering broad statements against my friends in my community (not my community in that I own it, but mine in that I am a part of it).

So yeah, a big clap to you for not taking the high road here. Thats the lesson in life kids, if someone disagrees with you, rather than stating your reasons and agreeing to disagree, immediatly run away, and then from a safe distance, throw out an insult. Yeah, that'll work.

There is nothing I hate more in this world than a whiny princess. I'm not accusing you of anything, but I think most people here can connect the dots. Some people live their lives wrapped in cotton wool, then complain when someone doesn't treat them like they are the only person in the world that counts.

I'm appalled by your conduct in this thread. I had a fair bit more respect for you, until I saw.... this
Darkvater wrote:There is absolutely no need to flame this poor chap, just cause he hasn't gotten onto the 'realism brandwagon'
The only person I consider to be "flaming" here was Lightglobe, and it couldn't be about the realism thing, because Lightglobe is all about the 1337 savegame :)).
and just wanting to play as he has always played. A few years back, every TTDP user, including me, was hauling coal with the turbotrain and that was perfectly acceptable.
Actually, even from the get-go, I wasn't using MU's for anything other than passengers, mail, "goods" and valubles. I've always stived to recreate railroads as they appear IRL.

Granted, I don't have a problem with people playing for efficiancy, because I consider that one hell of a valid reason to play TTD.
Wile E. Coyote wrote::roll:

(I know this is against forum rules, but that's my only comment on this)
Ironically, your explanation made it pro-forum rules. If you were attempting to rebel, you failed. Which is okay, 'cause I like you too much to rouse on you ;).

Now, MagicBuzz, if you're over it, and would like to repost your screenshots, nobody will stop you. However, you have to be able to accept and respond to critisism. If you are offended by some critism, contact the person privatly, or contact a moderator or admin. Having a public hissy fit does little to defuse the situation.

Raichase out.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

Raichase wrote:
MagicBuzz wrote:ppl in this section are too stupid for me, I give up
Good to see you are able to participate in discussions in the big boy forums. Honestly, what have you achieved with this? Yeah, sure some people crtiqued your screenshots.
I posted some screens.
Many people here told me I was stupid and idiot.
May be you think it's not a insult, but it is, just like dumb ass, mother f*** on any other insult.

Next, I explained why I did my network like that, and I was totally flamed by people saying "stfu use ukrs". What a nice discussion.

That's why I just think their are really stupid people in this section, and it's my last post in it.

Sorry for other people who are not so stupid.
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

Raichase wrote:The CORRECT response was to respond to them in a civil and polite way, instead of stooping to their level.
Oh (sorry, this time it's the last one).

Someone tell me "with UKRS that's like this, you're stupid etc."
I reply "i don't use UKRS".
Then 4 ou 5 other people come and say the same thing "you're a lamer, use UKRS"... I'm sorry, but i loose patience.

I didn't flame nor anything about the critisis about my screens. Only about the fact noone was reading at all any of my explaination.
User avatar
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 226
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 10:12
Location: Norway, but Danish...

Post by Michael24 »

MagicBuzz:

There is no need to feel like an idiot. Accepting critisim would make it A LOT easier if you did'nt think ppl are out to get you.

No reason to call ppl stupid, insteed of getting pissed and leaving this part of the forum, try to look passed it and accept that ppl are different and that we dont all think alike. When writing in a forum, ironi, sarcasm and so on, is not easy to understand.

Enjoy, it christmas ffs! :wink:
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

Michael24 wrote:MagicBuzz:

There is no need to feel like an idiot. Accepting critisim would make it A LOT easier if you did'nt think ppl are out to get you.

No reason to call ppl stupid, insteed of getting pissed and leaving this part of the forum, try to look passed it and accept that ppl are different and that we dont all think alike. When writing in a forum, ironi, sarcasm and so on, is not easy to understand.

Enjoy, it christmas ffs! :wink:
it's far less easy tio understand that me a like 50% of people that come here can't speak english very well.

now someone tell me i'm an idiot, giving invalid arguments (i mean, saying "ukrs trains are slower because wagons have speed limit" is a nonsense as default trains can't even raich this speed limit), i just have to defend myself. but i can't accept being insulted like this. not only insult, mostly the fact noone read (nor tested) my parameters explanations.
User avatar
Lightglobe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Mar 2004 09:03
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Lightglobe »

Honestly, my first response was pretty timid by my standards. I questioned how you had setup your network by saying that it MAY be overkill. And then even went on to say whatever floats your boat. You came back with what I felt was a snarky reply, so I of course replied in my more standard fashion of being an ass because at that point I felt you honestly deserved it.

Seeing the rest of the thread, I'm thinking I wasn't wrong.
Yarr, thar princess is in 'nother castle!

[16:28] <marcf> lol cant u comine ttd and ottd
[16:29] <marcf> (please don't take me seriously)
User avatar
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2566
Joined: 15 Oct 2003 22:00
Location: Jarrow, UK
Contact:

Post by Brianetta »

MagicBuzz wrote:now someone tell me i'm an idiot, giving invalid arguments (i mean, saying "ukrs trains are slower because wagons have speed limit" is a nonsense as default trains can't even raich this speed limit), i just have to defend myself.
Now I feel I must defend myself, since it's me you just quoted. I never called you an idiot. I never call anybody an idiot. Insulting the intellect is a grave offence in my book.

As for my "invalid argument," I think you'll find it's quite valid. We weren't telling you to use UKRS, we were telling you that your problem was not caused by slow trains. We used UKRS as an example of trains, that are even slower than yours, still being able to perform well.

You say "default trains can't even reach this speed limit" - this is not true. To pick an example, a UKRS coal truck can't go faster than 96km/h, which is much slower than a 200km/h passenger loco. If you used UKRS, your early coal trains would be no faster than 72km/h, because the oldest coal trucks are even slower still.

All I was asking of you was to make statements about things only when you actually know the details. You made broad statements which weren't based on fact, not only about the content of the game but also about the people you were talking to.

Please, pull it together. If your English isn't good, try to spend more time with what we're writing, because we weren't simply insulting you. This forum is not normally hostile. We like to help people to enjoy the game. This includes you. If you want to start again, please do so, and try to remain calmer.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

Lightglobe wrote:Honestly, my first response was pretty timid by my standards. I questioned how you had setup your network by saying that it MAY be overkill. And then even went on to say whatever floats your boat. You came back with what I felt was a snarky reply, so I of course replied in my more standard fashion of being an ass because at that point I felt you honestly deserved it.

Seeing the rest of the thread, I'm thinking I wasn't wrong.
I just said,and I'm sorry if you misunderstood my reply that I was using default GRFs (I mean default trains, defaults graphics and so on) with the OTTD parameters : start date : 1927 / weight multiplier : x4.
At this age, there is only one train, that can produce only 860hp. It's too less for 5 carriages with x4 weight multiplier. By this way, the trains can't run faster than 27km/h.
Because of this, I had to destroy all my cross way, then do dedicated lines for each line, because even with PBS, the trains were too slow, and all cross section were sources of traffic jams.
Thus, efficient cross ways need tunels or bridges. That means the trains changing direction to slow down just before entering the intersection (because of the tunel). Then the trains were running at 13km/h in the sections. That wasn't efficient at so, so I planed to redisign all my network to use only dedicated lines. And even with dedicated lines, I still got traffic jams at the stations entrances and every climbing section.

Just after this, someone started flaming telling with UKRS the trains were more powerfull and were able to run at 120km/h since 1920 with these settings. I agree, but I didn't use UKRS... After this all interventions on this thread were about insulting me, and telling I was wrong, UKRS provided trains faster than I said. So I started flamming, asking if noone was able to read here.
After this, it became a total nonsense in this thread.

I know you first comments were just comments and tips. I agreed, but that wans't applicable for my settings.
User avatar
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: 15 Feb 2003 17:32
Location: Vergezac, France

Post by MagicBuzz »

Brianetta wrote:We used UKRS as an example of trains, that are even slower than yours, still being able to perform well.
No, sorry, UKRS trains are faster (because they are more powerfull) than starting default trains.

The most powerfull train in the default parameters is 860hp and 64 km/h top speed : this means with 5 carriages, it can't reach 30km/h and need arround 10/15 tiles to reach 20km/h
The most powerfull train in UKRS is about 3000hp and 100 km/h top speed : this means with 5 carriages, it can reach 100 km/h in arround 3 tiles.
Thus, carriage speed limit is not applicable in the early age, as the carriages are limited to 128 km/h (in OTTD at least)

PS : I don't know how works the TTDPatch, but OTTD can use "realistic" acceleration (two differents flags) that take in account mostly the power and weight of the train. Because of this, you can have a train that deliver 200hp and run up to 600km/h, i will never be able to run faster than 10km/h with 5 carriages.
User avatar
Lightglobe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Mar 2004 09:03
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Lightglobe »

MagicBuzz wrote:The most powerfull train in UKRS is about 3000hp and 100 km/h top speed : this means with 5 carriages, it can reach 100 km/h in arround 3 tiles.
I don't know which UKRS you've been playing, but I'm up to 1946 with my game and my strongest freight train is 88kph and 1,550hp. And some of the freight rolling stock is limited to 72kph.

Although there is a PASSENGER engine with 168kph and 2000hp. But its got crap all tractive effort so good luck getting that to pull anything.
Yarr, thar princess is in 'nother castle!

[16:28] <marcf> lol cant u comine ttd and ottd
[16:29] <marcf> (please don't take me seriously)
Locked

Return to “Screenshots”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests