Update GRFwizard request

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Update GRFwizard request

Post by Zimmlock »

As a artist i uses the GRFwizard a lot, but now new features are implemented in to the grfcodec, like the sprite crop thing.

Can somebody update the wizard (add a button or so) that selects the crop feature and executs it?
And if there are other features i am not aware off add them to this GUI?

Greetings
Zimmlock
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Probably we must wait for Andrex to do update (or if he provides source code, somebody able to do updates).
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I believe Andrex released the source code[*] saying he was only going to work on TTDXC.
I could be wrong though...

[*] - Which is Visual Basic 6.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

"Released" is not much good if nobody knows where to look.

I've got a copy of VB 7.1 somewhere, and it might be possible to bribe me[0] to install that abomination of a language, but such bribe will be useless without the source code.

[0] With a replacement hard drive, so I can uninstall by way of sending this one to the incinerator.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, if he did indeed release it (I have the source to, hm, NFO Wizard I think), then I could probably implement new features, or someone else who uses VB6 could do. I personally wouldn't really want to see it done in VB.NET, if only because you'd need about 20MB of dependencies to go with it...
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Well, the other option is to write a new tool. Some time ago I've started a project along those lines, but never really finished it, since personally I have no real use for such a tool and my real work got in the way. However, I suppose I could have another go at it, since GRFWizard is getting more and more out of date.

The program is written in C++ using WTL for the GUI (this was rather specific, since I wanted to get more experience with WTL).

Some of the requirements that I was considering were:
  • Launching of grfcodec and related tools
  • Support for multiple languages
  • Management of multiple configurations for the various tools:
    • options and their values
    • working directories
    • filenames (to allow easy repetition of the same task, like encoding one particular GRF while coding it)
  • Open source
I realise that the above list is somewhat sparse - it's been a while now, since I thought about it and this is just to provide an general idea of what it's about. Do you think it's worth resurrecting this project? If so, I'd be willing to have another go at it.

minime

--------

A few concept screens:
Image Image
Main dialog and a sys-tray menu providing an alternative way to launch the tools.

Image Image
Tool dialog (for grfcodec in decode mode) and the corresponding option dialog.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Update GRFwizard request

Post by Andrex »

Zimmlock wrote:As a artist i uses the GRFwizard a lot, but now new features are implemented in to the grfcodec, like the sprite crop thing.

Can somebody update the wizard (add a button or so) that selects the crop feature and executs it?
I didn't know there was such a feature... but I guess you could do that with the NFO Editor tool, that manages sprites separately with ease.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

No, it does not. With one possible exception, any NFO file generated by GRFCodec 0.9.6 or later will cause NFOEditor to tight-loop when opening the file. As I informed you ages ago.
*Checks PM log* Specifically, Wed Jun 01, 2005 23:58:33 (GMT -5).

The exception? NFOEditor may work properly if the GRF in question contains no real-sprites. I've never been curious enough to check, since NFOEditor is utterly useless on such a file.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Suggestions”