[ART] Blueprints

Development discussion about Transport Empire. Other discussion to General forum please.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

[ART] Blueprints

Post by Need_Help »

As I saw some post asking for question about the model, how about we take the blueprints from this site:
http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.php?blueprints/

So far this is the best website for blueprints. (heard it from 3DK forum, and I am a member of that forum too) I don't know will it be able to use in Blender, but I'm sure they can be used in 3DS Max (because I'm using it).

I think I will make an example model soon after this post.....

Edit : It also helps us to make nice texture, just 'colour' and maybe add something at the blueprint and thats it. (I haven't check is it 'free for use', but since its free for us to use and the game is not commercial, I think we can use it.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Wow, that's a really cool site. Amazing too see what they all have.
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

I think if we use it in the game, we can put it in the 'Game Art' section, although its not hand-drawn concept art :wink:

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'd say that site is worth a link in a sticky topic once we have a game art forum. I don't think it'll be necessary (and perhaps even be a violation of copyrights) to put them on these forums directly (if that's what you meant). It's something only artists need to make their models, and eventually it's only necessary to have the models posted on these forums.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

I mean, put a link or you can do it like that :
All images are from (link).

I think its better to write it if we use it in the game, maybe at somewhere in the credits page.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yeah, but why would we use them ingame?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

Because we might use it as our model texture, so we can save some work and its quite detailed, we just need to colour it.

XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

You can always use the blue-prints ingame for nice effects, I can imagine a drawing board with a blue print of a train on it in a research screen for example.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

True. Tho I wonder if blueprints are really good as a texture for models.
Image Image
aarona
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aarona »

I would have thought that blueprints would be more useful for people who want to make 3D models and are not really familiar with the shape of the vehicle in question.
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

Before I post more about this, I wanted to know is there UVW Mapping in blender? Or, do you know how to 'align' the texture? I am using 3DS Max 8 and Adobe Photoshop CS2 for all the works.

Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

I found a tutorial for setting up blue prints in Blender
http://www.blendernation.com/2006/10/23/blueprints/

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Please edit your previous next time if your addition is within 24 hours of your previous post. It'll definetly be spotted.
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

Oh, sorry for that. At first I thought it doesn't have the feature to add the blueprints in Blender 3D, so....after that I found it, then I post it in a new post so that people can see it more easily.

XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Need_Help wrote:Oh, sorry for that. At first I thought it doesn't have the feature to add the blueprints in Blender 3D, so....after that I found it, then I post it in a new post so that people can see it more easily.

You could make planes (don't know what they're called in blender) and apply the blueprint to that, this way you can also see the blueprints in your perspective view (as found in 3DSM).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

I never use Blender, so I don't know anything about that. I am using 3DS Max 8.

Return to “Transport Empire Development”