Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.2 25/02/2013

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

jpmaster wrote:I downloaded this for Openttd Nightlies, and it did not replace the original helicopters with the new ones.
The AV8 helicopters work just fine for me.

Very nice set PikkaBird! :)
Attachments
OpenTTD_AV8.png
OpenTTD_AV8.png (118.24 KiB) Viewed 7117 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I really love to see those planes taking off/landing, very nicely done :).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Indeed, that detail is awesome :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

you know, i never really liked planes. but i downloaded this and added it in OTTD and build same, for the sake of trying it. and wow, it's brilliance. truly bizarre! :D great work!
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

astath wrote:you know, i never really liked planes.
Try setting up a few airlines at the start of the game. It's quite profitable. My favourite planes are the Douglas DC-9, Boeing 707 and 747. It makes a lot more profit than trains, and they are easier to build. :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

How come Planeset has 41 different aircraft, but Av8 only 30, and all slots are already used? I'd like to see the Lockheed Tristar and B787 in the set too. :) And perhaps another helicopter.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I think the IDs are taken by planes not yet available, such as the Seaplanes, which are awaiting newairports.
BlasterTransport
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BlasterTransport »

funney, te other day, one of my friends saw a seaplane in the list of planes and when he tried to start it up, it said cannot start up, requires seaport or someting...
purely OpenTTD
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

BlasterTransport wrote:funney, te other day, one of my friends saw a seaplane in the list of planes and when he tried to start it up, it said cannot start up, requires seaport or someting...
Interesting. Either you're talking complete rubbish or there is a bug in your friend's version - I've played this set from 1925 - 2050 and no seaplane ever occurs.

I suspect you're talking rubbish though (or at least your friend is) It seems unlikely that Pikka would draw and code graphics for a feature that does not yet exist. In fact I suspect that the framework required to code graphics in such a way is yet to exist.

Perhaps Pikka can shed a little light on this?
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Sounds like complete rubbish. How would such a message even be displayed, with no code to recognise seaports?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Someone is talking a little bullsh*t?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

BlasterTransport wrote:funney, te other day, one of my friends saw a seaplane in the list of planes and when he tried to start it up, it said cannot start up, requires seaport or someting...
Could it be that would be some buggy test version of OpenTTD?
Image Image
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

I recall getting a similar message with the pre-release test version I found on Pikka's blog. BlasterTransport, tell your friend to update his version.

Don't the rest of you (minus Purno) look like asses now? :?
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

that wouldn't be much of a problem as long as they were supermodels's asses.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

lifeblood wrote:Don't the rest of you (minus Purno) look like asses now? :?
They do, IMO. Even tho this guy got a few post, that doesn't mean he's that stupid. That's one of the reasons I posted here. Shame on you guys, seriously.
Image Image
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Yup, there definitely was a version with a seaplane in it :-)
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

dun dun dun... :lol:
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

correct. One of the early test versions contained one plane requiring a seaport. Also, instead of small or large airport types, it had a not of the required runway length for each aircraft, some with 3, 4, 5 and 6, IRC
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

So what did we learn today? Never judge a forum member by its postcount.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Hyronymus wrote:So what did we learn today? Never judge a forum member by its postcount.
i´ll just add that to the list right after "colour of skin" and "sexual preference", won´t i. anyone else got some suggestions?

Return to “Graphics Development”