trains won't load

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
jgf
Engineer
Engineer

trains won't load

Post by jgf »

Recently d/l'd Simu_Full.zip (files dated 30 July 2003) and, while it runs quite well on my system, I have one major problem: the trains won't load!. Trucks and busses function normally, and I've had no such problems in older versions of Simutrans. I can set up a simple line - haul coal from the mine to a power station - set a schedule and the train will go to the coal mine station and just sit there; the coal mine shows full capacity but nothing shows in the station nor in the train.

Attached is a screenshot of one such incidence with, hopefullym all pertinent windows open. What am i doing wrong?
Attachments
simscr00.PNG
simscr00.PNG (441.66 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

In new pak128, the simple plattform accepts nothing. You need to extend it with an extension building that enables frei or use a station that enable freight. This are indicated by the sand piles in the menu.
jgf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jgf »

prissi wrote:In new pak128, the simple plattform accepts nothing. You need to extend it with an extension building that enables frei or use a station that enable freight. This are indicated by the sand piles in the menu.
I tried that for a route hauling oil to a power plant, added the oil storage tank to the platform but still nothing showed on the platform and still the trains won't load. I'll try again with a different station and see what happens.
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

try adding a freight warehouse to the receiving station too.

I'll go and do some tests, but I'm pretty sure this is the answer.

EDIT: Confirmed. You need both stations to be able to deal with freight to transport it effectively.

Regards
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
jgf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jgf »

Tried last night to transport oil, put one of everything by the platform - still no cargo.
Attachments
simscr01.png
simscr01.png (422.74 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

If there is no connection, i.e. no train defined, then the cargo will find no route and will not be loaded. Define a train and give it a schedule and then oil will be loaded until the power station overflows.
jgf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jgf »

prissi wrote:If there is no connection, i.e. no train defined, then the cargo will find no route and will not be loaded. Define a train and give it a schedule and then oil will be loaded until the power station overflows.
Actually it was your other suggestion - make certain both loading and receiving stations had the proper "attachments"; added an oil storage tank to the receiving station and it worked. Thanks.

BTW, what's the purpose of the "coal station"? a plain platform with attached bulk storage seems to work just as well.
Isaac.Eiland-Hall
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Isaac.Eiland-Hall »

jgf wrote:BTW, what's the purpose of the "coal station"?
Eye candy. :)
You can visit the Simutrans forum at http://forum.simutrans.com/
jgf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jgf »

Isaac.Eiland-Hall wrote:
jgf wrote:BTW, what's the purpose of the "coal station"?
Eye candy. :)
Fair enough.

Thanks to everyone for he help. I'm now actually making money in the game; much more difficult than TTDx/OTTD.

Return to “Simutrans”