Military Transport - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Military Transport - Development

Post by lobster »

i just love that picture. fukken saved.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Coxx »

Very usefull card :D .

I wonder what would be the aim of this idea. Modern warefare usually is about speed and movement, fixed infrastructure like railway is nothing but a prime target
But you might be interessed in this: http://www.wdlr.org.uk/
MeusH wrote:Maybye, if there would be a war in 2010, germans would sacrifice their shiny ICEs to transport things.
But it's more probable that they would hide them in top-secret depots and put a dirty diesels on-line.
Many countries had old steamers stored as a strategic reserve in secret depots.
index.jpg
index.jpg (46.22 KiB) Viewed 2471 times
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Coxx wrote:Many countries had old steamers stored as a strategic reserve in secret depots.
Electricity to the catenary can be easily cut off/sabotaged, but steamers and diesels carry their fuel inside them, so they are harder to take out ....
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

m4rek wrote:Image

Resurrect one thread from the graveyard...

Hm, currently, I'm in the mood on trying to code some NFO again. Mind if I have a look around in this thread and code the stuff available?
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

Well, the last post here was made in '06, so I figured this thread was dead and buried... If ya wanna breathe some life into it, be my guest. If you just wanna salvage the parts, that's also fine. Dig away! :wink:
Sabret00th
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sabret00th »

Since the useless spam kinda already started, I will suggest something I think didn't saw in this thread :

Armored trains :
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/ ... BV_F34.jpg
http://pic.srv5.wapedia.mobi/thumb/3c77 ... pg,png,gif
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3138/271 ... 4d3cf4.jpg
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

m4rek wrote:Well, the last post here was made in '06, so I figured this thread was dead and buried... If ya wanna breathe some life into it, be my guest. If you just wanna salvage the parts, that's also fine. Dig away! :wink:

Yay! :mrgreen: *Starts reading the NFO wiki once again xD*
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

Long time, no see ey...? I will be glad to do some work inbetween exams on some sprites maybe =]. Just hit me up at my email address, alexmaley@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Graphics_Master
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

If I had any skills I would help, but, I guess Ill just watch and gernerally try to keep you guys going, lets not have another 3 year slumber shall we :p

BTW those armored trains looks like, Tanks! Tanks on rails! I wonder how useful your tank is when it can't even go over the rough terrain in war zones :p

For this set, too bad you couldn't have it so that only areas of the map are a war zone, and others might be non militarized or homeland with your industries and where your troops come from :p
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Graphics Development”