[UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I think I might have to add a version with the tile edges, add it as a .grf parameter :P.

That I think is my only complaint, the texture blends in so perfectly you cannot really distinguish between a raised platform and the bare gravel behind it.

Personal preference I suppose :p.

Apart from that, it's looking fantastic!
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

How about renaming all the 'cattle's to 'livestock', since 'cattle' only applies for bovine animals, which pigs are not.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Here they be, as promised. Just a light sprinkling of snow, I think that's all they need. If it's not enough, let me know, perhaps it'll snow some more.

In light of what Aegir said about the raised platforms, I didn't winterize them yet. Perhaps they should be made a few shades lighter so they don't blend in with the gravel...
Attachments
basetiles_snow.png
basetiles_snow.png (11.09 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Aegir:
I see what you mean: I agree that it must be made different. What do you think about adding some fence to the edge not in the track side?
(see below)

White Rabbit:
Thanks for pointing that one! actually I have no idea about such an specific terminology... Please, if someone has better namings for what they are seeing, let us know too. For example, I saw the "cattle dock" named like that in the page where I found the pictures I used as a model for that one element. But about the pigs yard, no idea... and the same with "cattle sheds"

lifeblood:
Great! it's perfect that they are not fully covered with snow, actually that would make it quite confusing (@_@)
Attachments
fence.png
fence.png (2.63 KiB) Viewed 8395 times
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Excellent! That fence fits it perfectly.

No more complaints from me ;).

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Great then!

Here are the base platforms sprites.

I also attach here the first finished sprites for this new set: the livestock section. Maybe someone will have spare time enough to make a quick code and release a preview GRF... :D
Attachments
livestock.zip
(23.68 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
platforms.png
platforms.png (4.42 KiB) Viewed 8363 times
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Preview .grf eh? I reckon I might be able to pull that off, might, that is. I've got a lot of spare time on my hands tommorow.

I'll see what I can do ;).

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I thought of something new for livestock!
Some sets include the "milk" refit for tankers to be able to carry livestock.
So I created some milk containers (whatever they are called, I did't use "tankers" to avoid confussion with the train cars)
Attachments
livestock.png
livestock.png (28.44 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
licestock.png
licestock.png (29.92 KiB) Viewed 8168 times
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Are they individual 'Cow Houses' on the right-most platform?
I must admit, the use of green tones on the shelters makes then hard to distinguish from the base tiles... does it look different when on actual grass tiles?
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Hello again. Before being crushed with work for university, I've finished the snowy base sprites for you. Hope they meet the standard.

As well, here are some fences on offer I have drawn for the Canadian Stations Set. Feel free to use or disuse at your peril. (N.B.: I demand 2% of all profits made off this set :wink:)
Attachments
climbafence.png
climbafence.png (1.5 KiB) Viewed 8140 times
letitsnow.png
letitsnow.png (12.01 KiB) Viewed 8143 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Stevenh: actually I think that my choice for a background color wasn't the best one. The temperate grass color is a more pure green tone.
But now that you mention it, that might be a problem visually for the tropical grass. I'll check it out.

Lifeblood: I find your offer acceptable. I'll tell my secretary to contact with you for the details. As soon as the profits are coming in, you'll begin receiving your part. :]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I thought that meant he was also offering to cover 2% of the net losses (hosting, software purchase, support, &c.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Err, I don't recall seeing that in the contract.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Should read the small print, Lifeblood :wink:
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I like the milk storage tanks, I hope they get included.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

'Kay, Aegir. Here are the revised grain depot sprites that I've been working on. Fairly straight forward, just redrew and rearranged a few things. Also added some snow-covered sprites.

The ground tiles used are Sanchimaru's gravel and lifeblood's snowy gravel, which are both posted earlier in the thread. Also, the blue stripes around the silos are in company colors. I think that's all of the head's up you might need, if not drop a line here or at the Bar & Grill.

Cheers!
Attachments
Grain Depot Sprites Rev1.zip
(22.6 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Is the plan to do snow versions of all of the platforms?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Ameecher wrote:Is the plan to do snow versions of all of the platforms?
I believe so. We've already seen what they can look like, with the first set of platforms being snowified, so lets wait and see - certainly looks promising though :D
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Been kicking around a few ideas in #tycoon recently, figured I'd post them here before I go and forget them:
  • Goods station integration, use artwork from Born Acorn's goods stations set to expand the ISR set (Yeah, I've already coined an acronym for the set :P) to cover goods.

Harbors and dock integration, what will become of your harbor set, Sanchimaru? Should integrating it with ISR be something to consider?
These two things I think would provide us enough material to create a large, modular set that will CONQUER THE WORLD! YARR! Especially if we can bring about a consistent, quality look to the entire set.

In regards to size though, I think we're going to have to consider the fact that putting this all in one .grf is going to be an absolute nightmare to manage. I was thinking something along the lines of having the basic platforms in one .grf, agriculture related station elements in another, mining, goods, harbor, and so forth, in different .grf's. Not to mention, we're most likely going to need to use up at least 3-6 station classes for this set overall (I had this problem with Born Acorn's freight stations).

This will allow us to finish off individual sections of the set independent of the others, without running into the jumbled mess of a station list that other sets have run into. Plus, with only 19 station classes availible to begin with, it will allow users to swap out sections of the ISR set that they don't want to play with.[/list]

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I'm already back! I'll check out the last posts when I have more time :o

After a bracket now I want to draw a lot!

Return to “Graphics Development”