[UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

V453000 :)
President
President

Re: [UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Post by V453000 :) »

w00, NUTS is behind in cargo support :P need to fix that.
ImageImageImage
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

andythenorth wrote:Wow, quick FIRS support, thanks :D
My pleasure. :D
Auge wrote:
kamnet wrote:
mart3p wrote:Industrial Stations Renewal v1.0.2
ISR v1.0.2 does not support TTDPatch. TTDPatch players should continue to use ISR v0.8.2.
Just curious, any plans to eventually update the TTDPatch version with some of the improvements in the OpenTTD version?
<search />mart3p gave an explanation before he released the version 0.9.
Thanks Auge. Kamnet asked the same question after I released v1.0.1. I gave the same reply...
mart3p wrote:I've no plans to update the TTDPatch version unless bugs are found. Adding some of the newer ISR features would be much harder for TTDPatch.
alluke wrote:Nice! Could those nitrates tiles appear for ECS WDPR, since they look exactly like wood chips? :D
They do look like wood chips. :) I'm not sure about adding wood products to mineral tiles though. Maybe it would be better to make wood chips a random variation of the timber platforms, which already support wood products.
Sami2ss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sami2ss »

Firstly, I would like to start off saying that I have been using ISR ever since I started using OpenTTD and it is a great addition to the game for people who like to focus on making aesthetically pleasing games.

Secondly, I have a bit of a graphics bug to report here. I'm not keen on reading 100 pages, if you do understand, so I'm not sure if this is being updated still or if this bug has already been reported, but here it is -

In the picture I have attached, it seems instead of a sand or stone graphic, iron ore (circled with blue) is instead placed on the station when there is a certain amount of cargo waiting.

Before this started happening, however, stone was appearing. This was because the station was only supplying stone to a train that only accepted stone. This leads me to believe that this is a problem with the sand cargo. Once the amount of sand waiting was larger than the amount of stone, it began to start appearing on cargo dependent tiles as iron ore instead of the bright yellow sand, which can be seen in the red trucks on the left of the picture.

Although I can split up the truck station and the train station to allow stone piles to appear on the train platforms again, this will not fix the fact that, if I join a cargo dependent tile with the truck station, it will detect sand and instead make piles of iron ore appear.

I would like to mention that I am using FIRS.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (99.28 KiB) Viewed 7528 times
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Hi Sami2ss, welcome to the forum. :D
Sami2ss wrote:In the picture I have attached, it seems instead of a sand or stone graphic, iron ore (circled with blue) is instead placed on the station when there is a certain amount of cargo waiting.
Thanks for the bug report.

Although you say it is showing iron ore in the screenshot, it looks like sand to me. Iron ore has a redder colour.

I agree that the colour of sand used by ISR is not as yellow as that shown by the trucks and the FIRS sand quarry. I believe the colour was originally chosen to match the sand pit in George's ECS.

But should I change it? The problem is that sand comes in many different colours... :wink:

Edit: Iron ore would look like this...
iron_ore2.png
iron_ore2.png (13.29 KiB) Viewed 7473 times
Sami2ss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sami2ss »

mart3p wrote:Hi Sami2ss, welcome to the forum. :D
Sami2ss wrote:In the picture I have attached, it seems instead of a sand or stone graphic, iron ore (circled with blue) is instead placed on the station when there is a certain amount of cargo waiting.
Thanks for the bug report.

Although you say it is showing iron ore in the screenshot, it looks like sand to me. Iron ore has a redder colour.

I agree that the colour of sand used by ISR is not as yellow as that shown by the trucks and the FIRS sand quarry. I believe the colour was originally chosen to match the sand pit in George's ECS.

But should I change it? The problem is that sand comes in many different colours... :wink:

Edit: Iron ore would look like this...
iron_ore2.png
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I would like to point out that I haven't played with ECS in awhile, so I didn't realize that the sand in ECS is of a different color, nor did I remember the exact shade of iron ore.

I suppose this whole thing is just a matter of preference. It just immediately stood out to me that the sand in the trucks looked like grain, while the sand being placed right next to the truck station looked completely different (I was placing ISR train station objects without tracks which had bulldozers parked next to cargo dependent piles of mineral).

I suppose if this is the way you meant for this to be, there is obviously no problem here. It really does not particularly bother me, but if you ever get around to it and want to polish this a bit more, you might want to add something to detect whether the game is using ECS or FIRS and change the way the cargo looks accordingly. Thanks. :D
BermudaTri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BermudaTri »

Love the work! But I'm having trouble with the non-track gantry cranes. Is there anything that triggers their animations? It looks like all the cranes only move when a train is loading in "their" tile.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

BermudaTri wrote:Love the work! But I'm having trouble with the non-track gantry cranes. Is there anything that triggers their animations? It looks like all the cranes only move when a train is loading in "their" tile.
It is the train waiting at the station that animates them. No train, no animation.
BermudaTri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BermudaTri »

kamnet wrote:
BermudaTri wrote:Love the work! But I'm having trouble with the non-track gantry cranes. Is there anything that triggers their animations? It looks like all the cranes only move when a train is loading in "their" tile.
It is the train waiting at the station that animates them. No train, no animation.
So the cranes that don't have tracks below them never move?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

BermudaTri wrote:
kamnet wrote:
So the cranes that don't have tracks below them never move?
Nope.EDIT: apparently I was wrong. I simply don't ever remember seeing it. Oops.

I think the other non-track animated tiles are the ones that have cargo appear on them if there's any cargo waiting at the station. The only other track tiles that animate that I can think of are the sheds, their doors will open and close when a train approaches.
Last edited by kamnet on 09 Oct 2015 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

BermudaTri wrote:Love the work!
Thanks BermudaTri. :D
BermudaTri wrote:But I'm having trouble with the non-track gantry cranes. Is there anything that triggers their animations?
The non-track crane animations are triggered when cargo is delivered to the station. This is either delivery from an industry or by a train using a transfer order. There is also some randomness involved, to prevent all cranes on the station starting and stopping at the same time.
Pekkape
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pekkape »

ISR rocks. :)

The swedish translation is completed now at openttdcoop

//Pekka
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Pekkape wrote:ISR rocks. :)

The swedish translation is completed now at openttdcoop

//Pekka
Hi Pekka, thanks for the Swedish translation.

I will do the necessary updates and release a new version of ISR sometime soon. :)
Pekkape
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pekkape »

mart3p wrote: Hi Pekka, thanks for the Swedish translation.

I will do the necessary updates and release a new version of ISR sometime soon. :)
Nice. We look forward to it. :)
Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

Hi could anybody show me a pic of a complete marshaling yard and container yard to see how it works and give me some inspiration thanks
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 26 Jan 2021 00:01 Hi could anybody show me a pic of a complete marshaling yard and container yard to see how it works and give me some inspiration thanks
Look through the Screenshot of the Month topics on the Screenshot discussion forum.
Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

kamnet wrote: 26 Jan 2021 00:42
Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 26 Jan 2021 00:01 Hi could anybody show me a pic of a complete marshaling yard and container yard to see how it works and give me some inspiration thanks
Look through the Screenshot of the Month topics on the Screenshot discussion forum.
sorry, but could you send me the link for that forum I don't seem to find it. I don't use tt-forums for some time
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 26 Jan 2021 12:01
kamnet wrote: 26 Jan 2021 00:42
sorry, but could you send me the link for that forum I don't seem to find it. I don't use tt-forums for some time
Screenshot of the Month Competition :D
Nathkel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nathkel »

Was happily playing a game of OTTD with the JGR patch pack 52.1 using FIRS 3 and was unhappy with ISR Point 98 not showing enough Cargoes in the station graphics.
So, since my playing computer is offline, I went to my Android phone to try to see if there was a newer version of ISR. Lo and behold, this package has been maintained and now has version 1.0.2 with FIRS compatibility. I found the bananas website, but it seems to download, I have to do it from inside the game via the downloader. I'm not putting that computer on the internet. I just want to download to my phone and i can transfer from there.
I tried the link at the top of the thread for the "devzone" but kept getting a "508 Gateway Error."

So is there another way to access and download this latest version of ISR?
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Nathkel wrote: 05 Jun 2023 05:09 Was happily playing a game of OTTD with the JGR patch pack 52.1 using FIRS 3 and was unhappy with ISR Point 98 not showing enough Cargoes in the station graphics.
So, since my playing computer is offline, I went to my Android phone to try to see if there was a newer version of ISR. Lo and behold, this package has been maintained and now has version 1.0.2 with FIRS compatibility. I found the bananas website, but it seems to download, I have to do it from inside the game via the downloader. I'm not putting that computer on the internet. I just want to download to my phone and i can transfer from there.
I tried the link at the top of the thread for the "devzone" but kept getting a "508 Gateway Error."

So is there another way to access and download this latest version of ISR?
If you can download from the BaNaNas website, you can save the .grf to a thumb-drive or other form of removable media (depending on which device you're using this is easier said than done), then connect the thumb-drive to the offline computer.
Nathkel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nathkel »

No, i know how to do that. The problem is, there doesnt seem to be a download button at the bananas website. Or in this thread. I thought i needed to be signed in at bananas to download, but thats only for uploaders.

Any ideas?

Return to “Graphics Development”