[UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Industrial Stations Renewal (v 0.7.0 available!)

Post by mart3p »

Smaug wrote:The colour of the containers seems a bit dull now. In my opinion there should be more white and less red and green.
Yes, the container colours were discussed a couple of pages back. The consensus was that there are too many red ones. Hopefully we can persuade Sanchimaru to adjust the colours a bit for the next release.
Smaug wrote:...you forgot to include two directions for buffers (low) aswell as for buffers (high). In other words, the south directions are missing.
You haven't read the readme file. ;) The buffer directions are now automatic, build them and they will orientate themselves to the track/platform direction. If there is a track both sides a double buffer will be shown.
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Very nice work gentlemen! The way how the roads work and how the random station layouts work is just perfect!

When I have the time I'll try them out in a serious game.
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Smaug »

mart3p wrote:
Smaug wrote:...you forgot to include two directions for buffers (low) aswell as for buffers (high). In other words, the south directions are missing.
You haven't read the readme file. ;) The buffer directions are now automatic, build them and they will orientate themselves to the track/platform direction. If there is a track both sides a double buffer will be shown.
Yes, I realised a minute ago that I read somewhere that the buffer directions would be automated. I did hope to be fast enough for an edit, but I wasn't. I feel really stupid now... :oops:

Now I'm gonna hide in a dark corner and keep quiet for a while... Image
Life's like a play in a theatre,
Life's like a dream,
If life could be expressed in a sound,
It would sound like Dream Theater...
ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Smaug wrote:you forgot to include two directions for buffers (low) aswell as for buffers (high). In other words, the south directions are missing.
I haven't tried it myself but are you sure they don't flip round when you build some platforms next to them? I know this is the case in some station sets and it may now be the case in ISR. Note, this is purely speculation.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

I tried them myself, they're like the buffers in the Canadian station set - build tracks facing the same way they are on either side or both, and the buffers change to match them.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Toni Babelony wrote:Very nice work gentlemen! The way how the roads work and how the random station layouts work is just perfect!
Thanks Toni. :] I think 'perfect' might be going a little too far though, I believe there's still some room for improvement. ;)

>Ameecher and Gremnon: Please read the preceding posts before replying. ;) Not only have I already answered Smaug's query, but he has also replied:
Smaug wrote:Yes, I realised a minute ago that I read somewhere that the buffer directions would be automated. I did hope to be fast enough for an edit, but I wasn't. I feel really stupid now... :oops:

Now I'm gonna hide in a dark corner and keep quiet for a while... Image
Don't go completely quiet Smaug, I'm looking forward to your next batch of screenshots. :D
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

mart3p wrote:Thanks Toni. :] I think 'perfect' might be going a little too far though, I believe there's still some room for improvement. ;)
There's always room for improvement, of course. However, I really like it how the high and low tiles are combined now. Much much better then in the previous versions.
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

andythenorth wrote:
mart3p wrote:For the second angle, can't you just mirror it and re-shade the body?
Did You copy it, they seems so 1to1 :mrgreen:
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

ISA wrote:
Did You copy it, they seems so 1to1 :mrgreen:
Is that a "OO" guage model by any chance, and yes it does look very like the pic. An inpressive copy if it is the crane.
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Beardie27 wrote:and yes it does look very like the pic. An impressive copy if it is the crane.
I found it when I search material for my secret drawing work and first thing what it remind was that andy's crane :D
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

What's better than two angles on a crawler crane? Four angles!
crawler_crane_cc.png
crawler_crane_cc.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
crawler_crane_original.png
crawler_crane_original.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
AP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AP »

Hi guys!

First of all let me express how much I appreciate the wonderful work you all have done to build up a set like this. :bow:
While playing around and looking at the new industrial tiles just one thing came up to my mind. Isn't there the possibilitiy to set a parameter that lets you chose if you want to have fences around your industrial stations and facilities? I mean in real life you have fences around sites like this and you already have drawn some in the street entry tile. To have a fence around the whole station would be perfect and look very cool I suppose.

Best regards,

AP

P.S.: i see a lot of you use already the new factories from zimmlock. How did you manage that? Are they available as grfs yet?
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

AP wrote: P.S.: i see a lot of you use already the new factories from zimmlock. How did you manage that? Are they available as grfs yet?
He participated a lot to ECS.

Greets
Ammler
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

AP wrote: While playing around and looking at the new industrial tiles just one thing came up to my mind. Isn't there the possibility to set a parameter that lets you chose if you want to have fences around your industrial stations and facilities? I mean in real life you have fences around sites like this and you already have drawn some in the street entry tile. To have a fence around the whole station would be perfect and look very cool I suppose.
Well i suggested quiet a while back about getting the fences that go around the track to go around the stations once built, but this is not possible because its built into OpenTTD exe (i think, can't remember)

Edit: Heres the Post (or its on this page) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=681895#p681895
(Does anyone know how i can get the link to go straight to the post rather than the top of the Page its on.)
Last edited by Beardie on 04 Jul 2008 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

ISA wrote:Did You copy it, they seems so 1to1 :mrgreen:
The cheek of that suggestion :shock:

Nah, I copied some of these (Google image search) - within the limitations of pixel art :wink: . More important that it looks 'good' that looks 'accurate'.
AP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AP »

Hi Beardy!

Thanks a lot for quick reply. Hmm I just thought maybe there is kind of a function that implements fences in the tile if they are not linke to another station tile. If you build statiosn they also detect that if there is another tile linked to it the graphics change or join. Could maybe add even more realism to all this superb work, as in reality industrial sites are not open to public access. Of course it means to draw certain tiles with a fence.

Concerning the graphics of zimmlock. Can I use them without using a certain ECS vector. I would like to change my factories to his layout ( Some chzech guys made two grf's for coal mines and irone ore mines that replaced the original ones. Is there sth. similar for the factories, power plants, etc?)

Regards,

AP
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

mart3p wrote:>Ameecher and Gremnon: Please read the preceding posts before replying. ;) Not only have I already answered Smaug's query, but he has also replied
That's what happens when you don't realise there is another page when clicking the read new posts button. I hadn't realised his question had been answered.
AP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AP »

I meant this idea here, exactly... maybe you could add the fences to half grass/half grey tiles in the middle, so you would have the impression on these tile that they really make a fence? One could use those tile to build a fence around industrial stations and areas could lokk great maybe also with gates in it or small eye candy add ons (trafo station, tree, bank, advertisement or sth like this. On the map you would have industrila areas that are separated from normal town just like in reality.
Attachments
COOOOL
COOOOL
Bild1.png (3.81 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

AP wrote:Isn't there the possibilitiy to set a parameter that lets you chose if you want to have fences around your industrial stations and facilities?
This would be an enormous amount of work, as (almost) every station tile would have to be capable of showing a fence on any of its sides. Apart from the huge number of sprite layouts required, it would also involve a lot of additional logic for each tile, to check surrounding tiles and decide if a fence should be shown.
AP wrote:... maybe you could add the fences to half grass/half grey tiles in the middle, so you would have the impression on these tile that they really make a fence? One could use those tile to build a fence around industrial stations and areas could lokk great ...
Having additional fence tiles that a player could build around his/(her?) stations would be possible. In fact a user (who has requested anonymity at present) has already been working on some sprites for this. So this may be done eventually, but no promises. ;)

Beardie27 wrote:Does anyone know how i can get the link to go straight to the post rather than the top of the Page its on.
post link.png
post link.png (2.37 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
Right-click the symbol shown and use “Copy link location”.
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

mart3p wrote:
Beardie27 wrote:Does anyone know how i can get the link to go straight to the post rather than the top of the Page its on.
post link.png
Right-click the symbol shown and use “Copy link location”.
Thanks for Mart3p, never knew how to do that.

Anyway it would be nice to ISR station be able to merge with the land, because it does look a bit odd the low Grey tile next to green grass.

But i can get round this by building warehouses round the edge because it doesn't look so usual.

Return to “Graphics Development”