[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

pretty :))
Attachments
SCR470.png
SCR470.png (225.03 KiB) Viewed 608 times
SCR469.png
SCR469.png (138.61 KiB) Viewed 610 times
SCR468.png
SCR468.png (177.1 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I am not afraid to say I stole this idea (most recently, anyway, other people have done this) from Slace.

In a vauge attempt to make my boring steam era screenies more interesting, they are here in black and white. Hopefully this will make them easier to bear, as I steam towards (hopefully) a game that finishes in the modern age.

I would so like to get a game past 1970 or so without breaking something and making a new scenario...
Attachments
SCR473.png
SCR473.png (75.69 KiB) Viewed 2418 times
SCR472.png
SCR472.png (89.16 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
SCR471.png
SCR471.png (75.03 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Bored yet?

Yeah, thought so.
Attachments
SCR476.png
SCR476.png (137.26 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
SCR475.png
SCR475.png (137.34 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
SCR474.png
SCR474.png (144.94 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
ImageImage
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

How much more realistic it seems when using B/W images! Very nice! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Slace
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Slace »

Raichase wrote:I am not afraid to say I stole this idea (most recently, anyway, other people have done this) from Slace.
Score! I've started a trend :D
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Raichase wrote:OVER HALFWAY DOWN THE PAGE? What do I pay you kids for anyway?
I meant back through the topic! :P

The black & White shots look awesome!
Makes it look more realistic for some reason. :wink:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Geo.c Ghost wrote:
I think Raichase was complaining about this thread slipping down the Screenshots forum and that he wants us to Spam, I mean, praise him a bit more.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Ameecher wrote:
Geo.c Ghost wrote:
I think Raichase was complaining about this thread slipping down the Screenshots forum and that he wants us to Spam, I mean, praise him a bit more.
Something like that, yeah :lol:

Here ye go, feast your eyes and whatnots.
Attachments
A Saddle-tank shunts gravel wagons near Leeds. Not the real Leeds.
A Saddle-tank shunts gravel wagons near Leeds. Not the real Leeds.
SCR479.png (77.19 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
23,000 passengers and counting. Oops? The line running adjacent to the others at the top of the station is the city-commuter line, the terminus lines lead out to the countryside.
23,000 passengers and counting. Oops? The line running adjacent to the others at the top of the station is the city-commuter line, the terminus lines lead out to the countryside.
SCR478.png (251.64 KiB) Viewed 559 times
The fast train on platform 1 arrives as the slow train sits on the platform. The 0-6-0 was long ago taken off freight duties, and put on the passenger line.
The fast train on platform 1 arrives as the slow train sits on the platform. The 0-6-0 was long ago taken off freight duties, and put on the passenger line.
SCR477.png (113.35 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Forgot to mention. The signals in the first screenie of the previous post are not screwy. That was the terminus of the line until about 1933. So, while the rest of the line was being built, signals were used to turn trains around.
Attachments
The train DOES stop at Stockton, but only to pick up passengers. The crossover behind the station is a hangover for when it was used to terminate trains.
The train DOES stop at Stockton, but only to pick up passengers. The crossover behind the station is a hangover for when it was used to terminate trains.
SCR482.png (79.52 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
Passing a local train near Orrell.
Passing a local train near Orrell.
SCR481.png (154.84 KiB) Viewed 534 times
The new trains running diagonally across the map skip stations that more local trains service, to reduce crowding and to speed up the journey.
The new trains running diagonally across the map skip stations that more local trains service, to reduce crowding and to speed up the journey.
SCR480.png (77.69 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Heading north now, instead of south-west...
Attachments
The terminus at Lyonshall is still under construction. But this is the western corner of the map.
The terminus at Lyonshall is still under construction. But this is the western corner of the map.
SCR485.png (85.93 KiB) Viewed 2180 times
Stopping at Workington, the closest thing to a large town out here. As the crow flies, this about half way along the line between Loxhill and Lyonshall, but as the journey goes, this is 2/3 of the way
Stopping at Workington, the closest thing to a large town out here. As the crow flies, this about half way along the line between Loxhill and Lyonshall, but as the journey goes, this is 2/3 of the way
SCR484.png (122.92 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Stations here in the countryside have a very different style to those near urban centres. Hedges replace fences, and muted browns replace the sheen of metal.
Stations here in the countryside have a very different style to those near urban centres. Hedges replace fences, and muted browns replace the sheen of metal.
SCR483.png (80.62 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Some more progress shots from that line we viewed earlier (also, I slipped down the page some :tongue:)
Attachments
Radcliffe is becoming a rather busy junction. Watch that station, it may well double in capacity!
Radcliffe is becoming a rather busy junction. Watch that station, it may well double in capacity!
SCR488.png (102.33 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
A 2-8-0 hauling empty livestock wagons up the grade near Radcliffe
A 2-8-0 hauling empty livestock wagons up the grade near Radcliffe
SCR487.png (90.22 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
It's amazing the power a single double-decker bus going around and around has over a town.
It's amazing the power a single double-decker bus going around and around has over a town.
SCR486.png (148.33 KiB) Viewed 549 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

[...]
Attachments
A zoomed out shot of the railway infrastructure to the south of Loxhill, showing the new goods lines and sidings. The container station is actually linked to a truck stop in the centre of Loxhill :)
A zoomed out shot of the railway infrastructure to the south of Loxhill, showing the new goods lines and sidings. The container station is actually linked to a truck stop in the centre of Loxhill :)
SCR491.png (156.36 KiB) Viewed 552 times
The same goods train is later seen rolling down the bank into Orrell
The same goods train is later seen rolling down the bank into Orrell
SCR490.png (73.04 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
The companys flagship, an A4 Streamliner, passes a 2-8-0 slowly chuggling up the grade with a mixed goods.
The companys flagship, an A4 Streamliner, passes a 2-8-0 slowly chuggling up the grade with a mixed goods.
SCR489.png (73.58 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

And a zoomed in shot showing the farm sidings and the goods station as well. Not as many trains use the area now, but this saves expanding it when the new western lines are completed and traffic doubles or even triples.
Attachments
SCR492.png
SCR492.png (195.81 KiB) Viewed 560 times
ImageImage
Slace
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Slace »

man, the black/ white shots really do look sweet, even if I do say so myself ;)
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Maybe i have to release a Black and White ttrs version :mrgreen:
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Slace wrote:man, the black/ white shots really do look sweet, even if I do say so myself ;)
They do indeed, and they inspired me to do those sepia shots :). I'm still quite undecided on which of the two versions looks better, although sepia has a more "oldish" feeling to it.

And Raichase, that junction south of the farm looks awefully nice :shock:.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Raichase awesome shots as usual, though, may I suggest you have a look at using a more yellow-ish hue to your sepia stuff?
Formerly known as Lachie
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Raichase wrote: Something like that, yeah :lol:

Here ye go, feast your eyes and whatnots.
My bad... :P
Screenshots look excellent Raichase! :D
What would a Sepia effeft look like? :D
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Nice shots, I'm personally not quite so much a fan of the black and white (find it harder to distinguish between everything!), but it still look rather good. :)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

orudge wrote:Nice shots, I'm personally not quite so much a fan of the black and white (find it harder to distinguish between everything!), but it still look rather good. :)
Don't worry, it switches to colour in 1950 ;)
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”