is an installer for TTD Patch that I made some time ago using batch files. I noticed today that I've never created a topic for it, so here we go, an official topic for it.
Nr-TTD is meant as an installer for TTD Patch, so you can download the zip into a empty folder, run install.bat, and end up with a ttdpatchw.exe that you can run and enjoy the full features of TTD Patch.
Currently (version 0.11), Nr-TTD does the following things:
- Download and extract TTD
- Download and extract TTD Patch
- Download and extract newgrf files, and add them to newgrfw.cfg
- Download and extract TTDPC
- Support for HTTP proxies, and able to find the IE settings from the registry
- Support for mirroring of the nr-ttd files
Nr-TTD downloads all parts induvidually (nr-ttd.zip only contains the code and utilities needed for this, File list
, the source tree itself is also available online
), and thence does not (to the best of my knowledge) violate TTD Patch's or any newgrf's license. Legal iffyness comes from the fact that it downloads a zip of TTD from my server, but such is life. If you run it on top of an existing TTD install, it will not download TTD itself, it will just use the ones you provide.
So hopefully this topic can raise awareness of nr-ttd and come up with some possible improvements or discussion
Possible future ideas (TODO) :
- Drag 'n Drop .zip or .grf files onto newgrf.bat to install them into newgrf/ and newgrfw.cfg