2.6 nightly/alpha discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Well when I added the up/down buttons already told Josef about the distance problem, as the GUI for it should display some meaningfull easy to get value.

The current system doesn't. Say you press two times the up arrow and it still builds the signal the way as it did before... (and to make a difference you shouldn't need to click 4 times on the same button)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

pETe! wrote:Well, shoudn't it be better if you give a value X, and this value+1 is user for / and \ (in TTD the straight tiles), and X*2+1 is userd for - and | (in TTD the diagonal tiles)?
You made me realize that my thinking was wrong. When TTD calculates how much a train should move, it takes that distance times 0.75 on - and | tiles. Somehow I ended up thinking that I should do the same for signals, not realizing that | and - pieces are also much shorter...

In any case, I will change the signal separation to mean that you can fit N normal-length vehicles between signals, so 0 would put a signal on every tile, 1 would put on on every tile in / and \ and every other tile on - and |, and so on.

That will make Oskar's GUI happier too :)
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pETe! »

When TTD calculates how much a train should move, it takes that distance times 0.75 on - and | tiles.
The feeled [gefühlte] Speed is different on _ and / tiles.
Seems that TTD calculates Speed different from dimensions, perhaps to emulate some more perspective view...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Nightly r759 works like that now, the distance setting is the number of normal-length wagons between signals. I've removed the switch because it's now set in the signal gui window too.
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Only that it doesn't seem to be multiplayer safe, because it's not passed via the action handler ... I guess that needs fixing aswell.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

But it is!

Code: Select all

//      edx(16:23)=separation
Josef Drexler

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Ok,sorry, would be nice if you comment it at the action handler aswell:
http://svn.ttdpatch.net/trac/browser/tr ... i.asm#L434
:wink:

Otherwise you will get spamed with such comments in the future aswell :mrgreen:
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

Having tried the new autosignal tool, I've found a few things I personally would find an improvement. (r759)

Is it possible to either:
A: Add/return a switch for a default distance, or
B: Save the distance from savegame to savegame.

The reason I ask this is I use a distance of 10, but when reloading my game it defaults to 6 again - I didn't even notice the first time I clicked on it as I have a tendency to go through things without looking anymore (touch typists rule :) ) so placed signals at a distance that was incorrect (alarm bells rang when it looked wrong, so I checked the next time)

This is a huge improvement over huge distances, I no longer have to count tiles and place a hundred signals!

Scautura
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Scautura: will look into it, I guess I will put the data into enhancegui and so it can be saved...

Changes in the next nightly (r764-r769):
If the signalgui window is open and ctrl-click gets pressed, ctrl clicking will change signal type as without gui.
Signalgui moved a bit to the right to allow through clicking (for previous feature)
Signalgui will look ever 7 gui ticks at the tile for changes.
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

OT

Post by pETe! »

eis_os wrote:Scautura: will look into it, I guess I will put the data into enhancegui and so it can be saved...
Well, how can i stick the depod-window-size since it have been ripped out of the enhanced gui?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

The bottom right corner of each depot window is dragable such that the window can be resized.
The dimensions of each depot window type is stored when modified by the user, such that they are reapplied when the window is reopenned, hence making a global setting in the enhanced gui menu unnecessary.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

OK, so I've made this topic the general 2.6 discussion topic now, because I want to draw attention to some changes in the recent nightly (r778).

TTDPatch now properly supports articulated wagons with cargo. When multiple vehicles in the wagon carry the same cargo, they only use one line in the info window unless the cargo is from different sources, in which case it'll be broken up. Different cargo types always go on separate lines even if all of them are empty.

Because these changes are also in the 2.5 release branch, they require extensive testing, mainly whether I've accidentally broken something else. So please have a look if any vehicles in the buy menu or in the game suddenly have very strange capacities, thanks.
Attachments
(wagons are hacked from the japan set)
(wagons are hacked from the japan set)
articcap.png (11.26 KiB) Viewed 8555 times
Josef Drexler

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Patchman wrote:TTDPatch now properly supports articulated wagons with cargo.
Neatsticks :D

/me runs to test
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> show correct artic capacities in buy menu
> move vehicle info text to the right for artics
> [...]

Very nice!

regards
Michael
Attachments
SCR313.png
SCR313.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 8513 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

It doesn't seem to be showing the articulated capacity in the buy menu here. Otherwise, all good. :D

(Also, only the vehicle weight of the first vehicle is used - I assume this is the intended behaviour as otherwise it would require recoding all vehicle sets which use tenders, etc, but just checking).
Attachments
Image2.png
Image2.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 8503 times
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Pff, Josef you made me fear the topic is again gone :!:

About enhancegui:

Mek changed the code totally so I am bit lost in it, I think I will separate the code and redesign certain aspects... but first I need to understand Meks code. (I guess enhancegui window gets completely removed and I will put the options to some more natural places, say the options for setting TTD/Enhancegui style of station names...

The station gui code gets integrated into newstations, the code for Meks winsize, sticky and so on gets it's own bit switch...
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> It doesn't seem to be showing the articulated capacity in the buy menu here.

Did you include CB16 in the action03´s "FF branch" as well?

regards
Michael
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

michael blunck wrote:Did you include CB16 in the action03´s "FF branch" as well?
Ahah. Thanks Michael. :)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

PikkaBird wrote:It doesn't seem to be showing the articulated capacity in the buy menu here. Otherwise, all good. :D
I'd even documented that!
(Also, only the vehicle weight of the first vehicle is used - I assume this is the intended behaviour as otherwise it would require recoding all vehicle sets which use tenders, etc, but just checking).
Well, it's intended, but it's a bit of a hack and I'd be inclined to change that. I don't remember the rationale to do it this way... the problem doing it this way is that if you have variable-length artics (e.g. 3 parts before 1950 and 4 after 1950), then the weight will be wrong for one of them.

However as you say it would require recoding all existing artics if it were to be changed, so hmm...
Josef Drexler

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Would it be possible for the Patch to look in the GRF for some code announcing version compatibility, so as to be able to tell if it was or wasn't coded correctly to take advantage of that?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there

Return to “General TTDPatch”