2.6 nightly/alpha discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Davus Antonius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Davus Antonius »

In patch r1141 I don't have any trains listed in the train list.

Attatched picture, save game and config.
Attachments
SCR3.png
SCR3.png (37.13 KiB) Viewed 5479 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(35.57 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
TRP18.SV1
(263.64 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

try turning on sort vehicle list, then resize you window.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
gmyx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gmyx »

Minor bug with JGR's build on slopes for bridges feature. When adding a bridge that is higher that 1 level (i.e. 2 or more levels) and raising water tiles under said bridge, once a square is completed the square turns into a canal piece. Using r1159.
Attachments
SCR1.png
SCR1.png (31.75 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

you missed this bug, my regular bug with bridges, shows quite well with the water replacement .grf
Attachments
tsk tsk
tsk tsk
you missed a bit.PNG (63.08 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

The bug with raising water underneath a higher bridge becoming a canal tile has been fixed and committed, and will be available in the next nightly.

The bug with a coast slope appearing under a higher bridge when the bridge end tile is adjacent to a coast tile on the SW or SE side, appears to be a generic higher bridges graphical glitch.
I don't have time to look deeply into it now, except to say that Cht: Landinfo didn't reveal anything wrong with the landscape arrays that I noticed, that might cause the bug.

I have to pack, as I am off to Norway to visit relatives for a week tomorrow, and will subsequently be less active in the bug-fixing department...
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

ah but that happens all the time for me, high low normal, i just ignore it though 8)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> The bug with a coast slope [...]

That´s indeed a bug with higherbridges since a long time.

regards
Michael
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pETe! »

In the current nightly after some time a road-vehicles will stop leaving depods.
If you start them the drive ab bit (you'll see an edge of the rv in the depod) but will not go to the road.

Have get this behavior in another depod and in another (new) game.

Save is attachted.
Attachments
TRP00.SV1
example savegame
(340.35 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Turn off Articulated RVs till I have time to delete the code.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

The latest nightly has a new sign cheat which allows control of the parameters used in the land generator. Place a sign with "Cht: LandGen" followed by three numbers to set the three parameters. Leave off the numbers to go back to the usual parameters controlled by the difficulty settings.

The first number is the "delta height", which indicates how mountainous the map will be. Bigger means more mountains, with useful values for example 5, 10, 15 or 20.

The second number is the "trunc height" which determines the amount of water. Larger means more water, and it should increase with a larger delta height, with useful values being for example 20, 30 or 40.

The third one is the source patch size which controls the roughness. The larger it is, the rougher the map will be, with 18 being the maximum.

And to show what "20 40 18" looks like, see the attachment. :)
Attachments
bumpy.png
bumpy.png (27.5 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I should probably mention that this is rather experimental. It's possible to crash or hang TTDPatch when using combinations of parameters that don't make sense. As for what those are, I don't yet know. Fortunately, when you're generating landscapes there's not much information to lose when it crashes or hangs...

So far, it seems that as long as the first number is not too large, and the second one is larger than the first, you get decent landscapes.
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

Crash: if you use Cht: LandGen 1 2 2 or Cht: LandGen 2 1 2 and start a new map the game crashes. ttdpatch.cfg and latest crash attached.

Edit: WTF! There isn't any crashlog in my TTDPatch folder. Strange! Maybe another bug of beta 9.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(36.7 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Well, like I said it's experimental and likely to crash or hang, so I'm not too concerned about that yet.

This isn't so much about making all possible combinations work but rather for finding "interesting" combinations that make nice maps, so that they can perhaps be added to the land generator directly. So there's not much point in reporting values that break the generator, I'm more interested in values that generate nice maps.
Josef Drexler

m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

10 55-65 10 seems quite a nice island generator, with land tapering off to a few small rocks in the sea 8)
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

Since versie 2.5 beta 8 (also in beta 9) the AI can't remove rails from under bridges.
As far as I know, this wasn't a problem before the 2.5 beta's.
I'll try to figure out what the problem is.
It may even be related to the fact that I use a save-game from beta 6, which causes this problem.
I'll get back to ya.
Attachments
error-v25-beta9.gif
error-v25-beta9.gif (67.71 KiB) Viewed 4859 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

10 20 10 is nice.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
eli74
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eli74 »

Hello TTD fans...
I would like to be a part of this, so I´ve downloaded the latest nightly patch version (r1177) and couldn´t be able to run it. In a pic bellow you can see an error message I get every time trying to play the game.
Does it make any sence to You :?:
Attachments
problem.TIF
(279.6 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
***when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer***
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Please post screenshots as png (or gif if you must), other formats like tiff are not generally supported by browsers.

Anyway, the answer to your question is on the site where you downloaded the nightly.
Josef Drexler

eli74
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eli74 »

Fair enough, Patchman :)
***when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer***
eli74
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eli74 »

I got the game running end even got the trainlist working the way it´s supposed to but I have problem with the gameplay stuttering. Game itself stutters a lot. I must mention that this happenes only with the newest nightly patch. How am I supposed to fix this one?
Thanks in advance…

Return to “General TTDPatch”